Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury+suspension list and updates.

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    Shocking lack of respect here.
    You're right.
    But there are a lot of people on here who don't understand the game.
    Some think that because he has 9 on is shirt he should be an Ian Rush poacher.

Thiago Alcantara is expected to train today.

Good just intime to get fit before he gets another injury prior to the next game hes available for
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Good just intime to get fit before he gets another injury prior to the next game hes available for
    Not at all implausible.

Still - getting a body back will be very much welcomed.

That's all of our forward options available now I think - all(?) of our defensive options besides Konate with Jones back, Thiago coming back and the Arthur transfer to help a bit.

Our next cluster of League games is arguably our trickiest 5-game run of the season so all news is good news on returns.

I wanted to try to keep an ongoing list of the injuries to see we fare over the season. This more for myself as I'm interested to see how our injuries pan out over the season. I've taken Sid's original post and edited it.

Goalkeepers - Currently 1 Injured
    Caoimhin Kelleher - Currently Missed 6 league games due to injury. Injured in pre-season / on international duty?

Defenders - Currently 2 Injured
    Calvin Ramsay - Currently Missed 6 league games due to injury. No return date.

Ibrahima Konate - Currently Missed 6 league games due to injury. Injured in pre-season. No return date.

Joel Matip - Currently Missed 3 league games due to injury. Back on the bench for the last 2 games against Newcastle and Bournemouth.

Midfielders - Currently 4 Injured
    Thiago Alcantara - Currently Missed 5 league games due to injury. Played the 1st game and got injured. Back in training this week?

Jordan Henderson - Currently Missed 1 league game due to injury. Played the 1st 5 and got injured against Newcastle. No return date.

Naby Keita - Currently Missed 6 league games. The 1st game was due to illness and the next 5 are due to "injury". Injured himself falling over at training. Will he ever return?

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - Currently Missed 6 league games due to injury. Injured in pre-season. Will he ever return?

Curtis Jones - Currently Missed 6 league games due to injury. Injured in pre-season. IS he available again?

Attackers - Currently 0 Injured

Diogo Jota - Missed 5 league games due to injury. Was back on the bench against Everton and came on. Back available.

Darwin Núñez - Missed 3 league games due to suspension. Back available.

Dont think I have missed anyone?
    Last edited by jr81; 5th September 2022 at 11:20 AM.

Not injury related but perhaps connected to current fitness levels, both mental and physical.
    So much for “intensity is our identity”.

#lfc have been out run in every single match this season.
    Minimum 1.7k fewer than opponent, max 7k, average 3.4k per match

Total 20km less than our opponents over the 6 games. In the corresponding fixtures last season we had 11km more.
    That's a swing of -5km per match

@DanKennett
    ·
    Sep 4
    I now regret to inform you that #LFC have had fewer High Intensity Runs than our opponents in every game this season. Average of 161 per match
    Dan Kennett
    @DanKennett
    ·
    Sep 4
    Being out-worked AND out-sprinted is the real shit sandwich. Trend is so obvious expect media data analysis in the coming week in all the usual outlets.

Dan Kennett
    @DanKennett
    ·
    Sep 3
    We've been top 2 for high intensity distance every season under klopp. 17th this year so far.

Not going to be a great season sadly already look fucked... long season ahead of us in a short space of time due to world cup too.

but that's what you get for years of working hard little rotation in certain areas due to squad depth and injury crooks and little investment in key areas, that need to be freshened up.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    I wanted to try to keep an ongoing list of the injuries to see we fare over the season. This more for myself as I'm interested to see how our injuries pan out over the season. I've taken Sid's original post and edited it.

Goalkeepers - Currently 1 Injured
    Caoimhin Kelleher - Currently Missed 6 league games due to injury. Injured in pre-season / on international duty?

Defenders - Currently 2 Injured
    Calvin Ramsay - Currently Missed 6 league games due to injury. No return date.

Ibrahima Konate - Currently Missed 6 league games due to injury. Injured in pre-season. No return date.

Joel Matip - Currently Missed 3 league games due to injury. Back on the bench for the last 2 games against Newcastle and Bournemouth.

Midfielders - Currently 4 Injured
    Thiago Alcantara - Currently Missed 5 league games due to injury. Played the 1st game and got injured. Back in training this week?

Jordan Henderson - Currently Missed 1 league game due to injury. Played the 1st 5 and got injured against Newcastle. No return date.

Naby Keita - Currently Missed 6 league games. The 1st game was due to illness and the next 5 are due to "injury". Injured himself falling over at training. Will he ever return?

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - Currently Missed 6 league games due to injury. Injured in pre-season. Will he ever return?

Curtis Jones - Currently Missed 6 league games due to injury. Injured in pre-season. IS he available again?

Attackers - Currently 0 Injured

Diogo Jota - Missed 5 league games due to injury. Was back on the bench against Everton and came on. Back available.

Darwin Núñez - Missed 3 league games due to suspension. Back available.

Dont think I have missed anyone?
    Dear jr81,
    I do not have the data but I have a perception that we pick up quite a large number of niggling and persisting preseason injuries from Jurgen's preseason training which seems to undermine the reason for such training. I am deeply skeptical as to the cost/risk benefits of these low-key tournaments in continents where we do not plough our trade.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Not injury related but perhaps connected to current fitness levels, both mental and physical.
    So much for “intensity is our identity”.

#lfc have been out run in every single match this season.
    Minimum 1.7k fewer than opponent, max 7k, average 3.4k per match

Total 20km less than our opponents over the 6 games. In the corresponding fixtures last season we had 11km more.
    That's a swing of -5km per match

@DanKennett
    ·
    Sep 4
    I now regret to inform you that #LFC have had fewer High Intensity Runs than our opponents in every game this season. Average of 161 per match
    Dan Kennett
    @DanKennett
    ·
    Sep 4
    Being out-worked AND out-sprinted is the real shit sandwich. Trend is so obvious expect media data analysis in the coming week in all the usual outlets.
    And it's been massively noticeable as well!

I do wonder if Klopp is trying to keep a little bit in reserve till after the World Cup.

Alternatively, we're jus not trying enough...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side