Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Wolves

I’d rather play Chelsea before Potter has time for too many training sessions with them.

But then, maybe a few midfield crocs will have time to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I’d rather play Chelsea before Potter has time for too many training sessions with them.

Yeah good point.

Its looking likely next week is off too.

First reaction to the cancellation is disappointment of course. But then I was thinking there is a big upside that Jurgen can spend time on the training ground instead of play, recover, play, recover and so on. This is especially good if he is thinking of tweeking his system, some pundits thinking we might go three at the back ans use Trent and Robbo as wing backs, for example. But you can't just change it. You've got to actually work on the shape.
    If the funeral is next weekend then i could see the Chelsea game being cancelled too.

Also a minutes silence at Anfield for the Queen might be awkward given the booing of the national anthem at wembley and the uproar it caused in some areas of the media.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Also a minutes silence at Anfield for the Queen might be awkward given the booing of the national anthem at wembley and the uproar it caused in some areas of the media.
    I don't think that would happen. There's booing an anthem and then just being a full cunt and disrespecting the death of someone. Football tribalism should get put aside when it's life.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post

Very good - 'me old china'..

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    First reaction to the cancellation is disappointment of course. But then I was thinking there is a big upside that Jurgen can spend time on the training ground instead of play, recover, play, recover and so on
    He damned well needs to spend some time on the training pitch

To get the press and counter press organised and functioning again

To get the runs in behind and other movement of our forwards such as Diaz (very good with his head) making the outside in runs Mane used to when Trent, Mo or Hendo are receiving the ball in a position to cross or in a good position to cross, and between him and the players themselves organise 'triggers' that initiate certain movements

For example, Mo or Diaz coming short, and the full back following them all the way as has become normal should be the trigger for Nunez, Jota or Bobby to make a run across the line looking to be released in behind the full back who has followed our player

There are loads of things he has to work on, putting back everything he threw out with the baby and the bath water in 20-21 when we had no Cbs and seemingly forgot to put back in place when we had ones who let us play the way we did when most successful again

Not popular I know, and there are other elements at play, but there has definitely been elements of complacency and marvelling in their own magnificence from too many in our entire set up post winning the league that's in part responsible for what we're seeing now

Nunez needs reminding his move to Liverpool is where the hardest of hard work starts, it's not a time to get on his own dick thinking he's made it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I think next weeks game at Chelsea will be off too.
    Pathetic, how is this going to be scheduled in?
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

I know it’s only a game and some things are much bigger but imagine all our games went ahead this weekend.

Black armbands, silences observed, national anthem, Royal band playing etc to the millions around the world watching ?

Isn’t that a better send off ?

^^^^crouch on twitter

Oh and the cricket is going ahead! good decision

can't ever see the queen wanting all the football to stop, can you?
    Last edited by Kev0909; 9th September 2022 at 02:06 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Pathetic, how is this going to be scheduled in?
    Going to be a problem isnt it.

Cricket they dont know if its going to be day 2 or 3 tomorrow yet complete shambles.

All we need now Kev is no beer available 😡