Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Everton

Your team v Everton

Carvalho does the absolute business right at the Death - flashbacks of Collymore.

The youth is the future!

Now a game that needs absolutely no introduction arrives after a very physical match with a well-disciplined Newcastle.

Frank Lampard's Everton have managed to get just 3 points from their opening 5 matches and thus remain in the relegation spots - not that there's much point in reading too much into the table so early on. That said, they do look a bit short in the goal-scoring department so hopefully we can score first for a change and go from there. Inflicting further damage to them would be a nice bonus to add to bettering our own position if we can win.

......................Alisson

Trent......Gomez.......Van Dijk.....Robertson

.......................Fabinho

...............Henderson........Elliott

Salah..............Firmino...........Diaz

Núñez to come on as the game goes on. I'd save the returning Matip for the Champion's League match against Napoli. Have deliberately placed Henderson right and Elliott left - they can swap throughout the game of course but as much as I liked Elliott's energy his left-footedness caused a couple of minor disruptions in the attacking phases against Newcastle - moreso in the first half.

Prior to the Bournemouth game I said I'd have taken 6 points from Bournemouth, Newcastle and Everton - due to our slow start, hampered by injuries. I'll stand by that - but we could get 9 with a win.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

This is the game when Mo Salah will come back to life. Everton's left back is poor.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    This is the game when Mo Salah will come back to life. Everton's left back is poor.
    He won't be winning the Golden Boot this season at the current rate, but hopefully he can find the net on Saturday.

I'll take another assist from him mind - main thing is for us to score - ideally first might I add - with luck get an injury-free win.

Alisson
    Trent Gomez VVD Robbo
    Fab Hendo
    Salah Carvalho Diaz
    Firmino

Subs
    Adrian, Matip, Phillips, Tsimi,
    Milner, Jones, Elliot, Jota & Nunez

Klopp mentioning that Henderson "felt his hamstring" which isn't good.

Milner, Jones or Carvalho will likely have to come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    He won't be winning the Golden Boot this season at the current rate, but hopefully he can find the net on Saturday.

I'll take another assist from him mind - main thing is for us to score - ideally first might I add - with luck get an injury-free win.
    He seems to be less greedy now that Mane left. Or is it cause he noticed that he is out of form? But overall second half he really contributed performance wise from an effort point of view. Think in all the games so far he has put in a shift. He will come good sooner rather than

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Alisson
    Trent Gomez VVD Robbo
    Fab Hendo
    Salah Carvalho Diaz
    Firmino

Subs
    Adrian, Matip, Phillips, Tsimi,
    Milner, Jones, Elliot, Jota & Nunez
    Has to be since midfield is depleted but Jones and Carvalho Milner should come on earlier perhaps just from a fatigue point of view and gap between the 2 games.

Allison

Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Elliott

Salah Firmino Diaz

Be far better in our pressing and counter pressing, Hendo and Fab to work in tandem to stop their diving bastard being released easy down our right, runs in behind from Mo and Diaz, Trent, Hendo, Virgile and Elliott looking to release those runs, what I will say about Elliott and why I'd like to see him on our left is I think as much as his complete absence of a right foot makes him a misfit at RCM, looking at the passing he is capable of, I think him having a left foot of some distinction could be brilliant for releasing Diaz, Mo and Nunez from LCM, wide or through the channels
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    He seems to be less greedy now that Mane left. Or is it cause he noticed that he is out of form? But overall second half he really contributed performance wise from an effort point of view. Think in all the games so far he has put in a shift. He will come good sooner rather than
    I believe he tried to pass to Henderson on the edge of the box...
    I suspect he's not backing himself to finish

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    He was quiet for a spell second half after his assist, but as we gained that momentum he came to life again and was key to us pushing them back further and further..

As long as we win... I couldn't give a fooK who scores