Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Benevolent Tyson Fury

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Absolute shite performance from AJ. He's finished. 12 RDS against a guy who was working in a roofing factory 18 months ago.
    He said after the fight his next fight will be in the summer and believes he is ready for Fury as he called him out.
    In the crowd were heavyweights including Wilder,who i think he needs to face before spouting about Fury.I think Wilder would definitely finish him.

In today"s fight Franklin not only took and absorbed AJ's best shots and started to win his 3 rounds towards the end of the fight,when AJ should have been in total control.AJ should have been able to finish him,but couldn't.

AJ hit Franklin to the head after the end of the fight creating quite a melee,with cornermen etc getting involved.
    Last edited by fagin; 2nd April 2023 at 05:02 AM.

Joe Joyce would take him down too. He was so poor, the likes of Bunce were saying that wasn't the fight we wanted but maybe the fight he needed.
    He needed to make a statement and that wasn't it, not one heavyweight would be afraid of going in with him now. He never once wobbled Franklin who to be fair was game as f#&k but there's no doubt at all AJ should be wiping the floor with him.
    It's all about the money for him and Fury now. It's ruined the whole thing, there could have been some great match ups but both of them will have their mega fight at Wembley and sail off into the sunset with a squillion pounds each.
    Last edited by teesred; 2nd April 2023 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Joe Joyce would take him down too. He was so poor, the likes of Bunce were saying that wasn't the fight we wanted but maybe the fight he needed.
    He needed to make a statement and that wasn't it, not one heavyweight would be afraid of going in with him now. He never once wobbled Franklin who to be fair was game as f#&k but there's no doubt at all AJ should be wiping the floor with him.
    It's all about the money for him and Fury now. It's ruined the whole thing, there could have been some great match ups but both of them will have their mega fight at Wembley and sail off into the sunset with a squillion pounds each.
    Good analysis mate,I think your right about all the other heavyweights lack of fear of him.
    I don't see him ever winning another belt ,there's just too many really good hungry fighters out there.Not just Brits but the American contingent is packed with top fighters as well.
    Think AJ will be become just another in the long line,wanting another shot at a title,but in his case i don't think he has any pull to get the shot.
    Last edited by fagin; 2nd April 2023 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Good analysis mate,I think your right about all the other heavyweights lack of fear of him.
    I don't see him ever winning another belt ,there's just too many really good hungry fighters out there.Not just Brits but the American contingent is packed with top fighters as well.
    Think AJ will be become just another in the long line,wanting another shot at a title,but in his case i don't think he has any pull to get the shot.
    Aye I don't see him being a champion again. I hate saying that too because as you know I'm a fan of his but the fire has gone. He should have been reinvigorated on Saturday night and it was the total opposite.