Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 242728293031323334

Thread: Match Thread: Everton v Liverpool

Yeah red, but it's the Merseyside derby man, you can do whatever and it's a yellow.
    Fly into vvd knees, or thiago and all good.
    Someone went studs first into Nunez, was that even a yellow?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    In a neutral view, take off your rose tinted goggles

Should VVD have been sent off yesterday ?
    No. Everything looks bad in slow motion and freeze frame. But in normal speed it is a yellow. But if he got sent off it would also have been ghe right decision. Not every footballing decision is clear. So I would have supported the ref either way.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    Yeah red, but it's the Merseyside derby man, you can do whatever and it's a yellow.
    Fly into vvd knees, or thiago and all good.
    Someone went studs first into Nunez, was that even a yellow?
    Think that was Tarkowski and I don't think even a foul was called when it really should have been a yellow at least

VVD wasn't a red. The commentators explained about "final pressure." The rules are so complicated now
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

No its a mans game unless your name is Mendy 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Don't think anyone is happy about the regression at all.

I think what folks do recognise is that teams have "cycles" - we saw Fergie build and subsequently rebuild sides at Man United.

Generally (until Chelsea came along) they could manage it and still win League titles as they had the ability to financially crush all opposition AND winning the League needed a lower points tally.

It didn't show in Europe mind - Klopp's two unfortunate results against Real Madrid away from having guided Liverpool to as many European Cups as Man United have in their whole history for example.

We're currently building Klopp's second team - without a massive edge over our rivals. Hiccups can definitely be expected I think.
    I really hope you are right.....but it just feels like we had an opportunity and didn't capitalise.....what fergie did rebuilding the team was a long time ago....My fear is because the cycles turn round so quickly rebuilding isn't an option ...and teams like city that keep topping up the talent pool are setting the new standard.

If City had a similar injury list to us what would their bench look like?

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    I really hope you are right.....but it just feels like we had an opportunity and didn't capitalise.....what fergie did rebuilding the team was a long time ago....My fear is because the cycles turn round so quickly rebuilding isn't an option ...and teams like city that keep topping up the talent pool are setting the new standard.

If City had a similar injury list to us what would their bench look like?
    I think City are less likely to suffer such a repeat crisis sadly. The way they play is less taxing (more technical game) and with that huge squad they can rotate and test much more.

With similar injuries it’s a good question on their bench. Not entirely sure but imagine it’s miles more intimidating
    Last edited by Steveo; 4th September 2022 at 07:24 PM.

Thought Everton were really up for that from the off and were unlucky on occasion, we got better and ultimately you have to put the 0-0 down to some brilliant goalkeeping rather than missed chances, and most of that brilliant goalkeeping came from Pickford. A super display!