Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: #fsgout

Quote Originally Posted by Kop On Portugal View Post
    Meanwhile according to the article on Echo, Liverpool FC will have a club Pre tax profit of around 76M but we can't sign a midfield (only on loan) or we can't expand a lot more Anfield...
    https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...henry-24688902

Times are hard for the owners kop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kop On Portugal View Post
    Meanwhile according to the article on Echo, Liverpool FC will have a club Pre tax profit of around 76M but we can't sign a midfield (only on loan) or we can't expand a lot more Anfield...
    Expanding Anfield further is a bit more complex than simply having money, to be fair.

A lot of logistical stuff and red tape.

True Sid and it's a crying shame Liverpool City council STILL hasn't sorted a viable rail link even remotely close to the home of the nations most successful side.

It's disgrace to be honest - to think that it's 2022 and fans have to walk at least a mile and half (2.4 Kilometres) to the nearest train station. Nuts.. We need bigger than 61,000.. The ST list is longer than the walk from the ground to bloody Kirkdale!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    True Sid and it's a crying shame Liverpool City council STILL hasn't sorted a viable rail link even remotely close to the home of the nations most successful side.

It's disgrace to be honest - to think that it's 2022 and fans have to walk at least a mile and half (2.4 Kilometres) to the nearest train station. Nuts.. We need bigger than 61,000.. The ST list is longer than the walk from the ground to bloody Kirkdale!
    The rush to get to the train station on a European night. Chaos
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

We need bigger than 61,000..
    New ground?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

No no... but we need more than 2 stands doing.. I know we are all excited about the new Anfield road end coming (long overdue btw) but it won't exactly get us close to United's capacity. Will barely dent the season ticket waiting list.

They need to do a mirror of the New Main Stand (in place of the Centernary/SKD) and then create a decent link to the kop.

I would then look into making the Kop bigger. They could cantilever out over Walton Breck... And Idea I have dreamed of for more than 20 year!

I hope some of this is in the long term plan.

This is only a rough idea in this video... but DO it.. at least try and give the best fans in the world a stadium befitting this great club. !!
    Last edited by Steveo; 6th September 2022 at 03:53 PM.

I mean IF we take the red specs off and actually look at it - the actual design post new Anfield Road stand... It's a munter! This is considered to be the best promo aerial shot... The best..!

Ian is in construction.., I imagine he wouldn't put his name to a building with this lack of cohesion.

[IMG][[/IMG]
    Last edited by Steveo; 6th September 2022 at 03:56 PM.

No no... but we need more than 2 stands doing.
    Not even sure it's possible. This from a 2021 article -

"For Liverpool, the biggest problem would be not only in obtaining planning permission, but also securing the land for any additional redevelopment.

Outside of the Sir Kenny Dalglish Stand – formerly the Centenary Stand – runs Skerries Road, which is lined with terraced housing, while the Kop backs onto Walton Breck Road, which is an A road and, unlike Anfield Road, cannot be rerouted.

On Walton Breck Road stands Christ Church and pubs The Park and The Albert, along with occupied housing.

There is, therefore, no room to expand the Sir Kenny Dalglish Stand as Liverpool did with the Main Stand, when three rows of houses were purchased and demolished, nor is there the possibility of rerouting the road outside the Kop as was the case with the Anfield Road end."

I think there's to be a new high street on Walton Breck Road which I imagine would be a massive hurdle as well.

Anything is possible with the will to do it.