Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your team v West Ham

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    What is going on? Everyone is injured. Do we have a new medical staff or something?
    It's that Arsenal coach we hired a couple of seasons ago when all of our CB got fooked.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    City caused their own troubles by changing their system to 3 at the back, they were all over the place defensively almost every time we tried to go forward and NOT because of anything we were doing, they highlighted it conclusively on MOTD2, their defence was awful, thank God for Guardiola's overthinking If we'd have one player in that midfield who could play a quality medium to longer ball to release the player they left wide open when it was on, we could have scored 4 or 5
    Oh right.. so the pundits said it on MOTD2 - well let's all stand down then.

City could have turned up and played the local pub team and still wouldn't have won. it was all of their own doing.. darn it.

Ok Jurgen, ignore everything you did to get the win, tell the lads they didn't put up a great fight on the night.. tell em it was just Pep getting it wrong. The experts on MOTD2 have spoken.

Back to the drawing board.. oh and thank you Pep... keep up the good work

On Jota... That's a huge blow. To be missing both him and Diaz... That's a proper kick in the balls..!!

Especially so after that great win... Gutted...

I say great win... perhaps I should caveat that with 'that great win, that wasn't actually a great win, but rather a lucky win because Pep got his setup wrong and actually made it easy.

We need a complete clear out of the conditioning and medical team, it’s like we are playing with a handicap.
    All these constant injuries across so many different players cannot be a coincidence.
    Other clubs don’t have this many constant injuries.
    Feckin joke.

Time for Nunez to grow into life as a Liverpool forward at LFWD now, gutted for Jota

Once again, FSG leave us well short, out go Mane, Origi and Minamino in come Nunez and Carvalho, both young and in need of development, so they left us a forward short too, or did the fabled recruitment team and this new bloke Ward not realise Mane was our only credible cover of RFWD and that in letting him go we were losing a 20 plus goals a season forward who could comfortably start in anoy of the 3 forward slots, just absolute fucking madness
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    We need a complete clear out of the conditioning and medical team, it’s like we are playing with a handicap.
    All these constant injuries across so many different players cannot be a coincidence.
    Other clubs don’t have this many constant injuries.
    Feckin joke.
    I genuinely don't think Jurgen's insistence on a 'proper' and hectic pre-season has helped, because of the earlier start and shorter down time between last season and this most other clubs played fewer games and had a shorter pre-season -

Most other teams whose players hadn't played in every game available to them last season

The injuries mostly came in that pre-season o shortly after, the idea of pre-season, is to get players who have had a very lengthy lay off from training every day whipped back into a level of fitness that will peak through playing games as the season progresses - Part of close season before pre-season is surely giving the players bodies, muscles, sinews and tendons time to rest, fully recover and relax - I think we got our pre-season very badly wrong, I always believed not having had a proper break and insisting on a 'proper' pre-season cramming in so many games was a grave error of judgement

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Oh right.. so the pundits said it on MOTD2
    I have no love for pundits because of the status quo never calling out of things and non applicable to the modern game swings and roundabouts, it all evens itself out over the course of a season bollocks they talk

However, when you have a professional displayed and put together series of clips very clearly demonstrating a change of system has caused a team who have been very good defensively the last 2 seasons in their usual 4 at the back to be all over the place and that change having obviously impacted on their ability to try and create also, you can't deny it, unless you are a truth denier when a particular truth doesn't suit you, oh hang on, I'm replying to Steveo aren't I

Thiago is a genius, all our other players have just been suddenly started constantly making all the wrong runs and timing them wrong

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Looks like Diogo is done for the next few months.
    FFS. Not good news at all.

See the thing about me is I'm honest and fair and don't sugar coat things because a player is ours or because it's our team, you lot do not understand that, so you make it an agenda between one player and another etc

A good example of how I am, would be the Owen cup final, I watched it with a mate who is an Arsenal fan, I was ecstatic we won, but I couldn't help but be embarrassed at the manner of the win, the officials having fucked up so royally, the first thing I did after the final whistle was apologise to my mate and admit they were absolutely robbed, because they were

I get why some of our fans and other fans can be confrontational of sorts about people questioning officials and VAR, because most people aren't like I am - Most people wouldn't kick off because the mother of the team kept picking their nephew ahead of 2 much better lads, most of you would be the one picking them ahead of the better players, but I wasn't standing for it, same way I don't stand for Fab holding the team back being picked ahead of actual midfielders

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Looks like Diogo is done for the next few months.
    Will depend on whether he has a Grade 2 or Grade 3 issue.

If it's a Grade 2 then he might "only" be out for 4-8 weeks, whereas with a Grade 3 it would be more like 12-16 weeks.