Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: This weekend's other games

Quote Originally Posted by Creator Supremes View Post
    Confused again by VAR with McTominay. Ball drops onto Saints playeres chest, then hits Utd players left hand, rolling on to his right.
    https://twitter.com/_Ventful_/status/1563509357564002304?s=20&t=nov2B4QiDLQxFodAIv7m7Q
    I have no idea what they're doing, just tempted to call it a day with the football, it's just too rigged, every other sport you have replays, there are conclusive rules and you get the right outcome, there's no excuse for football to be any different all it does is reveal it's corrupt

I saw some of the Arsenal game, I didn't see a conclusive replay, but it looked very much like the ball was knocked onto Gabriel's arm, below the shirt line, before falling at his feet to score their winner, so I'm wondering if they've changed something there
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Oh the explanation for the Rashford offside being given was the thicker lines to give the attacker the benefit of the doubt, apparently he was marginally offside, by a couple of inches to the naked eye, I look forward to our lads benefitting from such decisions in our favour - I don't agree with the thicker line rule because it seems a creation that although well meaning has allowed Premier League officials to use personal bias in no applying it the same for all teams

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Oh the explanation for the Rashford offside being given was the thicker lines to give the attacker the benefit of the doubt, apparently he was marginally offside, by a couple of inches to the naked eye, I look forward to our lads benefitting from such decisions in our favour - I don't agree with the thicker line rule because it seems a creation that although well meaning has allowed Premier League officials to use personal bias in no applying it the same for all teams
    I thought it was Jurgens fault we lost ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I thought it was Jurgens fault we lost ?
    A football managers position is no different to a tour managers, when the show goes brilliantly and according to plan, the band and every single crew member did a brilliant job, the credit is all theirs, when things go wrong, it's all down to you, you'd have had to do a job like this to understand it, but it is how it is

A football managers position is no different to a tour managers, when the show goes brilliantly and according to plan, the band and every single crew member did a brilliant job, the credit is all theirs, when things go wrong, it's all down to you, you'd have had to do a job like this to understand it, but it is how it is
    He's lost 1 game in the league this Calender year and a Champions league final. To hear you you'd think he's the next Sam Alderdice.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    He's lost 1 game in the league this Calender year and a Champions league final. To hear you you'd think he's the next Sam Alderdice.
    We've had the issues of attempted tappy crappy 3 seasons now, to then revert to pressing and counter pressing better agaiin and playing with greater intensity

Answer me this, any of you

If you absolutely hand the best footballing side in the world, managed by the best footballing manager their arse, by playing Jurgen's pressing and counter pressing, winning second balls as new undefendable points of attack, and being brilliantly direct, and beating all comers even though they knew what was coming, but because there are elements of that winning the ball high, pinning them in with expert pressing and counter pressing and winning second balls, no amount of training can prepare you to defend against the relentless persistent questions asked of you over a whole match, why the fuck would you try to play more like the side you handed their arse and throw a lot of what made you the best team on the planet 2 seasons running out with the baby and the bath water?

What has the result of that been?

Are we still the best side on the planet?

When you've changed from that and the incredible intensity of it, is it really acceptable to be out run, out thought, out fought, out pressed and counter pressed and out counter attacked, all the things you were the best team in the world at, by a shower of shite bunch of also ran primadonna no hopers from down the East Lancs Road?

No it is not

We've had the issues of attempted tappy crappy 3 seasons now, to then revert to pressing and counter pressing better agaiin and playing with greater intensity

Answer me this, any of you

If you absolutely hand the best footballing side in the world, managed by the best footballing manager their arse, by playing Jurgen's pressing and counter pressing, winning second balls as new undefendable points of attack, and being brilliantly direct, and beating all comers even though they knew what was coming, but because there are elements of that winning the ball high, pinning them in with expert pressing and counter pressing and winning second balls, no amount of training can prepare you to defend against the relentless persistent questions asked of you over a whole match, why the fuck would you try to play more like the side you handed their arse and throw a lot of what made you the best team on the planet 2 seasons running out with the baby and the bath water?

What has the result of that been?

Are we still the best side on the planet?

When you've changed from that and the incredible intensity of it, is it really acceptable to be out run, out thought, out fought, out pressed and counter pressed and out counter attacked, all the things you were the best team in the world at, by a shower of shite bunch of also ran primadonna no hopers from down the East Lancs Road?

No it is not
    As it was asked on another thread and you never answered, did you not say we were robbed of numerous titles from sports washing ?

#Tapppycrappy.

Hmmm … what was the difference between Palace’s ruled out third goal and Real Madrid scoring in the Champions League Final when Karius threw one at the opponent’s foot?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Hmmm … what was the difference between Palace’s ruled out third goal and Real Madrid scoring in the Champions League Final when Karius threw one at the opponent’s foot?
    Saw that.

Also seen a vid of Haaland with a high foot in the 32nd-minute, studs catching a Palace lad on the head.

If they go down to 10 men at 2-0 down there's every chance they don't get the 3 points.