Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Brighton (...and what do you want next?)

Delighted as I am that we are getting a reprieve - and thus a chance to get lads back - I am conscious that Man City play Wolves this weekend, meaning we will likely be 8 points adrift of them by the time we play Brighton.

Still - can't have everything I suppose! We definitely needed something on the injury front and the timing of this extended break will probably suit us over the course of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Delighted as I am that we are getting a reprieve - and thus a chance to get lads back - I am conscious that Man City play Wolves this weekend, meaning we will likely be 8 points adrift of them by the time we play Brighton.

Still - can't have everything I suppose! We definitely needed something on the injury front and the timing of this extended break will probably suit us over the course of the season.
    It's also annoying that its them getting a leg up again ( Inadvertently) and they don't need anything else going in their favour as they have pretty much every advantage going including just being blatant cheats

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Like this formation and selection. Firmino offers nothing defensively as a 10, he looks so soft lost his tenacity. Jota can be a hard working 10 also think those 4 can rotate out during the match or at least the 3 behind Nunez.
    I think that's harsh on Bobby.
    He's struggled for minutes last year and this to a degree. But he's been more clinical since the start of last season.
    Goals/Assist per minute well improved.

He still does well enough across a host of stats relative to other attackers.
    https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/26/Show/England-Liverpool

I'd be looking to start 2 of Nunez, Jota and Bobby centrally. 2 9s, 2 9.5s, or a Nine & Ten.
    The other off the bench.

Diaz and Salah the wingers.
    Jota capable of covering lwf,
    Klopp uses him on the right too, he has 6 goals and an assist in 830 minutes for us playing rwf
    https://www.transfermarkt.com/diogo-jota/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/340950/plus/0?saison=&verein=31&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=12&train er_id=

Elliot & Carvalho both in line to see minutes on the wings over the season. Keita/Ox too in theory.....

Salah presently looks like he has finishing yips, he's providing 4 key passes a game & 2.8 shots a game for the PL season !!

Salahs always has been good for key passes, but he'd usually be higher on shots per game than key passes.
    Like 4 shots per game and 2 key passes or less a game.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I think that's harsh on Bobby.
    He's struggled for minutes last year and this to a degree. But he's been more clinical since the start of last season.
    Goals/Assist per minute well improved.
    I think we have been working on what Jurgen wants Nunez to do through 4 positions and with all our other forwards, because Bobby did all the things I was expecting us to use Nunez for in the Bournemouth game, false 9, lwfd, rfwd and 9
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I think we have been working on what Jurgen wants Nunez to do through 4 positions and with all our other forwards, because Bobby did all the things I was expecting us to use Nunez for in the Bournemouth game, false 9, lwfd, rfwd and 9
    I can see him operating in all those zones and defending corners
    Generally though I see him being a central attacker, in and around the box

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Alisson
    Gomez/Trent Matip VVD Tsimi
    Thiago Fab Diaz
    Salah Nunez Jota

In Klopps 433 for 19
    Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Tsimikas

Thiago Fabinho Arthur/Elliott

Salah Jota Diaz
    So why on earth are you benching him for Elliot or Arthur at Lcm/Lcam.

Diaz, Jota, Firmino and Carvalho all seem more deserving of a start to my eye than Elliot or Arthur on performances.

I'd argue any of them 3 plus Carvalho at lcm/lcam with Nunez at CF in a 433 is stronger.

I refuse to join the bash Trent bandwagon, we didn't have these persistent issues last season, playing Elliott at RCM remains the issue, there were 3 players jogging back for Ajax's goal, the nearest to the player when he was released was Elliott, then it's Trent and Fab, it's why I would like to see Thiago at RCM, think it needs an experienced seasoned midfielder with good pressing and counter pressing, reading of the game, positional sense and a right foot, Thiago or Hendo when fit at RCM to support Trent and Mo
    I thought Trent was much improved with many positive impacts and still was poor at times, Elliot had some positives but continues to struggle. But their goal....

This is true and Fab was a soft runner too, you've got him there.
    Elliot does let his man run off him also, but Trent can't let him run there too. Look at the pitch and what's on.

Iirc from watching it back, I see Salah pushing the likely pass down the line, slightly in field option on. Both seem covered,
    Elliot and Trent have their man, and let the same man run off, and passed both of them. Worse from TAA
    Matip kept his man and Fab was central also. Matip had to run out and cover the 2 boyos slack in the end.
    Fab could have run back better but likely to little avail in the end, a very tidy finish.

Alisson
    Gomez Matip VVD Tsimi
    Trent Thiago Fab Diaz
    Salah Nunez

Going to this one, can’t wait…‘Ave it!!!

Alisson
    Gomez Matip VVD Tsimikas
    Hendo Fab Thiago
    Salah Jota Diaz

Brighton have appointed a new manager,
    Roberto De Zerbi. He was with Shakhtar Donetsk up until July. Other than thst I know nothing about him. Hopefully they don't get that new manager bounce against us. We need a win with our next 2 league games being arsenal and man City.

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Tsimikas

Thiago Fabinho Hendinator

Salah Jota Diaz
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Brighton have appointed a new manager,
    Roberto De Zerbi. He was with Shakhtar Donetsk up until July. Other than thst I know nothing about him. Hopefully they don't get that new manager bounce against us. We need a win with our next 2 league games being arsenal and man City.
    I read an article a week or so ago,it said reason Brighton appointed him, was his style of football was the same or very similar to what the team was used to.
    - Good for us ? really not too sure.
    Last edited by fagin; 28th September 2022 at 08:16 PM.