Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: This weekend's other games

Rodgers has lost the plot at Leicester and Man United look very good. They’ll be serious competition for top 4 this season.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Rodgers has lost the plot at Leicester and Man United look very good. They’ll be serious competition for top 4 this season.
    They the filthy still don't look very good to me, 451 lump it long with pace in behind most of the time, Leicester are just all over the place

A huge part of their game against us was complacency and arrogance and us trying to pass through them, not mixing it up having runs in behind or going direct at any point, they ripped our right side with Trent completely unsupported

Milner broke our golden rule of defending of not going to ground diving in, but standing up making a good angle for Alisson and letting him do what he does, Virgil got a lot of stick off Milner, but it was Milner's fault going to ground, Alisson thinks the shot's coming so dives to cover the area beyond him, Virgil makes a good angle for Alisson, not knowing he was on his arse over the other side of the goal thanks to Millie
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Still 1-0 to the filthy who have been really poor, Leicester gifted them a really soft goal, as soft as Milner throwing himself to ground instead of standing up and Elliott not tracking Erikson for their goal v us

They weren't good or great against us, they just ran harder and pressed harder than we did and caused problems lumping it long to Trent's side where he was unsupported while we completely forgot to use our once best in the world ability to be devastatingly direct, even when struggling to play out through being pressed

Well, looks like the filthy will win this, got a scarcely deserved goal, playing 451, then sat back in numbers trying to counter

Managed to make Leicester who could barely string 2 passes together look exceptional for half an hour in the second half though

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well, looks like the filthy will win this, got a scarcely deserved goal, playing 451, then sat back in numbers trying to counter

Managed to make Leicester who could barely string 2 passes together look exceptional for half an hour in the second half though
    A friend watched them against Southampton and said they looked poor overall and now you are saying they looked poor tonight.

Interesting. I'm inclined to think they'll ride New Manager bounce for a bit then drop off but we'll see.

But they are winning games by defending properly. Something we have completely forgotten how to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    A friend watched them against Southampton and said they looked poor overall and now you are saying they looked poor tonight.

Interesting. I'm inclined to think they'll ride New Manager bounce for a bit then drop off but we'll see.
    They were really poor, the pundits and media are desperately trying to polish a turd right now, they're actually making stuff up, inventing this apparent air of confidence and superiority and domination of the ball that NEVER happened against a piss poor Leicester side who were frankly embarrassing at times

I think they might continue to improve, Casemiro will be a very good signing for them, he's one of many No6's/DMs in the Prem who are comfortably better than Fab and after that it will depend largely on what the impact of Antony is like

Here's Man UTD fan boy Savage running down the club he played most of his career for who were the equal of the filthy for most of the game, had more opportunities to fashion a chance and fluffed their lines or their chance than the filthy overall

Results breed belief and confidence. They were always going to improve as they couldn't have got much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    But they are winning games by defending properly. Something we have completely forgotten how to do.
    One of many things we've forgotten how to do

Like being direct when teams are trying to press us

We used to be brilliant at it, teams trying to press us, runs in behind, medium to long balls looking to connect them, supporting runs from either full back and one of the midfielders to win any second ball - We forgot to do that for the entirety of the game v the filthy and most of the others, we only beat Newcastle by belatedly remembering to do it in the second half

Runs in behind are vital, as soon as your LWFD and RFWD are dropping looking to get the ball, their full back is on them blind pressing them and we're nullified and that's been happening too much and would have been happening even more if Diaz wasn't such a trickster so good at running away from them infield to then try and send us forward again, but that then leaves us a man short with no run in behind up top

It's very easy to pinpoint the things we used to be the best in the world at we've stopped doing altogether to our own detriment, there are loads of them

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Results breed belief and confidence. They were always going to improve as they couldn't have got much worse.
    if the signings work out as I think they'll be around 4th
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.