Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Arthur Melo

I have no idea who he is. But I trust our recruitment team. Bit wary on the injury history but ……let’s trust.

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    I have no idea who he is. But I trust our recruitment team. Bit wary on the injury history but ……let’s trust.
    He’s had two injuries of note - nothing as bad as Van Dijk, Henderson, Thiago, Elliot, Matip, Gomez, Jones or Ox have had. So hopefully that won’t be the main story for him this season

Let's hope he works out better than the others we signed after Gini and he has a very fruitful and productive loan spell

Plus note on the analysis posted by Southern is he is apparently good at driving the ball forward through midfield, something we've missed from Gini leaving
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I'm sure hes already better than Fabinho and hes not kicked a ball for us yet
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I'm sure hes already better than Fabinho and hes not kicked a ball for us yet
    Lol. But what if someone says he is better than Henderson. Then he will have encyclopedias written about how crap he is. Post count will be 10000 of repetitive crap essays

We have signed a good player whose career has gone of the boil. He will settle in well caise of the Brazolian contingent as well as Thiago. He is a body so it will help the depth of the squad.

Good reports there so looking forward to seeing him play, concerns over fitness obviously as our own track record isn't exactly great right now.
    Fingers crossed he brings a bit of much needed quality.

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    The best bit is he is low risk.

If the loan doesn't work, off he goes next Summer.

If he is a revelation, we can buy him for a price that, in the current market, is hardly awful.

Many players over the years have been written off by a Club or not worked in one set-up whilst thriving in another. Two of them are two of the Premier League's best players - De Bruyne and Salah both didn't get the chance/time at Chelsea.

He is now another body in a long list of midfielders at the Club. If he can ease the burden on lads like Henderson and Thiago a bit, brilliant. Even 15 starts in all comps and some sub appearances (not a massive return) would help take some pressure off other players so I'm delighted he's here.

Much better than buying Douglas Luiz for £40m for example.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Lol. But what if someone says he is better than Henderson. Then he will have encyclopedias written about how crap he is. Post count will be 10000 of repetitive crap essays
    haha but what is henderson actually good at besides shouting? Dude gets the ball and takes 700 touches before making a usually bad forward pass. Otherwise its sideways like Fab. I dont think he can run with the ball and pass properly.

Granted, he ran around alot more (which we now need) a few yrs and injuries ago.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    haha but what is henderson actually good at besides shouting? Dude gets the ball and takes 700 touches before making a usually bad forward pass. Otherwise its sideways like Fab. I dont think he can run with the ball and pass properly.

Granted, he ran around alot more (which we now need) a few yrs and injuries ago.
    lol it is a tongue in cheek to a tongue in cheek post, I know who or what the poster is referring to so i was just adding my 19 cents. lol.