Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: #fsgout

#fsgout

Enough is enough, thank you for what you've done, but it's time to go for your sake and liverpool football club.

which is my point, we are liverpool FUCKING football club, one of the biggest in the world, I will not accept being as skint as the likes of norwich and bournemouth.

A loan signing just takes the fucking piss.

Go and milk your redsox instead of our great, wonderful club

#yanksout
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Nice one Kev lad ... Personally I wouldn't be driving them out unless we have someone better lining up. This has always been the issue for me. They aren't so bad after all, and have done some good things since taking over, along with attempting some pretty dreadful ones too.

The issue really is one of passion. They just don't seem to have any. Not their fault, this isn't their sport, this is simply business.

We don't seem to have an Abramovic waiting in the wings just yet AND even if we did - he/she would be looking at blowing £5billion just to buy. That's one huge chunk of change.

No - they are here to stay for the foreseeable. This is why I don't like US based football club ownership. The sport (football) is the prey. There is so much more revenue to be generated. So many more avenues they can exhaust through sponsorships which gets linked back to their other franchises. Remember this is about building a raft of sports franchises across multiple fields, not just the one. Their own profile itself is massively projected by owning the only global sporting franchise they do. Liverpool FC.

Think of it as a Hedge fund for sports. The attraction of soccer clubs especially, and beyond the huge TV money is their global reach. The economy in Europe can bomb - so what.. Asia will still be booming..They will be buying shirts galore. Owning this great club was always the jewel in their crown, a huge step up in profile and a massive insurance policy like no other.

Personally I’d want them to know we are watching. Remember Henry and co are shit scared of inner revolt, they have made so much from us and stand to lose so much more if they are forced out. We need to be on them like a rash - Like SOS. Let them know that their lilly livered pursuit of book balancing over much needed action in the market must end. That Henry be made aware of the fact the WE know how much of a bonanza he is personally enjoying off the back of these franchises…especially His soccer club - and to pull his skinny arsed finger out.
    Last edited by Steveo; 1st September 2022 at 04:11 PM.

FSG have overseen the best, most trophy laden, feel good period in the last three decades.
    Mad to bin them for some unknown new wealthy owner..like Glazers, Hicks and Gillette, or Mike Ashley, or some vanity sports washing state ownership.

Klopp and his team.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    FSG have overseen the best, most trophy laden, feel good period in the last three decades.
    Mad to bin them for some unknown new wealthy owner..like Glazers, Hicks and Gillette, or Mike Ashley, or some vanity sports washing state ownership.
    Hmm to an extent yes..BUT comparisons are with our most barren spell almost 1/3 of which was on FSG’s watch. Almost 9 years under FSG before we took a major trophy, AND still have won less than United managed under the Glazers.

Fergie and Klopp skewing things hugely,

So I guess there are a few ways to look at these things.

They aren't perfect. The flaws are well-documented.

But having listened to the fans and eventually taken the decision to stay at Anfield was an absolute winner.

They then ended up having to spend around £114m for the redevelopment of the Main Stand. Apparently the stand itself cost around £75m so I presume the remaining costs meant there were complicated infrastructure issues like areas surrounding the ground - won't pretend to know the details.

Added to that we have ended up with a state-of-the-art £50m AXA training centre, designed with a lot of thought and care to that, as well as top-class facilities, there's a close proximity between youth/Academy lads and the first-team, helping those aspiring to have careers here to get constant inspiration to take the extra step.

The Anfield Road End is scheduled to be complete for the beginning of the 22/23 season at a cost of £80m. It will help us to generate an estimated £11m-per-year in additional revenue.

When FSG came in, we were pretty poor in the sponsorship department. Now however, we have a lot of sponsors and our revenue continues to improve as a result.

When FSG arrived, Anfield's capacity was 45,276 I believe. By next season it should be approximately 61,000.

Whilst certain aspects of how we are run can rub fans up the wrong way, there is a lot to be thankful for.

- Our owners aren't linked with State beheadings or other nefarious activity.
    - We didn't have to get a Generic Bowl of a stadium.
    - Anfield hasn't been named "the McDonald's Whopperdrome" to accrue further sponsorship money.
    - The owners don't saddle mass amounts of crippling debt onto the club to fuel further transfer activity.
    - The club pursues the elite in the sports science and Data Analytics World to supplement the excellent work of our Managerial and coaching staff.
    - We have dropped sponsors if they have shown themselves to do anything dodgy (*I remember one in particular, will aim to edit this in later*)
    - Recruitment is done intelligently. We would all like one extra transfer each Summer window as I think we can all agree that most Summers we feel one player short, but the business we do conduct has a high success rate.

Importantly too, they listen. FSG have made a few gaffs along the way - the ticket prices issue, the...*I forget the financial term right now, during Covid, will aim to edit later too*....but they have taken these knocks on the chin, said "okay, that can't be done, we're sorry" rather than pull a Mike Ashley and say "well, I'm doing this - whaddya gonna do about it?" with every ill-judged decision.

By all means highlight the flaws under the FSG regime. They do exist and nobody should be blind to them.

But when they do eventually leave, the Club's financial health, stadium, training facilities (and with a little luck, squad) are pretty likely to be in good shape.

I'm sure there are owners out there who are an even better all-round package than ours. But I doubt the list is very long.

So think carefully before ousting these ones. Blemishes and all, we haven't had it this good for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    They aren't perfect. The flaws are well-documented.

But having listened to the fans and eventually taken the decision to stay at Anfield was an absolute winner.

