Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: Jurgen's at the wheel

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    they might allow him a sub £10M midfielder signing or a journeyman on a free i suppose. but then, if that doesnt meet his needs, he'll not play the guy anyway to make a point to FSG. Who wont give a fuck as there'll be 000's of xtra seats to sell at £299 per game next season when the stand opens.
    They'll be bothered when there's no Champions League football and there won't be

The Souness comments are based on pressing and counter pressing and winning second balls to create undefendable new points of attack out of nowhere with our devastating directness is the new all singing all dancing passing game, we were right at the top of it, as Liverpool were when the passing game trumped all when he took over, we've effectively done what he did, tried to move away from the best way of playing, when we were at the very pinnacle of playing that way and the best placed team in world football to consolidate that and move even further ahead of everyone else

Jurgen has zero record of winning anything or being successful in any way with a possession based passing team either

That's the point, backs to basics to sort this unholy shit show of a mess out and bite the bullet on all the failed signings
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The point here really is

What IS Jurgen's record of achievements and accomplishments playing a tappy crappy possession based game?

There isn't one

Whereas Jurgen's record playing a fuck off in your face pressing and counter pressing game is exemplary, he even handed Guardiola, THE best manager at employing a highly successful tappy crappy passing game his arse with the style Jurgen is famed and renouned for at the point the players were playing it at the absolute best I have ever seen it played, including by his Dortmund side at any point

There has been far too much of people believing their own hype going on since we won the Champions League then Premier League in back to back seasons, people need to get OFF their own dicks and remember how they won those fucking things

Do you ever have a day off ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Do you ever have a day off ?
    This is said matter-of-factly, with no intent to disparage Nineteen and no desire to "have a go" at yourself.

He's openly Neuro-divergent. Whether this is an outlet for him, or potentially a form of stimming that he does.....well, it is what it is. We've all seen the same "press and counter-press" and "19/20" and "Henderson delivering the ball from..." post over and over, but it's highly likely he is in-the-zone when on here.

Also, he can speak for himself, so Nineteen, if I'm taking agency out of explaining yourself, it's certainly not said to belittle or condescend.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Defo. It's a repeat of the January defensive crisis in the way he's talking. He's putting the onus on them, remains to be seen if they act on it though.
    I read earlier that Keita is out for longer, unlikely he's being shipped out.
    Its all blaba Tees !

Something weird with Naby fit for long time last season and all pre season.

Mane his mate goes...whispers he is unhappy...then before a game he is ill trains then injured.

I really hope he is on his bike he isnt worth the hassle.

Maybe Keita being unavailable is a classic cover story because there is some kind of deal going on with Dortmund, Naby and Bellingham.
    I know , wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    This is said matter-of-factly, with no intent to disparage Nineteen and no desire to "have a go" at yourself.

He's openly Neuro-divergent. Whether this is an outlet for him, or potentially a form of stimming that he does.....well, it is what it is. We've all seen the same "press and counter-press" and "19/20" and "Henderson delivering the ball from..." post over and over, but it's highly likely he is in-the-zone when on here.

Also, he can speak for himself, so Nineteen, if I'm taking agency out of explaining yourself, it's certainly not said to belittle or condescend.
    I was being polite!!

I see no difference in how we play now than we did in the last few years.. Lets face the facts here. without Man-city Klopp would have 3 titles now.. Its a bit of a pain getting 96 points and 94 points and still not winning the league title
    Its not easy constantly going to the well and winning.. We have dropped off intensity because its not easy to press the ball all the god damn time like a certain person wants.

Some people forget that there are TWO teams that compete for a game. I think Jurgen made the odd error in his team selection but who am i to question him. since hes been here hes been magnificent .
    Its the owners that are letting him down. Like i said in the first game of the season away to Fulham if the owners really care for this club. They'd give Klopp the money he needs to get a midfielder or 2
    Last edited by justme; 25th August 2022 at 12:24 AM.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I was being polite!!
    I know you weren't being rude mate. I don't always manage to put across the proper tone when it comes to the written word. Always struggled with it. Have had plenty of times someone thought I was being rude when I had no intent of it and have had people think I was being ultra nice when I was actually being a bit passive aggressive - something I try not to do as I hate being catty.

Have spent an evening with an unofficial mental health group so you probably caught me at a time when I am hyper-alert to stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I see no difference in how we play now than we did in the last few years..
    You're not paying attention

Overplaying

Significant depreciation of runs in behind, sometimes none at all and yes we always made these even with opponents camped on the edge of their own box as it's a means of moving defenders and making space for either full back to arrive into with time and space

Loss or runs in behind is an obvious direct consequence of overplaying (Thiago) players were used to making these runs over and over and our other players being positioned to win any second ball and trying to connect their runs very quickly, if you keep making the runs and the team is overplaying and the other players aren't trying to connect your runs, or we don't have the midfielders to connect the runs, you start dropping off looking for the ball to feet -

If you don't accept those 2 things have been happening more and more and are happening for those reasons and as a consequence of both those things, I honestly pity your limited appreciation of the game (In general, not a dig at you Justme)

The other thing the overplaying and our desperately poor attempts to become an all singing all dancing passing team have caused are:

A huge loss in our ability to be devastatingly direct

A huge loss in the amount of second balls we win very high up the pitch following attempted balls over the top, in positions that are a new point of attack no amount to training or coaching or reading of the game or anticipation can prepare players attempted to be organised to defend for

A huge loss in our ability on the counter through the reduced ability to be devastatingly direct

Being far more easy to get at and more easily countered - As a result of a significant drop in our players pressing and counter pressing position and ability to win second balls