Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ref watch

I watched ref watch of Sky today, they are honestly trying to paint City as somehow being hard done by, because the ref was letting things go and then checked and said it was a foul after the goal

Dermott Gallagher was quick to point out they have to do that when a goal is scored and it is a foul and regardless of whether or not the ref was letting what he considered minor fouls go, it was less minor than it appeared on replay from the angle that showed the full extent, power of, the tug on Fabinho's shirt and it was ultimately a foul that directly led to a goal - Officials confirmed they also viewed Haaland's attempt to play the ball when Alisson had 2 hands on it as a foul

What's going on right now, with Sky especially and some other media, is having done precious little accurate coverage of 2 very deliberately bent decisions robbing us of 3 points v Arsenal, they are trying to paint a picture of City having been somehow a little hard done by and that we've somehow got away with something or been given something we shouldn't have been - I see these utter cunts coming a mile off every time

If Taylor was genuinely letting things go to let the game flow as claimed, WHY, did he blow up for fouls that weren't and yellow card worthy fouls when they were committed or supposed to have been committed by our players every time, but whenever it was a City player, he let it go?

Silva on Salah, Rodri on Salah straight through the back of him, Rodri deliberate handball to stop a counter etc etc etc, 3 very obvious yellow card offences right there
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63281933

BBC looking into ways for referees to be "protected" from abuse.
    FFS the first thing that needs to be done is for the officials to be accountable for their decisions on the field.
    Players/managers and fans are incensed at the inconsistencies and the officials having no accountability for making decisions that don't make sense.
    For the PL, pay refs about a quarter million more a year to increase competition for fulfilling their schedule, then when they perform poorly they get suspended from hosting games.
    PL football is massive big business with huge ramifications for clubs.

For kids, straight red card for any histrionics. You don't have to treat adults and children the same. Nobody goes bust in children's football for finishing 5th in the league.

Footballers, are held to a far higher standard than many other equivalent peers of this sort. Politicians, Music, Film, Celebrities in general.

Football fans are treated like working class scum with respect to var. Open up the var communication and provide an app, with code for those with tickets to the game so they can watch and listen on their phones.

Everyone loved that Italian baldy ref, he was more than capable of dealing with verbals off players and managers. If referees can't hack the pressure, they can leave. If they're not good enough, then someone else gets a chance.

To protect referees on the big stage, ban them from officiating on club games that involve their community.
    Select referees for games to remove claims of corruption and bias.

City play Arsenal, we need one club to win, no Liverpool refs. Get a fella from Stoke or wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Justme/Steveo this is something we always say isnt it and as we win yesterday I cant be accused of sour grapes.

IT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN.

He is snide he never gives blatant decisions but its the 50/50 he gives and City have this habit of doing sneaky fouls first 60 mins....Fab does one and booked straight away.

Being fair it was a yellow to Fab but Rodri got away with at least two first half.

Might as well stick Micah Richards on as ref its that obvious.
    Total mental, i hate them with a passion. they're just a deceitful bunch
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Justme/Steveo this is something we always say isnt it and as we win yesterday I cant be accused of sour grapes.

IT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN.

He is snide he never gives blatant decisions but its the 50/50 he gives and City have this habit of doing sneaky fouls first 60 mins....Fab does one and booked straight away.

Being fair it was a yellow to Fab but Rodri got away with at least two first half.

Might as well stick Micah Richards on as ref its that obvious.
    Rodri went straight through the back of Mo which was as clear a yellow card as you could witness AND deliberately handballed to stop a counter, another clear yellow, nothing doing -Silva tried to swap shirts with Mo early, nothing doing

SO yes, exactly that Legs, he let them make continuous fouls on the pretense of 'letting the game flow' but consistently stopped it when any of our lads made a foul and booked them for it if it was yellow or borderline yellow

So typically, our media having a hissy fit about SPurs having a goal correctly disallowed by European officials stringently employing the laws of the game when they say shit when PGMOL officials are corrupt and fail to apply the laws of the game whenever it suits their match fixing activities not to, especially in games involving us

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    So typically, our media having a hissy fit about SPurs having a goal correctly disallowed by European officials stringently employing the laws of the game when they say shit when PGMOL officials are corrupt and fail to apply the laws of the game whenever it suits their match fixing activities not to, especially in games involving us
    Antonio Conte now reportedly suggesting there is a conspiracy against Spurs.
    FFS, words fail me.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Obviously didn’t watch the game at the Etihad when Spurs knocked City out of the Champions League, on their way to the final.

Or even their game with us at WHL last season etc etc…

From my recollection Tottenham have actually been favoured a lot more than most clubs.

I see some group of refs are upset and the FA are investigating why Jurgen wasn't give a touchline ban. Could be that Klopp was right to be pissed off. cause the twatty officials are cheats?

I cannot subscribe to this bent officials malarky. You need to look at every single contentious issue with equal rationale for every club. It probably balances out.
    Refs make mistakes.
    There are too many people involved for such a conspiracy. Surely the truth of such a conspiracy would surface. You cannot silence them all.