Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Just watched motd too, how was the foul on the Leeds keeper not given when Spurs scored their first?? And yet again … why was Mo Salah not given a penalty??? When you consider how many penalties have been given for such minimal contact?? That was right in front of me and it looked a pen at the time and motd did nothing to change my mind.

Referees and VAR in England are an absolute joke.
    He's a one-season diving foreign cheat....

Thought you of all people would know that by now! All top strikers like Harry Kane would have stayed on their feet and buried that...
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Very good. Thanks tees.

Sadio is definitely out. Gutted for him, even though I don't give a shit about the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Number of players at WC from each Premier league club.

Man City – 16
    Man United – 14
    Chelsea – 12
    Tottenham – 11
    Arsenal – 9
    Liverpool – 7
    Fulham – 6
    Leicester – 6
    Newcastle – 5
    Nottingham Forest – 5
    West Ham – 5
    Aston Villa – 4
    Brentford – 4
    Brighton – 4
    Everton – 4
    Leeds – 3
    Wolves – 3
    Bournemouth – 2
    Crystal Palace – 1
    Southampton – 1

While not an exact science by any means this table is a pointer to just how much extra you get outta the Klopp-factor.

We almost did a quad last season.. only 7 going to the WC and 2 of them will most likely barely feature.
    The other interesting revealing thing about that list is the fact that every single one of our rivals right now ahead of us in the league* (save for Newcastle) will have more players at the World Cup than we will

Will that have an impact post-World Cup?

Who knows?

Not wishing any injuries on our rivals or players, but here's hoping the break does our squad some good with players coming back healthier and hungrier for the Christmas break and post-Christmas break run-in.

I seriously don't believe the likes of Spurs, Newcastle or even Arsenal will be able to maintain their momentum from this opening frame of the season.

It's just a question of which of them we can pick off if we get on a run.

*So Chelsea are ahead of us at the moment and have began to fall off, but I still count them as legitimate rivals......certainly for a top 4 spot if nothing else.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

We can only hope CD.. Hope that Arsenal start to falter post WC. It could easily happen, so much can change. Sadly we are relying on that kind of downturn from a fair few while the opposite happens for us.

Interesting for sure.

Oh and I can’t stand the man BUT Piers… destroys Emily… and all of those who want to get on their high horse about the morality of this World Cup and sports washing in general.

Most of us Brits are warped beyond all recognition. Piers throws Iraq at her and she dissolves on contact.

2,000,000 dead civilians is - according to Maitlis “whataboutery” ….Ok…..

…Let’s think about that for one minute. Let’s think about the hosting of all those games in Euro 2020 (2021) including the final… less than 25 years after we hosted the entire tournament in ‘96.

That’s above questioning - I believe Lineker and Baddjel were happy to commentate on those ….because….?

Oh yes….One assumes it’s ok that we were the key facilitator and co perpetrator in the deaths of well over 2,000,000 civilians across Iraq BUT because we don’t make homosexuality illegal - morally - we are good to go. Bugger me

The west has lost its marbles.
    Last edited by Steveo; 18th November 2022 at 09:51 AM.

Wonder how many fans will get locked up and stuck there..... ?

You couldn't pay me to go watch the world cup in qatar

Maybe 100k
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

I wouldn’t set foot anywhere near the gulf as a whole tbh. Total hell hole imo… However it is what it is, due in no small way because of us, and our empire.

Yep, we have fucked up more than half the planet, and now want to sit on the high horse and lecture

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I wouldn’t set foot anywhere near the gulf as a whole tbh. Total hell hole imo… However it is what it is, due in no small way because of us, and our empire.

Yep, we have fucked up more than half the planet, and now want to sit on the high horse and lecture
    I've always though myself of a bit of traveller, and that part of the world has never appealed to me. Maybe it's the untold wealth that they look to flash, but it's just not for me.