Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boris's Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Loved In Rock when it first came out Redebreck, slightly disappointed with Machine Head, totally disillusioned with Deep Purple thereafter!

At his best he stood up against a rogue parliament and got brexit done.

At his usual he was an afficable persona, a bit of an idiot and bumbling.

At his worst he went "Build back better" and any hope was done.

Ironically taken out by a touchyfeely bumboy, as a homophobe and islamophobe having partaken in a gay activism poetry competition against Erdogan. Etc

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    At his best he stood up against a rogue parliament and got brexit done.

At his usual he was an afficable persona, a bit of an idiot and bumbling.

At his worst he went "Build back better" and any hope was done.

Ironically taken out by a touchyfeely bumboy, as a homophobe and islamophobe having partaken in a gay activism poetry competition against Erdogan. Etc
    Dear CCTV,
    Agree mostly but Brexit has yet to be done and fully realised and I think Boris was at his best in standing up for Ukraine. I think he will regret most deeply, and probably for always, for not being pm at this point in our history!

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Loved In Rock when it first came out Redebreck, slightly disappointed with Machine Head, totally disillusioned with Deep Purple thereafter!
    Do you have "Made In Japan"?
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Do you have "Made In Japan"?
    Original post
    Yep, 'my woman in tokyo' and all that! Didn't and still don't rate Redebreck.
    Edited post
    Sorry Redebreck, that song was from 'who do we think we are'
    No I don't have 'made in Japan' the live album. Still don't rate , 'space trucking' lasts about 20 minutes.
    Last album I liked from Deep Purple was I think a remastered 'Machine Head'!

Dear CCTV,
    Agree mostly but Brexit has yet to be done and fully realised and I think Boris was at his best in standing up for Ukraine. I think he will regret most deeply, and probably for always, for not being pm at this point in our history!
    Bojo was unlikely to turn down offers of war, he loves the pageantry and pomp of war.

Unsurprisingly the media, and media class, gave him lots of kudos for sending more and more arms to Ukraine so the German led EU, and Yank led Nato can control the black sea and fight Russia directly via a proxy war.
    The media were after him relentlessly otherwise

It's also not surprising that Ukraine is an issue with Biden in charge, it was under Obama that the operations in Ukraine began.
    After the Afghanistan withdrawal was botched in what seemed like a media drive to garner consent to go back in, you've got be bombing somewhere relentlessly with the mic.

For me it's appalling, lived with left wing hysteria under Trump as Hitler, no new wars, several peace deals and de-escalation of military hot zones.

It's quite disturbing, how people have been shaped to experience dissonance as pleasure.

The achievements Boris is most proud of were him reacting to stuff happening, not him having a vision and being pro-active about making stuff happen.

Stealing billions of tax payers money during a global pandemic

Lying through his teeth to get people to vote for Brexit

Almost managing to achieve all Tories ultimate Holy Grail of finally fully privatising the NHS, except for it falling apart by Biden beating Trump

Leaving an as yet to come to fruition legacy of disaster for numerous entities and regions who were hugely reliant on EU funding that he promised continued funding at the same level, including our scientific research that created Astra Zenika (spell) vaccine and play a part in many of our vital medical research breakthroughs, simply scandalous

One of the main reasons I was against leaving the EU was that we could categorically not trust Johnson and the Tories to continue to fund entities and regions with the EU funding they were receiving out of our money we paid in - THAT speaks volumes about Johnson and the Tories legacy, we could trust the EU they blamed for all the issues of Thatcher's policies of the 80's on more with our taxpayers money than we could the Tories
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

One of the main reasons I was against leaving the EU was that we could categorically not trust Johnson and the Tories to continue to fund entities and regions with the EU funding they were receiving out of our money we paid in - THAT speaks volumes about Johnson and the Tories legacy, we could trust the EU they blamed for all the issues of Thatcher's policies of the 80's on more with our taxpayers money than we could the Tories
    That's one of my big criticisms of Brexit - where has all of the money gone that the UK was promised would go directly into funding (for example) the NHS, farming, fishing, construction, housing etc. etc. etc.
    All (Tory) politicians are liars and cannot be trusted.

Original post
    Yep, 'my woman in tokyo' and all that! Didn't and still don't rate Redebreck.
    Edited post
    Sorry Redebreck, that song was from 'who do we think we are'
    No I don't have 'made in Japan' the live album. Still don't rate , 'space trucking' lasts about 20 minutes.
    Last album I liked from Deep Purple was I think a remastered 'Machine Head'!
    I too prefer "In Rock". I enjoy the short tracks on Made In Japan - Highway Star, Child in Time, Smoke on the Water.
    Not that keen on the other tracks on the album. In Rock was definitely their best album in my eyes.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief