Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: RiP Queen Elizabeth II

Wether you were a fan or not, she was a mother, grandmother and great grandmother . Social media brings out the worst in people

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Why is it scary?
    Because I scare easily. and these seem like dark times

Admired and Loved, a one of a kind life story.

I remember my younger brother waking up the house as cartoon network was broken when Diana died. Just the breaking news taper running on the screen.

I was in Dublin when the Queen visited Ireland for the first time, crazy security measures put in place. Manholes sealed shut, soldiers all over the motorway, helicopters used to drown out a few hundred protestors as she visited the garden of remembrance, streets cordoned tight to the wall and black clad fellas with see through ear pieces everywhere. The city centre felt like a prison in a major lockdown with fencing everywhere.
    Overall the visit and subsequent trip up north deemed a right jolly success.

As an individual she seemed to embody an older Britain, a more refined and stiff upper lipped nature.
    Whilst presiding over a very new look Britian and an end of empire. An act of class to most with a public service life unheralded previously. A busy queen bee.

Obviously scandals arouse around the monarchy, marriage breakdowns & affairs, Diana tragedy/conspiracy, friends of Saville and Epstein.

I've given the above song as a farewell song.
    Bizarrely at a time where controversial songs are pro-monarchy songs more widely

"Orchestral versions of Rule, Britannia! and Land Of Hope And Glory will be performed at the Last Night Of The Proms, the BBC has confirmed.

It had been reported the songs could be dropped over concerns of associations with colonialism and slavery.

The pieces are usually sung but will be performed without lyrics this year, although they are expected to be back in full when the pandemic is over.

The concert is due to take place on 12 September but without an audience."
    https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-53895000

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Wether you were a fan or not, she was a mother, grandmother and great grandmother . Social media brings out the worst in people
    Royal family seems a bit of a shambles at the moment.
    Charles/Diana/Camilla.
    Prince Andrew.
    Princess Anne - divorced/remarried.
    Harry and Meghan.
    William and Kate seem to be the only stable ones, for now.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Royal family seems a bit of a shambles at the moment.
    Charles/Diana/Camilla.
    Prince Andrew.
    Princess Anne - divorced/remarried.
    Harry and Meghan.
    William and Kate seem to be the only stable ones, for now.
    A normal everyday family then (Hopefully with out the alleged pedophile ) !!

Does it make me a bad person if i'm not overly bothered? I Won't share my opinion on here incase I offend a certain someone for having a different opinion.

Times have changed, they should stop the monachry now in tribute.

Everyone dies, she was 96 noone can live forever, i personally can't feel much for someone i've never interacted with, whoever that may be, queen was just another lady who was famous to me, I don't buy into the whole "royalty" stuff.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I genuinely felt sad, she just seemed like a really nice person. Like my Grandparents, from a generation of decent,hardworking people who just "got on with it". The post war generation.
    This is exactly how I felt.

I couldnt give toss about any of the others and I'm certainly not a royalist but she always came across as being reasonably down to earth (considering).

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Does it make me a bad person if i'm not overly bothered? I Won't share my opinion on here incase I offend a certain someone for having a different opinion.

Everyone dies, she was 96 noone can live forever, i personally can't feel much for someone i've never interacted with, whoever that may be, queen was just another lady who was famous to me, I don't buy into the whole "royalty" stuff.
    And on the flip side, this is also how I feel...

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Because I scare easily. and these seem like dark times
    I meant without the Queen?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

Nope. I feel exactly the same.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"