Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Brighton (...and what do you want next?)

Your team v Brighton (...and what do you want next?)

A lengthy international break (18 days?) will go in much quicker now that we have 3 points in the Champion's League. What an eruption for that Matip goal.

In terms of team selection this thread is honestly seriously, seriously premature - the fixture feels forever away - but I thought it might give us a chance to discuss what you want to see going forward - not just for Brighton - as a talking point during the international fixtures.

Week-on-week picking the best line-up? Trying to emulate the Liverpool of recent past? Trying to "reinvent" ourselves? If so, how?

6 points off top and 3 points in the Champion's League seems reasonable considering how the season has started.

......................Alisson

Trent.......Matip.......Van Dijk.....Tsimikas

.......................Fabinho

...............Arthur..........Thiago

Salah.............. Núñez...........Diaz

Much to reflect on. Hopefully Henderson, Robertson and Konate will be back, or very close.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I flatly refuse to select Trent, that performance was nowhere near the level required. When he jogged slowly in behind the jet heeled Daly Blind to give him a free header from 6 yards, I could have punched him in the face.
    Shocked at his lack of desire to defend, shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I flatly refuse to select Trent, that performance was nowhere near the level required. When he jogged slowly in behind the jet heeled Daly Blind to give him a free header from 6 yards, I could have punched him in the face.
    Shocked at his lack of desire to defend, shocked.
    I said on another thread, Trent's ego and arrogance are through the roof at the moment. You can see it in the way he carries himself. It is affecting his game. He's dropped down a gear mentally.

As for the Brighton game, I have no idea who will be available. How many injuries we'll pick up etc.

I think this team can do with a break. Who's on international duty?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    I think this team can do with a break. Who's on international duty?
    Off the top of my head, trying to think about who ISN'T as we have a lot of good players.

Henderson injured.
    Robertson injured.
    Konate injured.
    Ramsey injured.
    Matip retired at international level.
    Ox injured.
    Jones injured.
    Elliott - doubt he plays?
    Gomez - doubt he plays?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    A lengthy international break (18 days?) will go in much quicker now that we have 3 points in the Champion's League. What an eruption for that Matip goal.

In terms of team selection this thread is honestly seriously, seriously premature - the fixture feels forever away - but I thought it might give us a chance to discuss what you want to see going forward - not just for Brighton - as a talking point during the international fixtures.

Week-on-week picking the best line-up? Trying to emulate the Liverpool of recent past? Trying to "reinvent" ourselves? If so, how?

6 points off top and 3 points in the Champion's League seems reasonable considering how the season has started.

......................Alisson

Trent.......Matip.......Van Dijk.....Tsimikas

.......................Fabinho

...............Arthur..........Thiago

Salah.............. Núñez...........Diaz

Much to reflect on. Hopefully Henderson, Robertson and Konate will be back, or very close.
    Really think it'd be worth trying Trent as winger or right mid. Free him of defensive responsibilities. Play Gomez there. He could be another great attacking option for us as Salah isn't producing much. Not sure how front players would line up though.

Alisson
    Gomez/Trent Matip VVD Tsimi
    Salah Thiago Fab Diaz
    Nunez Jota

Subs: Adrian Philips Trent Milner
    Melo Bajcetic Elliot Firmino Carvalho

Harsh on Firmino but looking for some basics and a 244 press.

Konate, Hendo & Robbo all possibly back for this game.

Same as the last day really for me.
    Thought Trent was much improved coming from a bad place.
    Elliot by a first team standard had too many faults and really struggled. Not fair at this stage to keep playing him as I see it.

Alisson
    Thiago Fab Diaz
    Salah Nunez Jota

In Klopps 433 for 19

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Tsimikas

Thiago Fabinho Arthur/Elliott

Salah Jota Diaz

I refuse to join the bash Trent bandwagon, we didn't have these persistent issues last season, playing Elliott at RCM remains the issue, there were 3 players jogging back for Ajax's goal, the nearest to the player when he was released was Elliott, then it's Trent and Fab, it's why I would like to see Thiago at RCM, think it needs an experienced seasoned midfielder with good pressing and counter pressing, reading of the game, positional sense and a right foot, Thiago or Hendo when fit at RCM to support Trent and Mo
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Who ever plays. we owe them one for taking points of us last season at home.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Alisson
    Salah Thiago Fab Diaz
    Nunez Jota

Subs: Adrian Philips Trent Milner
    Melo Bajcetic Elliot Firmino Carvalho

Harsh on Firmino but looking for some basics and a 244 press.

Konate, Hendo & Robbo all possibly back for this game.

Same as the last day really for me.
    Thought Trent was much improved coming from a bad place.
    Elliot by a first team standard had too many faults and really struggled. Not fair at this stage to keep playing him as I see it.
    Like this formation and selection. Firmino offers nothing defensively as a 10, he looks so soft lost his tenacity. Jota can be a hard working 10 also think those 4 can rotate out during the match or at least the 3 behind Nunez.