Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Konate

Konate

I may have missed it, but I scrolled back THIRTY pages and couldn't find a thread dedicated to this absolute Colossus.

Very selfishly hoping he doesn't get picked for France as I want him protected.

Bloody brilliant. The sky is the absolute limit for him.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Konaté made more clearances today (8) than any other Liverpool player in a PL game this season.
    He also won more duels (11)
    Won possession more times (9)
    And won more aerial duals (7) than any of his teammates

Very good from the young CB after being out with an injury too.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Very good from the young CB after being out with an injury too.
    It's so easy to forget how young he is, especially given that it is a position associated with maturity - he's only a month older than Núñez!

He was good. A couple of wayward passes early in first half and that header at the end of the game when he should have put his foot through it.
    I'll be shocked if he doesn't go to the WC but they have plenty of good defenders.
    I want as many as possible staying home for a months rest.

He's already the player we all hoped Sakho would be. He's got everything he needs to be a superb centre half. Built like a wardrobe, fast, good in the air, strong, and brings the ball out well. He just needs the experience to read the game, which should come in time, especially if he's learning from VVD.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Probably MOTM yesterday. Played alongside Van Dijk, but looked like our main man back there.

Virgil is in Qatar though. Provided he comes back fit, I suspect our back line massively improves post WC.

My man Konate - Doing everything I said he would Some players are just unquestionably a fit, you look at what all your other best and sometimes other top CBs do, but moreso ours as a player needs to suit the system and he always had it all, he was tailor made to play in our back four

There is a midfielder out there who provides all those things too, but in midfield, his name is Enzo Fernandez
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I may have missed it, but I scrolled back THIRTY pages and couldn't find a thread dedicated to this absolute Colossus.
    There was a thread, the one with everyone else saying he might not make it in the Prem, different league, etc etc etc and me being adamant he was perfect and would be a colossus for us, with some players it's just so clear, they have absolutely everything, and are incredibly accomplished at doing everything your system needs and your current best top CBs do brilliantly and have the physical attributes for the Prem

The only question with Konate ever was his injury record and Jurgen managed that brilliantly sharing the games between Konate and Matip last season, then cocked it up insisting on too many pre-season games this season

There are some players who should make our fabled recruitment teams job incredibly easy for the reasons Konate did, but it seems lost on them, yes there are players we all 'like' who could add or bring something but are by no means ideal, but there are some that tick every single box and you wonder how our scouting department don't see it

Fucking around with loans and trying to be the Villa lad for 30m when we could have had Enzo for 9m it's a joke, I've never seen a midfielder better suited to and a better fit with all his attributed and abilities for how we play, what the strengths of all our other players are - He'd be the most ideal midfielder for our system way and above any we have had or currently have
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Scrolled and couldn't see a more recent thread on him than this one - if there is and they can be merged then that's grand.

Thought he had a brilliant game.

MOTM for us, pity he couldn’t cap it off with a winner.