Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101314151617181920

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Ajax

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    That's why I'm.saying it needs looking at. He doesn't look like a right sided mid.

On a side note.....
    Big Todd's all star game. Fuck off mate.
    Even Neville has weighed in on it, Klopp laughed at it. You can see why Tuchel was sacked and its nothing to do with his ability.
    I agree, He has only been in the game for a minute and he is already coming out with crass stuff like this. Doesn't understand the culture, the nature of the sport, the history of the clubs. An embarrassment. Does he think we are going to be cheering on a joint Liverpool Man utd team. FFS

Jota brought a more aggressive pressing approach to the forward line..midfield needs more athleticism

Re the pressing, one aspect we have lost it seems, is pressing while blocking the easy out ball, often not running the right lines/angles while closing down. That’s what made our pressing so good, alongside the fantastic coordination of it.

Needs work.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Re the pressing, one aspect we have lost it seems, is pressing while blocking the easy out ball, often not running the right lines/angles while closing down. That’s what made our pressing so good, alongside the fantastic coordination of it.

Needs work.
    It's been going backwards for a long time, that's why I've complained about it for a long time

At its peak, we were always defending while attacking and attacking while defending, our positioning was brilliant in every position, with every position making it easy for every other position/player, simple things, being close enough to a player to stop them being able to receive the ball and play out on the counter, while also being positioned to join the attack when you can be played in - We have a few players now who simply can't and I don't believe ever will be able to play the press and counter press to the required level and we need to get shot of them, because it's no good to us and they're no good to us, most of all, you can't play how we play at our best and have your No6 of all players be so absolutely fucking useless at it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I was too for their goal but if he's too far up then someone needs to be covering him. Like LEGS says it's the coaching that needs to be addressing it. It's become more noticeable since Eliott has been starting games.
    That's not meaning to have a pop at him like, I'm not entirely sure what his position really is.
    In the most basic and simple of terms, from a lifetime of watching the game and paying particular attention to the best DM's I've seen play the game, if you play an attacking right back, that opposition players get released in behind, your RCB (in our case) comes across and your DM drops in to become a CB and the same on the opposite side if they get released in behind or do your LB, it's just simple basic DM play, it's what the best DMs any of us have ever seen have been doing routinely for decades
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”