Thread: Gennady Triple GGG vs Canelo Alvarez 3

Gennady Triple GGG vs Canelo Alvarez 3

These two great boxers meet for the Trilogy and what "records" they share between them.
    Anyone with a Boxing interest,this one should be a good fight from Las Vegas tonight.

Poor fight. Nothing gained from it really.
    I wonder if GGG carries on?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Poor fight. Nothing gained from it really.
    I wonder if GGG carries on?
    Have to agree,although it was at Super - Middleweight for Canelo's belts.
    Triple G still holds his World Middleweight belts,i think he'll drop back down in weight and defend his Middleweight belts.
    Even if he was to retire(don't believe he will) his record is one of the best at 43-2-1 with 37 KO's in World Boxing also having never been dropped to the canvas and his only 2 losses coming to Canelo Alvarez World Super Middleweight Champion who has held belts in 4 weight divisions.

Yeah it's unreal that he's never been dropped. Both are legends in my opinion. It's a shame it was a bit of an anti climax.
    Still good fights at middleweight for him.

Yeah it's unreal that he's never been dropped. Both are legends in my opinion. It's a shame it was a bit of an anti climax.
    Still good fights at middleweight for him.
    Not sure if you watched the whole fight,but even in the very early rounds his corner was asking him why he wasn't sticking to the game plan they had worked on.
    I'm not trying to make excuses, but i wondered where his mind was at and why he wasn't following the game plan as even at 40yrs old he changed his approach in the last 2/3 rounds and actually resembled something of his usual self.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Not sure if you watched the whole fight,but even in the very early rounds his corner was asking him why he wasn't sticking to the game plan they had worked on.
    I'm not trying to make excuses, but i wondered where his mind was at and why he wasn't following the game plan as even at 40yrs old he changed his approach in the last 2/3 rounds and actually resembled something of his usual self.
    Yeah I did notice that, they said "its time to go to work" I think? Maybe he just wanted to go for it late, confident he could withstand Canelo. He kind of did that but had given up too many rounds by then.
    He'll still take out anybody at middleweight. If Canelo can't put him down at super then none of the others in that division can.

Yeah I did notice that, they said "its time to go to work" I think? Maybe he just wanted to go for it late, confident he could withstand Canelo. He kind of did that but had given up too many rounds by then.
    He'll still take out anybody at middleweight. If Canelo can't put him down at super then none of the others in that division can.
    I see Eubanks Jr called him out after his defeat to Canelo,but i believe it came with respect also......least i would hope it did

I see Eubanks Jr called him out after his defeat to Canelo,but i believe it came with respect also......least i would hope it did
    Yeah he did. He has Connor Benn to negotiate first.
    Hes been calling for a shot at GGG for years, just like Charlo. Maybe they get their wish.

Yeah he did. He has Connor Benn to negotiate first.
    Hes been calling for a shot at GGG for years, just like Charlo. Maybe they get their wish.
    I hope they do because i will gladly follow the fights,he is one of my fav fighters and he'll defo put up a fight against them win or lose.
    I am glad you contribute to my posts because you seem to know your stuff,when i worked in the open pit mine years back in the Canadian Rockies as a H.D.Mechanic on the huge equipment it was 4days in and 4days out so i used to frequent Las Vegas for all the big fights back then incl,Hagler,Hearns,Leonard,Holmes and many many others,so i know you're a real boxing fan.

I even showed up at the after fight party of the Donny Lalonde/ Sugar Ray Leonard fight and bullshitted my way in,quite the night including full Roast Beef dinner and all drinks free
    Last edited by fagin; 20th September 2022 at 04:34 AM.

I hope they do because i will gladly follow the fights,he is one of my fav fighters and he'll defo put up a fight against them win or lose.
    I am glad you contribute to my posts because you seem to know your stuff,when i worked in the open pit mine years back in the Canadian Rockies as a H.D.Mechanic on the huge equipment it was 4days in and 4days out so i used to frequent Las Vegas for all the big fights back then incl,Hagler,Hearns,Leonard,Holmes and many many others,so i know you're a real boxing fan.

I even showed up at the after fight party of the Donny Lalonde/ Sugar Ray Leonard fight and bullshitted my way in,quite the night including full Roast Beef dinner and all drinks free
    Wow! Unreal man. That sounds like a cool night out.
    That was best era in boxing in my opinion, the fabulous four.
    Hearns is my favourite boxer. Too young to have ever seen him live but he's one of the first boxers I ever recall as a kid. The detroit cobra.
    I have a framed still pic of Hagler Hearns fight.

Its good to chat about boxing. Some good fights coming up. Parker Joyce at the weekend then in October Benn vs Eubank and Marshall vs Shields.