They then ended up having to spend around £114m for the redevelopment of the Main Stand. Apparently the stand itself cost around £75m so I presume the remaining costs meant there were complicated infrastructure issues like areas surrounding the ground - won't pretend to know the details.

Added to that we have ended up with a state-of-the-art £50m AXA training centre, designed with a lot of thought and care to that, as well as top-class facilities, there's a close proximity between youth/Academy lads and the first-team, helping those aspiring to have careers here to get constant inspiration to take the extra step.

The Anfield Road End is scheduled to be complete for the beginning of the 22/23 season at a cost of £80m. It will help us to generate an estimated £11m-per-year in additional revenue.

When FSG came in, we were pretty poor in the sponsorship department. Now however, we have a lot of sponsors and our revenue continues to improve as a result.

When FSG arrived, Anfield's capacity was 45,276 I believe. By next season it should be approximately 61,000.

Whilst certain aspects of how we are run can rub fans up the wrong way, there is a lot to be thankful for.

- Our owners aren't linked with State beheadings or other nefarious activity.
    - We didn't have to get a Generic Bowl of a stadium.
    - Anfield hasn't been named "the McDonald's Whopperdrome" to accrue further sponsorship money.
    - The owners don't saddle mass amounts of crippling debt onto the club to fuel further transfer activity.
    - The club pursues the elite in the sports science and Data Analytics World to supplement the excellent work of our Managerial and coaching staff.
    - We have dropped sponsors if they have shown themselves to do anything dodgy (*I remember one in particular, will aim to edit this in later*)
    - Recruitment is done intelligently. We would all like one extra transfer each Summer window as I think we can all agree that most Summers we feel one player short, but the business we do conduct has a high success rate.

Importantly too, they listen. FSG have made a few gaffs along the way - the ticket prices issue, the...*I forget the financial term right now, during Covid, will aim to edit later too*....but they have taken these knocks on the chin, said "okay, that can't be done, we're sorry" rather than pull a Mike Ashley and say "well, I'm doing this - whaddya gonna do about it?" with every ill-judged decision.

By all means highlight the flaws under the FSG regime. They do exist and nobody should be blind to them.

But when they do eventually leave, the Club's financial health, stadium, training facilities (and with a little luck, squad) are pretty likely to be in good shape.

I'm sure there are owners out there who are an even better all-round package than ours. But I doubt the list is very long.

So think carefully before ousting these ones. Blemishes and all, we haven't had it this good for quite some time.
    Good and fair points.

But they are owners of one of the top 3-5 most supported clubs in world football. So the money in because of this is huge. They are responsible but it is beginning to bother on stingy rather than prudent. applause for their efforts but they should also not be overpraised because we won 1 league title and 1 CL title. Because those before them messed up and them as well in the first few years doesnt mean they are gods. They are owners of one of the biggest clubs in world football who looks after itself because of the size of the supporter base. It just needs good stewardship. All the deals and sponsorships is not because they are the owners but because we are Liverpool.

Precisely.

Things are usually massively skewed to credit FSG.. They were a borderline laughing stock before klopp arrived and inherited that bang average sqaud.

There is a very pro American lobby on the Emerald Isle. It is in full effect on this forum. I should know my own father is one of them (though not in this forum). He thinks everything American is glorious.

Like all things it isn’t true. And in terms of owning football clubs - on an individual basis they (not FSG specifically) are perhaps the worst of all options. Not morally perhaps, (though feeding off the legacy of a club with roots in a distant community is hardly decent) but in the actual desire to win things. Strange how nobody wants to even discuss it. It's such an alien concept to some on these oh so pro US shores.

FSG taking credit for Jurgen’s brilliance is almost like doing the same for the Glazers at United while Fergie was there.

Slight difference is FSG bagged Klopp (and brilliant work too) but the managers are making up the shortfall.
    Last edited by Steveo; 2nd September 2022 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Precisely.

Things are usually massively skewed to credit FSG.. They were a borderline laughing stock before klopp arrived and inherited that bang average sqaud.

There is a very pro American lobby on the Emerald Isle. It is in full effect on this forum. I should know my own father is one of them (though not in this forum). He thinks everything American is glorious.

Like all things it isn’t true. And in terms of owning football clubs - on an individual basis they (not FSG specifically) are perhaps the worst of all options. Not morally perhaps, (though feeding off the legacy of a club with roots in a distant community is hardly decent) but in the actual desire to win things. Strange how nobody wants to even discuss it. It's such an alien concept to some on these oh so pro US shores.

FSG taking credit for Jurgen’s brilliance is almost like doing the same for the Glazers at United while Fergie was there.

Slight difference is FSG bagged Klopp (and brilliant work too) but the managers are making up the shortfall.
    I think Klopp is taking a slight dig at the owners recently. Just he is a proffesional and a great man. But he is not happy with the limitations. He understands the business model but it has come to an extend where he can see that there should be money to do something and yet we signed 4 youngster for about 80 with the hope of recouping in future. Jordan Ibe, Solanke, Nico Williams, Ryan Kent, Harry Wilson vibes. The Nunez signing fits the model of splash and appeases fans whilst it is actually a net spend purchase (Van Dijk + Allison = Coutinho vibe). If we had gotten Tchoumeni we might have seen Ox and Keita or a couple of others leaving to manage the wage bill and net spend. I am starting to not like the owners and I have been a vocal supporter over the years.

Yes - he has got to the point where he is looking at Henry and saying... IF not now... then when? At what point do I get to spend like I did to take us into the big league with VVD, Alisson and Fab without having to cut off a limb to pay for it?