Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I think it will be on so everyone can pay their respects by giving a minutes silence at all the game, followed by chants of "The Queen is dead, long live the King"
    No chance it will be off Nineteen.

Not that I agree with it but my first thought was no footy/sport this weekend in England.

RIP

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Shame to postpone this weekend's matches just as we were getting some momentum

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Shame to postpone this weekend's matches just as we were getting some momentum
    Can we really afford to, with the schedule so tight because of mid season World Cup? I think it would be more respectful to play all the games and have a minutes silence at every game
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

just friday at the moment??

I don't see why, I don't think the ex-queen would be bothered if it went ahead or not...
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Can we really afford to, with the schedule so tight because of mid season World Cup? I think it would be more respectful to play all the games and have a minutes silence at every game
    I think they will call them off as she was your head of state, the horse racing is off tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    (EURRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!)

With the footballing week beginning with a 0-0 v Everton, Reds could be forgiven for feeling a little underwhelmed. Liverpool had entered the weekend 7 points off top spot and despite a frustrating result, finished the weekend 6 points off - an incremental reel-in.

A trip to Naples beckoned. Outside of the Madrid sides, it could be said that Napoli have been a bit of a bogey-team for Liverpool. Recent visits to their stadium in the Champion's League have proven difficult, as did a Europa League fixture early in the last decade, with us having failed to score in all 3 visits. Liverpool fans will have clamoured for a win due to recent results, but also accepting that this will likely be the toughest match in the group.

Unfortunately the trend continues and in the first half in particular we were on the receiving end of an absolute cluster-fucking - one which we seemed all too happy to provide lubricant for. We got our goal, but little else. We must be considerably better against Ajax and Rangers.

Now we return to the important business of trying to climb the table. After this game there will be 9 League games left before the reprieve of the World Cup.

........................Alisson

Gomez.......Matip.......Van Dijk.....Tsimikas

...................Fabinho........Thiago

.....Jota.............Arthur..........Diaz

........................Núñez.........

We have problems at present and it feels reminiscent of 09/10. Solutions must be found quickly.
    Good line up. Is Arthur or thiago better closer to the attack? Perhaps they can swap on the fly.

I'd just swap Diaz for salah simply because he's looking tired and he's our best attacking player from the end of last season and contributes defensively like mane did.
    Bring him on to replace jota/salah later on.

Quote Originally Posted by trueandred View Post
    I think they will call them off as she was your head of state, the horse racing is off tomorrow.
    It will be called off.

The issue is fans have paid for travel hotel tickets holiday at work no respect for them.

Also lower league clubs gsmes will be changed to midweek which will cause them all financial issues.

Of course all normal workplaces nothing changes just sport.

It sounds heartless but do people really want to watch 24/7 daily media being sad the country is already in a state as it is.

It might even be off next week too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurthers View Post
    RIP Queen Elizabeth II.

I think this game will be off.
    It'll likely be rescheduled for next year too I'd think what with an already cramped schedule for the World Cup.

What about boxing events and the like? Not easy to reschedule those things.