Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Deadline Day

Looks a tidy player. Signed for £70 million from Barcelona. I hope it works out for both parties

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    meanwhile chelsea will be signing fucking everyone today
    If Chelsea want to continue to attempt to buy their way out of their current funk, let them.

When the owners inevitably fire Tuchel, the next Manager will be re-assembling the Plane while it's airborne yet again. Another team, another transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Don't need him to be brilliant. Need someone to take a bit of pressure off during an injury crisis. If he eases the burden on Thiago and Henderson's legs for 7-10 matches and takes a bit of pressure off the young breakthroughs having to outperform our regulars to keep the points coming in, I'll take it.

It's deadline day. Any selling club with a midfielder that we want will be adding at least £20m to the fee.

Some of our fans will scream "do it anyway!" - and they'll be the very first to complain if our January or Summer budgets take a hit as a result.
    or do it when it needs to be done.......How is it possible we have so little to spend when we have been prudent and successful for so long ?

Who can we buy today then? Someone that can come in, improve the "first 11-16" drastically without blocking the routes of Carvalho and Elliott up their respective ladders? What will the approximate cost be?

If there is someone then I am on Board. I don't believe in saving purely for saving's sake, just as I don't believe in high possession percentages for the sake of a possession stat - it's more nuanced than that.

Who should we bring in, today?
    It should have been addressed as soon as our always unfit midfield all went off with long injuries .....again.....

Apparently he's out with an ankle injury now :/

Not sure how he'll cope with our crippling training regime or the pace of the Premier League.

It goes without saying, that I hope he is successful with us, but it does sound like another Poundland signing.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

The Summer is gone through. That is past.

There is the present and the future. Complaining about what has gone before doesn't provide a solution, other than temporarily making us feel good that there is someone or something to blame and that we may get to say "see? I told you so!" which is a very short-lived dose of whatever it does for people.

Who should we sign today?
    sorry but there's no excuse, everyone and i mean EVERYONE knows where we need to improve and what we needed this summer, heck it was the same as last season!!!!!! nothing done yet again.

Then to leave it to deadline day.... to do a kabak loan for christ sake who from what i've read has attitude problems, problems with team.. and to top it all off, injury prone just what we need.

"who should we sign today" - we've had years.

"noone is better than Milner keita and Ox"- Ok then.

and now this guy is meant to be "the right player?" who we've been waiting for and who klopp has been about?

Complete fuckin farce.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 1st September 2022 at 01:27 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I just looked at Bellingham's scoring ratio for Dortmund for an attacking midfielder its down right poor.. 4 goals in 65 app. (if thats correct according to wiki)
    Yea but he’s English - so his rating on these here shores is about 500 billion times higher than it should be

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    It should have been addressed as soon as our always unfit midfield all went off with long injuries .....again.....
    Yes it should. I am with you and Kev on this.

However, it wasn't - and we don't have time travel. There is little to be gained from "if it hadn't have been for....." - indeed, Northern Ireland politics can almost be summarised by that phrase and it's why progress has been incredibly slow.

Hence me being keen to see what solutions people had regarding today.

at least we're getting someone in, i can't judge him before he kicked a ball

it might be juve's worst decision and are best...... who knows

strange how they can loan him out though, doesn't strike me with confidence we're better than Juve.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    at least we're getting someone in, i can't judge him before he kicked a ball

it might be juve's worst decision and are best...... who knows

strange how they can loan him out though, doesn't strike me with confidence we're better than Juve.
    We can't. Let's give him a chance as you say.

As to loaning him out, even without Arthur they have Fagioli, Rabiot, Zakaria, Kostic, Miretti, Cuadrado, McKennie, Locatelli and Pogba that could all be classed as mids - with them likely to be less injury-prone than ours collectively.

By shifting Arthur out on loan each of those lads has a slight increase in their chances of getting minutes and we are probably paying them a small fee for the opportunity to bring him in.