Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 363940414243444546

Thread: Match Thread : Napoli v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We did win 5:0 in that game - and we were ruthless up top and United were shocking, that night and on many other occasions. They got beat 4:0 at home by Brentford. Would you choose Brentford’s midfield? Dasilva Norgaard and Jansen to fight City with?

Honestly dude nobody can cite one game as proof of anything.

What is clear from a decent amount of games is that playing Milner at this stage of his career alongside a young and inexperienced player like Elliott (who has been decent tbf) is asking for trouble, regardless of whether it’s Hendo or Fabinho tasked.
    Now on THAT (Elliott not being ready and more experience and a right foot at RCM being desperately needed) we can ALLLLL agree
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Now on THAT (Elliott not being ready and more experience and a right foot at RCM being desperately needed) we can ALLLLL agree
    Yes but we had a right foot at LCM in Gini/Thiago so what is difference ?

My view is we need a mobile player in CM to plug the gaps that is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yes but we had a right foot at LCM in Gini/Thiago so what is difference ?

My view is we need a mobile player in CM to plug the gaps that is the problem.
    I'd prefer Thiago at RCM where he played his best for us to date and used his passing more directly in 20/21

I'd prefer him at No6 ahead of Fab too, because he's more mobile, reads the game better, understands the positions he needs to take and when to stay put and when he can try and win it and is a miles better passer than Fab also

The issue with Elliott at RCM is he is useless in the press and counter press and at supporting Trent or covering him in defence and we have long used that midfielder as the more attacking one, every game Elliott has had loads of chances to put in a quality cross, to the far stick or low, or attempt a through ball, players have been well positioned, the runs have been there and he's had to check back onto his left every single time and the opportunity has been lost, it happened about 20 times last night alone, it's fucking pointless playing him there and making Mo and Trent play shit

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    He is, but the whole team are too
    That is true, but which players have fallen as far off the proverbial cliff ?

So far 3 errors leading directly to a goal from Fab, 1 v Newcastle, 1 v Palace and one last night

2 errors leading directly to a goal from Milner - throwing himself around instead of standing up and making a good angle for Alisson, you know, as our lads are drilled to defend, gave away a soft soft goal v the filthy and one last night handballing

Didn't see anyone mention the post match presser if someone did just disregard although thought it worth a mention.

Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool played a "bad game" in their 4-1 defeat to Napoli,but following Thomas Tuchel's sacking insists that he is confident that he has the owners backing.
    Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool owners are calm but will expect the manager to address slump.
    Last edited by fagin; 10th September 2022 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool owners are calm but will expect the manager to address slump.
    How does the manager address an incredible slump in the owners failing to invest the necessary finances in the squad exactly?

FSG's model of selling in order to buy and spending the bare minimum they can get away with simply isn't sustainable because we are competing against 2 clubs now who will invest very heavily in their squads and staff and 3 or 4 more whose owners will invest a damned site more of the clubs profits into their playing staff than FSG have ever done or seem prepared to

Their model has never been workable or sustainable, they have simply had a manager who has made a silk purse out of a sows ear for 7 years, but without the necessary investment in the playing, coaching, medical, sports science and technical staff being forthcoming, FSG's gravy train is going to come grinding to a halt very soon

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    How does the manager address an incredible slump in the owners failing to invest the necessary finances in the squad exactly?

FSG's model of selling in order to buy and spending the bare minimum they can get away with simply isn't sustainable because we are competing against 2 clubs now who will invest very heavily in their squads and staff and 3 or 4 more whose owners will invest a damned site more of the clubs profits into their playing staff than FSG have ever done or seem prepared to

Their model has never been workable or sustainable, they have simply had a manager who has made a silk purse out of a sows ear for 7 years, but without the necessary investment in the playing, coaching, medical, sports science and technical staff being forthcoming, FSG's gravy train is going to come grinding to a halt very soon
    I've criticised FSGs lack of investment this summer, for me a business and football failure.
    I've given the net spends of the top 6 clubs over recent seasons and since Klopp arrived.
    I can understand people's complaints.
    But the model works, its just been too little turnover and a little short on investment.
    We could have net spent big this summer and still be 6th below spurs 5th & chelsea 4th in net spend since Klopp arrived in the 15/16 season.

The selling to buy model is part of the game. Like we've invested heavily in Salah, yet should his top form return you can be sure we'd entertain a worthwhile offer next summer or thereafter.
    If anything there is a failure to sell, even at all, and this is impacting purchasing

Gini, Origi and Mane left for less than 40 million.
    Keita and Ox likely to leave for nowt now, rumours Keita wanted to be sold this summer emerging.
    Allegedly told he'd be let go if they'd sign a replacement.

For me the squad turnover has come to a bit of a grind. Needed sorting this summer, still needed now sadly.

As it stands Klopp needs to adapt with what he's got at his disposal though.

He's persisted with our more attacking right mid strategy in a 433, he's selected Elliot at RCM continuously.

Our squads weakness suggest 2 spots for Fab, Thiago and Hendo in our first 11 regularly. All fit.

Our squads strength suggests 4 spots for Bobby, Salah, Jota, Diaz & Nunez in our first 11 regularly. All fit.

Can't buy anyone else for a while now.