Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ref watch

You have to admire (not really) the officials how they are devious with an intent. So, Taylor was letting things go that's fine. But the last 20 minutes he was giving nonexistent free kicks left right and centre to City.
    They just play the system of look at us we are the good guys by pretending we will let the play go. until they don't that is.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I hope something is said about him. He's a cheating little prick. How is a Manchester based ref allowed to do that game? The league shouldn't put them in that position.

The linesman who didn't flag for the Silva foul on Mo needs a talking to aswell. Its ridiculous how he hasn't flagged for that and no wonder Klopp reacted the way he did.
    People can say "Liverpool fans moaning again" etc but it's not just a one off. No fan is going to be happy about that.
    Klopp spoke about Tierney last season, another blatantly biased little fuck. I can't recall if he's refereed any games since?

It’s incredible isn’t it. Not that the League will allow any media talk about it but as Jurgen has suggested… HOW can anyone justify no foul given for that? How do the Officials get a pass on answering that? Mo almost has his shirt pulled off as he is hauled to the deck… it’s right in front of the man tasked with officiating what happens in that half of the pitch!!

How, how, how?

And on the Manc ref. Well tees, I just do not understand how it’s EVER been allowed, but to think it’s STiLL happening in 2022, is frankly bonkers.

How a Manc can ref any game involving a team from Liverpool is beyond strange given the nature of the city rivalry, but to think a Manc ref in a game between a Liverpool side and a Manchester side.

It is a clear indication that the sport is bent

Justme/Steveo this is something we always say isnt it and as we win yesterday I cant be accused of sour grapes.

IT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN.

He is snide he never gives blatant decisions but its the 50/50 he gives and City have this habit of doing sneaky fouls first 60 mins....Fab does one and booked straight away.

Being fair it was a yellow to Fab but Rodri got away with at least two first half.

Might as well stick Micah Richards on as ref its that obvious.

If these lads are the best, good knows what the conference league have to put up with !!

By the way I agree the ref was a proper Snyde farker....but that's another reason why VAR works in my opinion....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63281933

BBC looking into ways for referees to be "protected" from abuse.
    FFS the first thing that needs to be done is for the officials to be accountable for their decisions on the field.
    Players/managers and fans are incensed at the inconsistencies and the officials having no accountability for making decisions that don't make sense.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    By the way I agree the ref was a proper Snyde farker....but that's another reason why VAR works in my opinion....
    VAR does work as you hardly see any really shocking howlers in CL and EL.

We have at best idiots working them or at worst bent officials.

I'm not changing my view something dodgy is going off.

Last week was comical NO LINES available at one of the best/modern grounds in the country come on hopefully we had words behind the scenes.

Refs make bad decisions and I understand that they see it once at 90mph with no replays this is where VAR "should" help them out.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63281933

BBC looking into ways for referees to be "protected" from abuse.
    FFS the first thing that needs to be done is for the officials to be accountable for their decisions on the field.
    Players/managers and fans are incensed at the inconsistencies and the officials having no accountability for making decisions that don't make sense.
    I imagine its not an easy job but neither is manager of PL clubs.

I think they should start with letting fans hear the dialogue between VAR and onfield ref.

That might go someway for fans and even players understanding decisions.

Im like a broken record with it cricket/rugby the decision is explained clearly and the players accept it.

What do we get ???? Its a pen and thats that.

Robbo red card but worse tackle from lispy nothing yeah not going to make managers rage is it.

Losing is fine as long as you know you havent been done over and at times it feels that way.

We do well in Europe FOUR finals under Klopp yet in the league we have fell short a few times and last year we got screwed West Ham/Spurs away big time then Rodri handball at Goodison.

Managers also have to speak to various media outlets after games when it can still be raw and they can lash out.....refs dont face none of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    How a Manc can ref any game involving a team from Liverpool is beyond strange given the nature of the city rivalry, but to think a Manc ref in a game between a Liverpool side and a Manchester side.

It is a clear indication that the sport is bent
    Manc ref's should not be allowed to officiate in any capacity in any game involving Manchester sides or that Manchester sides have a pertinent vested interest in the outcome of
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”