Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Wolves

Your team v Wolves

(EURRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!)

With the footballing week beginning with a 0-0 v Everton, Reds could be forgiven for feeling a little underwhelmed. Liverpool had entered the weekend 7 points off top spot and despite a frustrating result, finished the weekend 6 points off - an incremental reel-in.

A trip to Naples beckoned. Outside of the Madrid sides, it could be said that Napoli have been a bit of a bogey-team for Liverpool. Recent visits to their stadium in the Champion's League have proven difficult, as did a Europa League fixture early in the last decade, with us having failed to score in all 3 visits. Liverpool fans will have clamoured for a win due to recent results, but also accepting that this will likely be the toughest match in the group.

Unfortunately the trend continues and in the first half in particular we were on the receiving end of an absolute cluster-fucking - one which we seemed all too happy to provide lubricant for. We got our goal, but little else. We must be considerably better against Ajax and Rangers.

Now we return to the important business of trying to climb the table. After this game there will be 9 League games left before the reprieve of the World Cup.

........................Alisson

Gomez.......Matip.......Van Dijk.....Tsimikas

...................Fabinho........Thiago

.....Jota.............Arthur..........Diaz

........................Núñez.........

We have problems at present and it feels reminiscent of 09/10. Solutions must be found quickly.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Your midfield is the one i was going for. would stick with Salah. and play Nunez up front
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Glad we've got wolves and not a top team.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Tsimikas

Arthur Thiago Bajcetic

Salah Jota Diaz

Thiago showed Fab right up in his positioning and reading of the game and forward passing when he assumed his position at times after coming on tonight, just set the line 10 yards deeper, have all 3 of those mids who are all better than the others except Hendo with the ball sit more, make themselves available for passes, cover Trent and Tsimikas to go forward more and try and pick out our forwards runs and runs in behind

Long overdue giving Thiago a start at No6 and asking him to use his passing more directly to release players as he did in 2020-2021
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Trent is annoying the fuck out of me this season only we've no one else to replace him with I'd have him on the bench. I very much doubt we'll see Joe "the bombscare" Gomez for a while !!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Trent is annoying the fuck out of me this season only we've no one else to replace him with I'd have him on the bench. I very much doubt we'll see Joe "the bombscare" Gomez for a while !!
    He seems to be asked to push into midfield. Combined with a vvd who’s coasting and a Gomez who’s shit with a powder puff midfield, none of whom seem to be able to sense any danger or show any urgency to plug gaps and the high line is just killing us. Klopp needs to drop it pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Glad we've got wolves and not a top team.
    I'd snatch your hand off for a 1-0.

We are (somewhat miraculously it feels) just 6 points off top spot.

Do I think we are winning the League this season? Absolutely not - we look lethargic and disjointed.

But the longer we can stay (relatively) close to top spot, the more chance we have of entering the World Cup break (it will be a break for a number of our lads) in the Champion's League spots, which would keep the nerves of the fanbase settled.

We're going to need fans at Anfield to give these lads a lot of lifts throughout the season. As much as the lack of effort from some lads merits sighs and groans, it won't get results out of them.

Such a shame to see us taken apart this evening.

For those of you able to get to this game.

Please. Give it absolutely everything.

Had the radio on briefly this morning (5 live) and they touched on the idea of Klopp getting sacked. Fuck that.

Rafa got the boot at the end of 09/10 and what followed was very messy.

The fine percentages might be so important this season. Count down the games until the World Cup, where we can take stock as a lot of our lads won't go and some that do will barely play.

No matter how bad it feels after a result like that, a lot can change quickly in Football. We sit on 9 points. Man City (2nd) and Tottenham (3rd) are on 14 apiece.

That game could very well be drawn, leaving them both on 15. A win against Wolves in such circumstances would therefore take us to within 3 points of both sides and then you've 9 matches left before the World Cup. One more chalked off. Or indeed, if one of those sides should lose, we'd be just 2 points off one of Tottenham or Wolves.

By hook or by crook, we HAVE to win that game. We cannot allow the poisonous pundits and media the chance to bring our man down. To bring down a side that, despite current shortcomings, has given us so much. We were in Paris 104 days ago.

Not all of us are in a position to get to games. For those that can, please. Give. It. Everything.

Feels like anyone will beat us handily at the moment. Don't know how we're getting out of the rut and it could snowball.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurthers View Post
    Feels like anyone will beat us handily at the moment. Don't know how we're getting out of the rut and it could snowball.
    Too true. A break would help for some lads.

The international break isn't too far away. Three more games until then.

Wolves - Sat 10th - Anfield
    Ajax - Tue 13th - Anfield
    Chelsea - Sun 18th

Then we don't play again (correct me if I'm wrong) until October 1st.

Winning the Wolves game would be massive. We aren't going to magically become better, but if we can grind out a win there we'll get a little lift which may help in the 2 games to follow.