Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Jurgen's at the wheel

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I think we'd all be ok with this. Just think most are surprised it hasn't happened this season.

I will still be amazed if another midfielder isn't brought in before the end of the window.
    Well, I can't see us getting a ninth+tenth senior midfielder in this window. Squad places, plus wages-as-a-percentage-of-revenue could be issues.

The club will have hoped that others would come in for some of Ox/Keita/Firmino you'd imagine and having managed to sell Ibe, Brewster, Solanke etc we probably backed ourselves to repeat the trick somewhere along the line, freeing up the relevant wages and squad spots.

That hasn't happened. If we ignore fan ambition for a moment and think about our stabilisation and future, then we have to ensure we finish the season in the Champion's League spots so that players still want to come and see 22/23 as a blip rather than a decline.

I foresee us trusting the lads who have got us this far, trying to grind out what we can until the World Cup and someone maybe arriving in January to bolster our second-half-of-season effort (if we use my example, the "Laimer" player) before adding our top target starting XI midfielder (the "Bellingham" player) early in the Summer.

All going well we'd then enter 23/24 having freshened up the midfield a bit, bedded Diaz, Núñez, Carvalho in, with a reduced average squad age and improved average squad durability midfielder - plus a newly improved stand. Klopp would still have at least 3 years left with us unless he leaves early and we would see plenty of spring shoots in the squad garden rather than seeing the browning leaves.

We are going to ship goals if we continue with Trent in his current mood.
    When Ramsey is fit I would hope to see Trent playing in midfield. think that has to be the way forward now.
    Might need a complete change of system to accommodate a new role for Trent and an old school number nine in Darwin. (who doesn't have the skill set or experience to play like Bobby).

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    We are going to ship goals if we continue with Trent in his current mood.
    When Ramsey is fit I would hope to see Trent playing in midfield. think that has to be the way forward now.
    Might need a complete change of system to accommodate a new role for Trent and an old school number nine in Darwin. (who doesn't have the skill set or experience to play like Bobby).
    Lets hope ramsay who is 19 and played 0 EPL league games saves us

so glad we sold neco for a bit of money for Henry's pockets.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 23rd August 2022 at 03:01 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Problem is Ramsey has only played a few games in the SPL.

It is a huge step up for him and he will be eased in when he is back from injury.

Gomez is likely to be back up RB but we'd need Konate/Matip back first.

Im with Nineteen as Trent is being made a scapegoat its been happening for too long now, you cant expect the lad to play high up the pitch to create and then run after speedsters like Rashford/Zaha all game.

Imo we miss 2018-19 Hendo at RCM who plugged the gaps we dont have that now so he gets exposed.

People need remember big teams full backs dont play like Dixon/Winterburn in this era.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Lets hope ramsay who is 19 and played 9 league games save us

so glad we sold neco for a bit of money for Henry's pockets.
    It might give Trent a bit of a jolt if nothing else.
    Hes been bought because he's seen as a better option than Neco.

Neco was never gonna start regular over Trent. so he needed to leave to play more. Thats understandable for the lad.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    @Toshin.
    Agree fully. The midfield needed attention before the attack, we would have been short by not replacing Mane but we still had goals in there with Salah and Jota.
    I personally think Klopp will have been told he can have both but on the proviso that Keita or Ox are moved on.
    We have far too much deadwood picking up heavy wage packets, we've shifted plenty of it out but some hasn't been replaced, it doesn't have to be in like for like areas either.
    We might see a difference on the right side when Ramsay is fit.
    If i'd been playing Football Manager I would have used the Nunez money on the midfield, told Divock he's going to be the main man this season and shifted Bobby and maybe brought Suarez in as an impact sub.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

I think we'd all be ok with this. Just think most are surprised it hasn't happened this season.

I will still be amazed if another midfielder isn't brought in before the end of the window.
    prepare to be amazed
    #paupers
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

If i'd been playing Football Manager I would have used the Nunez money on the midfield, told Divock he's going to be the main man this season and shifted Bobby and maybe brought Suarez in as an impact sub.
    Which midfielder would you have bought?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Which midfielder would you have bought?
    With the £60-70m - we could have had our pick of midfielders.

Neves
    De Jong
    Barella
    Ward-Prowse
    Bissouma
    Lemar
    N'Didi

These are just ones I could think of off the top of my head. I dont follow the game worldwide anymore. 10 years ago, i'd have had a full dossier on 100 players!
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side