Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 World Cup

It appears some people are just not getting it:

2 American journalists have been stopped prior to the Wales - USA game

Grant Wahl was told by security to change his shirt prior to the game showing a rainbow surrounded football on it.

Kevin Baxter a L.A Times reporter was told by a police officer his rainbow coloured mask wasn't allowed.

On another note away from the world cup a gunman entered club Q a gay nightclub in

Colorado Springs and killed 5 occupants wounding many others,he is under arrest.
    Last edited by fagin; 21st November 2022 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    It appears some people are just not getting it:

2 American journalists have been stopped prior to the Wales - USA game

Grant Wahl was told by security to change his shirt prior to the game showing a rainbow surrounded football on it.

Kevin Baxter told by a police officer his rainbow coloured mask wasn't allowed.

On another note away from the world cup a gunman entered club Q a gay nightclub in

Colorado Springs and killed 5 occupants wounding many others,he is under arrest.
    What was with that different shirt top pre kick off?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    What was with that different shirt top pre kick off?
    Grant Wahl is an American journalist who was detained for over half hour prior to kickoff by

security to remove his shirt.It had an emblem of a football on it surrounded by a

rainbow.Think it was only a small emblem.

Was just reading a story supposedly from the Daily Mail in which a female Argentinian reporter

near Doha was robbed whilst reporting.She reported it and was shocked to hear authorities tell

her,when they will identify the alleged thief,she will be given the choice of punishment for

them.
    Last edited by fagin; 22nd November 2022 at 12:16 AM.

Was just reading a story supposedly from the Daily Mail in which a female Argentinian reporter

near Doha was robbed whilst reporting.She reported it and was shocked to hear authorities tell

her,when they will identify the alleged thief,she will be given the choice of punishment for

them.
    Can't beat a good public hanging on the back of a pickup in fairness...

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Can't beat a good public hanging on the back of a pickup in fairness...
    It would certainly add some extra flavour to the world cup......wanted or not lol.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    I don't support LGBTQ+ as such, but I don't agree with them being punished for their beliefs/whatever.
    Same applies to disabilities (for example).
    I acquire my petrol from wherever I can get hold of it.
    If there was an alternative source I would go for it IF it cost a reasonable amount.
    There aren't many options available when it comes to fuel, unless you know differently.
    For around 300 euros (maybe 600 now with inflation) you can get a thing/converter that allows your petrol car to run on Alcohol/Ethanol. You can stick in petrol if you're stuck out and about.
    https://www.greencarguide.co.uk/features/convert-your-car-to-run-on-bioethanol/

You can also heat your home with alcohol /ethanol instead of kerosene/oil.

Alcohols pretty cheap to make and you might find a local booze producer who'll make it in bulk if you have a tank around the house you could fill.

Possibly the support from alot of people is a direct result of the pathetic bombardment whether in the daily rags or the tv who devote almost all their attention daily in trying to program people to their way of thinking.After spending the last 3 1/2 weeks over there it became so annoying reading or watching the same repetitve shyte daily, along with the Stop Oil protesters who have the freedom of the country to do whatever,whenever they like to disrupt without any interference from the Cops.Some cops were actually giving them water and defending them from the public.
    People are free to make their own minds up how they view things in Qatar without this constant pressure from the media outlets.And if homosexuals don't like it don't go, their laws were set many ions ago as in accordance with the Muslim religion.These protests ain't going to change anything.
    Thank God the establishments i frequented (pubs and social clubs) most spoke their minds and it was obvious to me the Media hadn't managed to program them,which made for alot of enjoyable nights out,plus i got to watch all the games prior to the break on the big screens.
    Although the Media outlets,the press,sky sports, bbc and Gary Neville to name some, came out fighting against Infantino's speech,like him or hate him he was right on point....(jmo)
    Perhaps the powers that be in the UK should grow some balls and get their own laws in order before worrying about other countries,especially where protesters are concerned,especially Stop Oil protesters.

Overall, i had a really good time whilst there just wish i could of got to a game,maybe next time !
    By my estimates its about a 26% supporter base who are lock step with the media and celebrity culture. It's a tragic comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Quite tiny motor and battery these days Fagin. Hard to spot the difference from a distance. Can do about 20/30 km/h. I will come back with something more of an overview of the modern (and perhaps fold-up too) bicycle.
    Found this review of e-bikes
    https://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear/a22132137/best-electric-bikes/

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    And one assumes these ‘folk’ will happily watch a WC hosted by the US (their second since 1994) despite over 2,000,000 dead in their illegal war since 2003 - Guantanamo - their continued use of torture and rendition - and… the fact that their second biggest foreign military sales partner is……

Wait for it…

Qatar.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1282413

Qatar is already the U.S.'s second-largest foreign military sales partner, with more than $26 billion in active cases. The U.S. sells Qatar Patriot long-range missile defense systems, the F-15QA fighter aircraft — the most advanced F-15 in the U.S. inventory — and AH-64E Apache attack helicopters.
    Brilliant post. That is hypocrisy. The word "human rights" is only a tool to force the American (west) way of life on other sovereign nations. Bush & Blair and others have never gone to the Hague for crimes against humanity. No French leader, US OR CIA has been trialed for the death of Thomas Sankara and Patrice Lumumba, the murder of these leaders destabilized their nations forever. Gadhafi?

We are going to the year 3000 and no weapon of mass destruction has been found in Iraq, the only thing that has been found is more oil.

If Qatari don't want LGBTQ then they don't want. Football is not a political tool. And if we are going to politicize then do it consistently. The USA was awarded the world cup in 1994 despite Vietnam, Iran/Iraq wars, Afghanistan. France hosted 1998 despite its direct influence in destabilizing its former colonies in Africa. The West have helped flood weapons onto Liberia, Sierra Leone. England and Netherlands massive beneficiaries of "blood diamonds" Foreign hands-on Nigerian oil.

So many human rights are being committed daily by the holier than though and now they want to force a muslim nation to break its values and beliefs or else they can't have world cup. The word is world cup. You will find 90% of the world don't have a problem with Qatar having the world cup and the way that they want to have it.