Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 151819202122232425

Thread: Match Thread: Spurs v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    What has happened to Trent. I get that he needed cover so that he could push up but he even seems to get the basics wrong at the moment. That was a peno yesterday
    I missed the game live, but watched highlights afterwards, and I was stunned at just how godawful and terrible he was.

Yes, that was a stonewall penalty despite commentators trying to excuse him by claiming Sessegnon went down too easy.
    In fact both of his shoves against Sessegnon were red card-able offenses since he didn't even seem like he was going for the ball in either situation and just seemed to be lashing out at getting beaten.
    And both were the result of him losing his positional awareness or just straight up getting beaten on one-on-one's.

And then there were the several instances where he was caught out having drifted all the way to the central position leaving a wide open gap for the winger to run into if he received a cross (which he did) - and for no discernable reason since in all those cases Konate had the central attacker covered.

He just doesn't bother to look over his shoulder to see where he should be, and when he does and it's too late, leaves himself with too much ground to cover to get back in position.

If Spurs were clinical, they should have won that game at least 5-2 or so.
    That's just how awful we were as a team in the second half, and also how lacking in decisiveness they were.

But on Trent's part, I really don't know what to make of his situation anymore, as it's now become a joke.
    Surely it can't be a surprise or a mystery to either Klopp or the coaching staff.
    I though him getting dropped to the bench/injured would have helped somewhat, but if anything he seems to have gotten worse.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I missed the game live, but watched highlights afterwards, and I was stunned at just how godawful and terrible he was.

Yes, that was a stonewall penalty despite commentators trying to excuse him by claiming Sessegnon went down too easy.
    In fact both of his shoves against Sessegnon were red card-able offenses since he didn't even seem like he was going for the ball in either situation and just seemed to be lashing out at getting beaten.
    And both were the result of him losing his positional awareness or just straight up getting beaten on one-on-one's.

And then there were the several instances where he was caught out having drifted all the way to the central position leaving a wide open gap for the winger to run into if he received a cross (which he did) - and for no discernable reason since in all those cases Konate had the central attacker covered.

He just doesn't bother to look over his shoulder to see where he should be, and when he does and it's too late, leaves himself with too much ground to cover to get back in position.

If Spurs were clinical, they should have won that game at least 5-2 or so.
    That's just how awful we were as a team in the second half, and also how lacking in decisiveness they were.

But on Trent's part, I really don't know what to make of his situation anymore, as it's now become a joke.
    Surely it can't be a surprise or a mystery to either Klopp or the coaching staff.
    I though him getting dropped to the bench/injured would have helped somewhat, but if anything he seems to have gotten worse.
    And his passing and first touch have turned to shit too. Very few positives in having him on the pitch at the moment.

There was one play that summed up Trent at the moment.

The ball was bouncing out of play for a Spurs throw and Trent ran after it smashing it into row z (after the ball had already gone out of play) Trent then jogged back onto the pitch after Spurs has taken a quick throw in and were on the attack.

I was screaming at the TV for him to bust it to get back into position but he just jogged on and watched another Spurs attack.

The lad doesn’t seem arsed.

Yep I remember that, it was pantomime stuff.

He’ll start the next league though watch. He has half the English media signing his praises. It’s like they know how to hurt us, and want to twist the knife.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post

The ball was bouncing out of play for a Spurs throw and Trent ran after it smashing it into row z (after the ball had already gone out of play) Trent then jogged back onto the pitch after Spurs has taken a quick throw in and were on the attack.

I was screaming at the TV for him to bust it to get back into position but he just jogged on and watched another Spurs attack.

I remember that. He thought he was being clever. Multiball meant they had the throw in already taken before he has even looked back around. He’s just miles out of form. Maybe unsettled?
    Last edited by eggy81; 7th November 2022 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post

I saw that.

People thought I was going mad by how I was shouting at the TV.

Imagine if we the fans are getting this worked up about his shitty play, how must it be for Klopp and the coaches standing on the sideline and seeing all that, and just his general sense of not giving a toss and lack of effort.

It was that one and another play where Spurs were attacking from the right side, and all the Liverpool players falling back to defense automatically looking over the backs and shoulders trying to anticipate where the cross would be sent to so they could cover the areas,.....that is, everyone but Trent who for some bizarre reason was jogging into the middle again leaving a wide open welcome mat for them to switch play to the other wing where Sessegnon was running into the space to get the cross unchallenged.

Everyone looks over their shoulder except him.
    What's the matter with him?

And how do you not anticipate that over and over and over again?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

It's partly because trent knows no one is even close to replacing him. The gap in quality between some of our starters and subs is massive.

To keep him happy I really think we should try 442 with Gomez at rb and him at rm. He will either flourish or see its much harder without the space he gets at rb positions and hopefully bring him back down to earth.

Hes not been allowed forward as much, at times we've seen him really forward and even run inside central up the pitch..
    With having Elliot over on Salahs side. Trent is being told to sit back more. He just sees himself as an attacker. And the simple things of defending is beyond him. what pisses me off more is when he just kicks the ball forward from his own half and its constantly being dealt with easily by the opposition centre backs,

once we get back to a solid 4/3/3 with 3 natural midfielders .Trent may be able to get forward more. One of the midfielders can cover the right side. similar to Henderson does

With having Elliot mostly on the right, its leaving us short in the middle when teams counter. Its not possible to press with 2 .when in the past we had 4 when Firmino also dropped in.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century