Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: At last! VAR being questioned.

At last! VAR being questioned.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62783142

VAR is being questioned in the media. At last!
    Do we think it will make any difference?
    Do we F........
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

what happened to clear and obvious and in attackers favour ?

More like big club favour we've had a bit of luck ourselves lately
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Yesterday up there as one the worst.
    Its arrogance at this stage, refferes look at the payers with such contempt when they even speak to them.

The use should not be under attack. The people should. These are the refs. Oliver made a call was asked to view it and then stood by his decision. That was brilliant and exactly why the technology should be used. The guy in the control room should not ref the ref.

Overall the referees in England are shite. So the problem is that. It has got nothing to do with clear and obvious, setting the bar high or low. These minerals can't think. It would help if we hear the deliberation like in rugby. But it must be clear that it us still the on fields call.

I am against it not being used cause under general football is alot fairer, decisions are always going to be debated. But by and large VAR has helped where the human eye missed it. Like Coady offside goal yesterday.

The problem is the humans. Also Managers and pundits are hypocrites, all decisions yesterday the one whom it favored said it was right and the other it was wrong. So the debates are also tinted at times.

What must be discussed is the quality of refereeing not VAR.

Even at the time of the first replay Coady looked well offside. Did it really need to take so long to give the decision ?

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62783142

VAR is being questioned in the media. At last!
    Do we think it will make any difference?
    Do we F........
    Without VAR Manchester United score offside goals, Caroll gets away with a goal that crossed the line. Players legs get broken and no retrospective. Ghost penalties are given. VAR was needed is needed. Refs need to be held accountable if yhry not up to standard c

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Even at the time of the first replay Coady looked well offside. Did it really need to take so long to give the decision ?
    Well I heard once that sometimes the TV we watch live angle is not 100% correct or something like that. That is why at first it looks different etc. Similar either Diaz header last week at first it looked off but yhrn when the image with the lines came it was different

Well it’s not even sour grapes because in the last two games we have had two opposition goals ruled out but I hate it. Always have.

What we watch football for, most of us, is for that ecstatic moment when your team scores.
    VAR has taken that away, we now have to wait 5 minutes while the officials take centre stage and see how they can disallow the goal.
    The game has become a farce.

The on field officials now don’t know when to make a decision and when to leave it to VAR, that is causing constant confusion with officials not making decisions because of VAR but VAR not getting involved because it’s not a red card, penalty or a goal.

Offside is the biggest farce of the lot, the offside law was put there to prevent players staying way up the pitch …basically goal hanging, It was never brought in to ensure someone’s sleeve wasn’t beyond the last defender.

VAR has also not done anything for consistency, we see the slightest of contact given as a penalty one week, the next week no penalty for someone having their shirt pulled off and being hacked down from behind.

VAR imo has improved nothing but ruined plenty.

And as for the referees, VAR has just served to highlight just how absolutely woeful they are in this league, totally incompetent most of them.

Would be interesting to a see a complete in depth analysis , on decisions in favour of said team

Big clubs v smaller ones or well, top teams compared to lower positions.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 4th September 2022 at 01:17 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

I was going to open a thread myself on this. Mine was gonna be called how our officials are cheats..They can't hide it even the VAR decisions are suspect.
    I think we all agree on 50/50 calls are hard to decide on. But some calls a blind man can see. and theres no explanation other than the VAR person is bent
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century