Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131617181920212223

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Bournemouth

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    2 things stood out on Saturday.

1. The geggenpress was awesome and relentless. Maybe one of the most ferocious it has been, Elliot was key to that as well as Lucho. I can see sides that have ability to bypass it but I like the way we trusted our way. When if it is beaten I think overall we defend better in recovery rather than in a mid or low block. The energy levels were insane both in attack and defending.

2. We won handsomely but if you look we still gave the ball away from easy passes to a man nearby, Trent, Bobby and Hendo. Because we won it will not be an issue but we will be in trouble if this continues. It is not hard passes and when they give it away because of our front footed nature other players are out of position. It is still a concern.

My 2 cents.
    yep - barely mentioned by any - Hendo was shocking early doors in this game and must be very thankful, not only that he got a start after his showing at United but also for the early goals. He improved as the game went on to be fair BUT against better sides the damage likely have been done

His form is worrying

Yep this is the problem. He needs to be managed as does Thiago. Sadly we don’t have cover for either. Not really.

Jones is back in training, I know he isn’t quite there yet but it’s something. Matip training too.

We have to beat the Barcodes

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep this is the problem. He needs to be managed as does Thiago. Sadly we don’t have cover for either. Not really
    Think the capacity to manage Henderson's minutes is coming. If we get a first-choice midfielder (just to have a name we'll say Bellingham) then Henderson is likely to get phased into a Milner-esque role of playing regularly, but not being expected to be a starter who completes 90 minutes in 45-games-per-season in all comps.

Ideally this process is happening now rather than what I imagine will be 12 months from now, but the timing of an incoming midfield transfer has been done to Death in multiple threads so won't deep-dive there.

Lowering the average age of the midfield and upping the average availability of players there (ie robust incomings) will help to alleviate the Henderson/Thiago issues. I don't think we'll wait forever on it - we can't afford to.