Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Arthur Melo

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    haha but what is henderson actually good at besides shouting? Dude gets the ball and takes 700 touches before making a usually bad forward pass. Otherwise its sideways like Fab. I dont think he can run with the ball and pass properly.

Granted, he ran around alot more (which we now need) a few yrs and injuries ago.
    Let's hope he has even half Henderson's ability to make the play for our team and release our forwards and full backs with passing that makes goals, for all his superior technique and bravado Thiago certainly hasn't shown anything like this yet

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Neil Jones
    @neiljonesgoal
    ·
    47m
    Jurgen Klopp on Liverpool's signing of @arthurhromelo

"Really happy about his transfer. My information is that [clearance] will not happen until tomorrow [so won't play v Everton]. Really good footballer. Good passer, gives rhythm, safe on the ball, good in tight areas."

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Neil Jones
    @neiljonesgoal
    ·
    47m
    Jurgen Klopp on Liverpool's signing of @arthurhromelo

"Really happy about his transfer. My information is that [clearance] will not happen until tomorrow [so won't play v Everton]. Really good footballer. Good passer, gives rhythm, safe on the ball, good in tight areas."
    Did somebody say Nuri Sahin

I hope we can get 25 to 30 appearances from this guy to plug the injury gaps. No doubt he did have talent but hasn't gone well at Juve.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Does anyone here know is he fit to go into the squad against Everton?

Oh, and is he any good!!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Oh, and is he any good!!
    Won't be cleared for the Derby but he is super footballer when fit !

He won't suit LFC way, he slow down the football, playing sideway backway, holding ball for nothing. Barca is a possession team, but fans criticized him for keeping the ball to long.

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    He won't suit LFC way, he slow down the football, playing sideway backway, holding ball for nothing. Barca is a possession team, but fans criticized him for keeping the ball to long.
    If he is press-resistant and holds the ball well, we will have uses for him.

I can live with a counter-attack breaking down here and there if he buys Henderson/Thiago/Fabinho opportunities for rest+rotation.

Besides, lads who are good at retaining possession are useful for the last 20 minutes of matches where we are defending a lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    19x likes this.

I've got a song for him.......
    To the tune of mellow yellow.
    "They call him Arty Melo, plays great".
    That's all I could think of. Hold the Ivor Novello award until I've got another verse.