Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Jurgen's at the wheel

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    With the £60-70m - we could have had our pick of midfielders.

Neves
    De Jong
    Barella
    Ward-Prowse
    Bissouma
    Lemar
    N'Didi

These are just ones I could think of off the top of my head. I dont follow the game worldwide anymore. 10 years ago, i'd have had a full dossier on 100 players!
    Aye I'd take any of those.

Bissouma went for 25m
    There were other players like Renato sanches etc who would have been available for the same.

Guimaraes at 40m is some player Btw.

Anyway i don't think we ever had an intention to buy a mf.

There is alot of deadwood and we needed a plan last seasonor earlier to move them On, although I'm not sure anyone would have wanted them at their wages.
    Some might have needed a loan to get them playing and interest clubs.

If i'd been playing Football Manager I would have used the Nunez money on the midfield, told Divock he's going to be the main man this season and shifted Bobby and maybe brought Suarez in as an impact sub.
    I actually mentioned while Suarez had no team he would be a good super sub as you say,but as most on here were so assured of our team at the time it was considered ridiculous even though he could have been signed for a somewhat pathetic fee for 1 year,better than the shite i said on our bench but hey ho .Wonder if he could have found the net against United.Salah is pale in comparison at finding the net even at what ......35yrs old
    Last edited by fagin; 24th August 2022 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    I actually mentioned while Suarez had no team he would be a good super sub as you say,but as most on here were so assured of our team at the time it was considered ridiculous even though he could have been signed for a somewhat pathetic fee for 1 year,better than the shite i said on our bench but hey ho .Wonder if he could have found the net against United. Salah is pale in comparison at finding the net even at what ......35yrs old
    Salah has been phenomanal. His record is brilliant, not sure what more you want from the guy!
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Bayern got Gravenberch for €18.5 million

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Bayern got Gravenberch for €18.5 million
    Speaking of good value for money, we need to target French League and Portuguese League prospects early doors in future.

Everton look like they could be getting £120m for Richarlison and Gordon for crying out loud. Declan Rice apparently being valued at £150m.

I know the Neymar transfer changed things but the prices for distinctly average lads this Summer is going to be a nightmare for a lot of clubs going forward.

Salah has been phenomanal. His record is brilliant, not sure what more you want from the guy!
    Because everything is crap, apparently.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

On whether Liverpool will need to add to their midfield options, given Keita’s injury, Klopp said to Sky Germany: “A little difficult (to answer), I’m not really the right person to ask.

“As a manager, I’d like to have more players who are available (to play), naturally. But that’s all I can say. We’re always working on it.

“But whether we can do something, I don’t know.”

Make of that what you will. I think it’s obvious from his demeanour and his words that he is unhappy with the setup.

“But that’s all I can say”

And

“I’m not really the right person to ask”…?

Hmm ok - so who should they ask then Jurgen… and who or what is getting in the way of you speaking candidly?
    Last edited by Steveo; 24th August 2022 at 08:05 PM.

Defo. It's a repeat of the January defensive crisis in the way he's talking. He's putting the onus on them, remains to be seen if they act on it though.
    I read earlier that Keita is out for longer, unlikely he's being shipped out.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Defo. It's a repeat of the January defensive crisis in the way he's talking. He's putting the onus on them, remains to be seen if they act on it though.
    I read earlier that Keita is out for longer, unlikely he's being shipped out.
    they might allow him a sub £10M midfielder signing or a journeyman on a free i suppose. but then, if that doesnt meet his needs, he'll not play the guy anyway to make a point to FSG. Who wont give a fuck as there'll be 000's of xtra seats to sell at £299 per game next season when the stand opens.