Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Spurs v Liverpool

Not our worst half of the season

Half-time 2-0

Hopefully, unlikely as it may be, I'd rather see us playing a 442
    Bobby on the right of the 4 to use his brain. Elliot on the left, Nunez left and Salah right up top

Just about right the result so far. Tottenham will get more aggressive in the second half lets hope the ref deals with it
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

We started very well… Best we have looked all season in fact. lovely goal to go ahead. Then either we stopped a bit or they woke up OR a bit of both. We continued to get in very decent positions, but Trent is an open back door for any attack Spurs can muster and it means the game is far from over.

HT Ok half, not the best in all honesty, but one good goal, one from an unforced error, both great finishes from Mo, I think we've been pretty poor otherwise since our opening goal, we're just not at all good or comfortable trying to overpass, all our best opportunities have come from Trent, Robbo or Virgil releasing someone with a medium to longer ball, because, that's what we're good at

Over toe Jurgen to make sure we're a lot better second half, administer the bumming, get the win and a desperately needed first away win of the season albeit against an injury ravaged Spurs side
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Still very much a work in progress, but Nunez has had the effect I expected on our left, where I picked him in the your team thread
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Trent is a lucky lucky boy

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Trent is a lucky lucky boy
    Not really, I would have gone mental if that pen was awarded since a similar incident in the Forest game yesterday wasnt given
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Not really, I would have gone mental if that pen was awarded since a similar incident in the Forest game yesterday wasnt given
    He shoves him down. Depends what replay is watched. Could easily have been given

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We started very well… Best we have looked all season in fact. lovely goal to go ahead. Then either we stopped a bit or they woke up OR a bit of both. We continued to get in very decent positions, but Trent is an open back door for any attack Spurs can muster and it means the game is far from over.
    Players run off elliot, happened 3 times in the opening 10. Watch Elliots decision making around the 15th minute when spurs had a minute and a half of pressure 😳 Don't think Trent like him there, barely passes to him.
    It's not much of a wall/shield between the pair of em