Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1215161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Napoli

Twisting the truth to create a lie, is not the same as splitting hairs, as you well know.

What is a "complete disgrace" is your continued slithering despite being found out.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    your continued slithering despite being found out.
    Found out for what?

I actually complimented you on that statement - finally you've said something real. I respect the fact that you're willing to state that you don't care if the club is not run sustainably. That seems to be your position. Why not just state it. In fact that's what you did state. Fine. Now we can discuss the actual differences between the positions and we know where we stand.

But of course there is no discussion with you - only conflict. Once the details are actually on the table you start calling people names because all you seem to really care about is not being wrong. Or even worse, not being seen to be wrong.

Well, here we are again. How deep an insult can you dream up now? Give it your best shot Steveo. I'm sure it will be devastating

I've finally been found out for being in the pay of FSG - they give me money to say nice things about them. I've been on this forum since 2006 as one long ploy to be able to influence people, late in the day, into liking the Americans. You're not twisting things are you - sticking clearly and honestly to the facts as always

For a one way constantly glowing narrative of our owners, regardless of the reality on the ground. No matter what stunts they pull or how little backing they afford the manager. An endless procession of positives and a total absence of anything even remotely negative at all. They must be the greatest thing since Jesus Christ! A PR department would show less clear bias than you.

Are you denying that you have received any incentive to talk up FSG or John W Henry or any major stakeholder in the operation?

As for splitting hairs.. ? you are a piece of work..

"I just want FSG to do the best they can to provide a platform for success NOT to create a perfectly sustainable club."

Suggesting that the above is the same as this:

"Steveo just said he doesn't want the owners to run the club in a sustainable manner."

This is a deliberate twist of the truth and becomes a lie. It's what you do quite often. It is categorically not what I said and doesn't share any kind of similar meaning whatsoever.. Splitting hairs you say??

It's like accusing someone who says.....they want their club to focus first on learning to defend NOT on scoring the perfect goal... as meaning that they actively don't want us to score goals at all!

It's crap, and anyone can see through it.

"I just want FSG to do the best they can to provide a platform for success NOT to create a perfectly sustainable club."
    If you don't want them to create a perfectly sustainable club, the implication is straight forward that you are comfortable with them taking unsustainable steps to achieve what you want. It is not inaccurate to draw the implication, especially with your long-winded defence of Barcelona's model in the past despite the mess they currently find themselves in, which you have downplayed as a problem at great length.

What you want is debt, one way or another. That is the issue. It's an interesting debate that mature adults could have about the role of overspending in the running of a football club.

It's like accusing someone who says.....they want their club to focus first on learning to defend NOT on scoring the perfect goal... as meaning that they actively don't want us to score goals at all!
    It's nothing like this actually.

You are trying to hide from the fact that you want the club to go into debt. I am not twisting your words. Why you are doing this is beyond me but it seems deranged from where I'm standing. It's actually a reasonable and widely held view, which is why I said it was something real, as opposed to your diatribes on capitalism itself.

Are you denying that you have received any incentive to talk up FSG or John W Henry or any major stakeholder in the operation?
    this is laughable

They must be the greatest thing since Jesus Christ!
    You're not twisting things here, no, you wouldn't do such a thing because that would be equal to lying

No wonder this place is losing its numbers. I weep for you and your ilk.
    Maybe you should do your bit to make the place a bit more civilised

You are a liar

And you have been busted wide open too.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    You're not twisting things here, no, you wouldn't do such a thing because that would be equal to lying
    Twisting what? Have I claimed that you have said anything that you have not? What words have I mistakenly twisted…? Oh yes - that would be none.

You see Taksin, by the age of 6 most know what a lie is.

And Please show me where I ever defended Barcelona’s model. I don’t even have a clue what their supposed model is - beyond - try and blow all your wedge on whoever looks hot at any given time. If you are on about my point on us being thankful for it - then that again - is something quite different. The joke being that without their massive overspend on players - in our case Coutinho - we would likely have struggled to win either number 6 or 19!!

What I have said about Barca is “don’t worry about them - they will be fine.” And that’s what I believe to be the case. It has nothing to do with any current business model they may or may not be deploying.

Yet another fabrication. What is real for you Taksin is pure fantasy.

You are inventing what people have said and then attacking it. Good job it was stamped on this time so fast.
    Last edited by Steveo; 3rd November 2022 at 03:48 PM.