Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Konate

Yep, wiping out that twat Xhaka was class. Just a massive shame he couldn’t get the late winner.

Best game in ages. We could really do with more of those performances, a bit more consistency as he's defo capable of it.
    I'm very worried about VvD, hes not what he was, It's just taken me a while to admit it to myself and say it aloud.

Prophetic pop act The Fine Young Cannibals wrote a tune about Virgil well ahead of its time

Konate is an immense defender, he was my MOTM, not much he could have done other than try and chest the ball with how high it bounced, truthfully Nunez should have been heading that down into the bottom left hand corner, why he's heading it back across from there under no challenge when he's a No9 is beyond me
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

He does look immense at times but it has to be said at others he can also look a brainless clart.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    He does look immense at times but it has to be said at others he can also look a brainless clart.
    He's 23 - he will make loads of mistakes in the coming couple of seasons as he develops - sky is the limit though.

If Virgil's current stagnation lasts then many will be making the case that Konate is our best centre-back.

Mainly when he plays at LCB, a bit ropey there, but the best we have as back up to Virgil at LCB until Evan Ndicka arrives on a free in the summer, we desperately need that signing

Give us the option to play 343 with 3 quality CBs too, I don't get people like CCTV constantly banging on about playing 4231 when it doesn't suit our forwards or our full backs, but 343 suits all our players, he gets his double pivot in centre mid, we get Trent and Robbo in their more creative positions, but it hardly gets a mention, I think that was our best formation to use v Real, but we didn't

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    He's 23 - he will make loads of mistakes in the coming couple of seasons as he develops - sky is the limit though.

If Virgil's current stagnation lasts then many will be making the case that Konate is our best centre-back.
    Totally agree. I'd guess he's better than VvD was at his age? I do think he'll get much better.
    I'm gutted about Virgil, I hope he regains form but I'm not sure he will. We'll see but either way planning must be made and I think we need a new rock. I've not seen him play but a free transfer defender in Ndicka doesn't fill me with the confidence. Buying Gvardiol would though, not going to happen I know but hey ho.

Totally agree. I'd guess he's better than VvD was at his age? I do think he'll get much better.
    I'm gutted about Virgil, I hope he regains form but I'm not sure he will. We'll see but either way planning must be made and I think we need a new rock. I've not seen him play but a free transfer defender in Ndicka doesn't fill me with the confidence. Buying Gvardiol would though, not going to happen I know but hey ho.
    Vvd was decent in second half. I’m a little more confident of a rebound next year after that half than in recent weeks.

Ndicka's key if we can land him, cover, rest and competition for Virgil and th future France Cb pairing lining up for us, City rumoured to be after him now, probably to stock pile because they know he's significantly strengthen us, just like the filthy used to do to try and stop their competitors strengthening when they had loads more money than any other club
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 9th April 2023 at 10:00 PM.

They're all capable. It's an excellent side when it's all working. It just hasn't been at all this season, we've just not got going at all.

We're all blaming the midfield, but both full backs have been poor, VVD looks like he's sleepwalking through games, Konate, Gomez and Konate have all been poor for stretches. The midfield point has been done to death. The forwards have either been injured or in and out of form. They've all been hit and (mostly) miss.