Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: #fsgout

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yes - he has got to the point where he is looking at Henry and saying... IF not now... then when? At what point do I get to spend like I did to take us into the big league with VVD, Alisson and Fab without having to cut off a limb to pay for it?
    Agree all Managers want to be serial winners. After we won the league there was a chance to kick on and improve again on the squad but we didn't. Because it was covid and empty stadiums it looked justified as there was some lost revenues. However it is almost a certainty that if we didn't have covid that Mo and Mane would have been worth 100m each and we would have sold one of them, considering their age at the time... However cause of covid many teams were tight and this season we are seeing the spending again, yet we are being outspent by West Ham, yes their spending is reckless in my view but we should be able to spend 100m net every transfer window, just using CL money.

Where is the money of the CL runs going to? 3 finals in like 4 years + a QF that is about 250-350m we got from UEFA. So as one of the most successful CL teams in the last 5 years with Real and Chelsea we have net spend of 70-100 over that period if not less. Averging 20-30m per season. Ridiculous. Yes the stadium upgrade and AXA but alreadt the name of the training centre tells you that revenue is coming in from sponsorships. Liverpool is a cash cow. I am certain one of the reasons Salah got extension and why he also understood that he could get 350-500k was, he is the biggest sporting face in the arab world. Egypt alone has a popoulation of 80 million people, massive attention we getting from the ARAB world, so again we are one of the biggest pullers and yet our recent signings have been Minamino 4m, Ramsey & Carvalho, Arthur on loan, this rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yes - he has got to the point where he is looking at Henry and saying... IF not now... then when? At what point do I get to spend like I did to take us into the big league with VVD, Alisson and Fab without having to cut off a limb to pay for it?
    Coutinho's appendages laying on floor all covered in blood...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

I guess you have to be careful what you wish for.

Without knowing who would buy us it is hard to have a solid opinion on this.

I mean you had dipstick Utd fans basically sucking off Elon Musk ....now he is a very wealthy man but to my knowledge he isnt a footy fan same thing they slag Glazers off for !!

Given that we see the same critiques over and over, often strewn across half the threads on the forum, I wonder if a more interesting route of conversation on the subject might be something along the lines of "if you're #FSGOUT, what would it take for you to be #FSGIN?" or something along those lines.

For them to care for the club and not money?? The whole the european league thing was basically all about money. They wanted to save money by furloughing the staff.
    Show they aint really up to what it takes to run a club on emotional level. They've done some good things. Ie Staying at anfield and expanding the capacity and getting Klopp.
    Its the bean counting that pisses me off. Its not like we cant spend money and have a minor debt. everything has to be counted to the last cent.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

From what I see we've basically got 4 routes to go down from here:

Local ownership by a passionate fan, essentially the Moores/Robinson family type - Without even the 'investment' we have now we can basically watch City, Chelsea and Newcastle disappear over the hill. Moores gave up the 20 years ago cos he couldn't keep up.

We get bought by a Gulf State/China/Abramovic etc - We essentially become everything we despise in City / Chelsea / PSG etc.

We're bought by another FSG/Glazer/Hicks&Gillete esque company, one that spends more than they have, plunges us into massive debt and/or cons everyone into thinking they're the dogs bollocks. And we end up in real trouble when the shit hits the fan...

It could be worse...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    For them to care for the club and not money?? The whole the european league thing was basically all about money. They wanted to save money by furloughing the staff.
    The European Super League and Furloughing weren't unique to them to be fair, but I take your point.

Your passion and care is admirable, but when it comes to owners "caring" about the club, it isn't an easy one to quantify. Most owners will "care" about their business and most owners won't be childhood supporters of the team they bought. I guess I was looking for tangible/practical "if they did this" kind of things.

So for example's sake if someone said -

- "if we'd had a net spend of £100m I'd be happy, as it would show we are willing to invest" or....
    - "if we had acquired a £60m midfielder this window aged 23-26 who looks set to be brilliant I'd be content" or....
    - "if the owners pulled the plug and paid off Ox and Keita's contracts so we could bring someone in rather than waste wages on the treatment table lads, I'd be happy enough"

...as a few examples. The FSG criticism is all that much louder when our results are indifferent, this part of me feels this thread doesn't exist if we -

- didn't have an injury crisis.
    - beat Man United and Fulham.
    - were 1 point behind Man City rather than 5 or whatever it is.

...hence me trying to find people's parameters/thresholds for their stances on things at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Show they aint really up to what it takes to run a club on emotional level. They've done some good things. Ie Staying at anfield and expanding the capacity and getting Klopp.
    Its the bean counting that pisses me off. Its not like we cant spend money and have a minor debt. everything has to be counted to the last cent.
    Well i'm all for ESL myself it upset Sky so thats a plus, you have to earn your place is my only concern.

I saw how other smaller clubs reacted to us in Covid they too were all about the money as well and that is how it is for 99% of club.

ESL would put a stop to international BS in terms of playing when they want another reason im all in as long as there is no glamour friendlies in that window.

Furlough was wrong agreed but again they did nothing wrong we pay UK taxes....I didnt see media kicking off about Starbucks who make way more.

FSG to be fair did think FFP would kick in but they've found out wealthy state countries can bribe UEFA/FIFA to make that go away.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    From what I see we've basically got 4 routes to go down from here:

Local ownership by a passionate fan, essentially the Moores/Robinson family type - Without even the 'investment' we have now we can basically watch City, Chelsea and Newcastle disappear over the hill. Moores gave up the 20 years ago cos he couldn't keep up.

We get bought by a Gulf State/China/Abramovic etc - We essentially become everything we despise in City / Chelsea / PSG etc.

We're bought by another FSG/Glazer/Hicks&Gillete esque company, one that spends more than they have, plunges us into massive debt and/or cons everyone into thinking they're the dogs bollocks. And we end up in real trouble when the shit hits the fan...

It could be worse...
    Fair points...

Has to be said though "everything we despise' - is manly because they outspend us massively - we feel the same about United yet they do it differently..

Had this club been sold to Mansour instead of Hicks and Gillett I wonder how many in here would be screaming..

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Well i'm all for ESL myself it upset Sky so thats a plus, you have to earn your place is my only concern.

I saw how other smaller clubs reacted to us in Covid they too were all about the money as well and that is how it is for 99% of club.

ESL would put a stop to international BS in terms of playing when they want another reason im all in as long as there is no glamour friendlies in that window.

Furlough was wrong agreed but again they did nothing wrong we pay UK taxes....I didnt see media kicking off about Starbucks who make way more.

FSG to be fair did think FFP would kick in but they've found out wealthy state countries can bribe UEFA/FIFA to make that go away.
    Seriously you can't be advocating the ESL surely?. The ESL is the end. A closed shop US styled cash cow..The end of football as we know it. The sport for profits sake... Sadly It will 100% happen. Over 50% US ownership of the Premier means it is only a matter of time.

Last edited by Steveo; 2nd September 2022 at 01:46 PM.