Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Konate

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    They're all capable. It's an excellent side when it's all working. It just hasn't been at all this season, we've just not got going at all.

We're all blaming the midfield, but both full backs have been poor, VVD looks like he's sleepwalking through games, Konate, Gomez and Konate have all been poor for stretches. The midfield point has been done to death. The forwards have either been injured or in and out of form. They've all been hit and (mostly) miss.

Correct, but it has absolutely nothing to do with too few players being asked to play a style of football which would be difficult to sustain with twice Klopp’s budget.

Or at least that is the case for those who need a white stick

I really don't know about him, he looks a "bombscare " as we say here.
    Him and Virgil need to buck up their ideas or neither will be here after next season as both don't look up to the job.

He is absolute quality, just adapting to the new system and covering the roles of 2 areas, it will improve a lot with time in the new system and if we do land Ndicka to play LB/LCB in this tweaked system in games against other top sides

The Son goal was through a combination of Trent and Konate and Virgil and Robbo not holding a line, for me I think Virgil should step up there and being Robbo with him, and our forward who was central not getting back our side of their CB they went back to who played him through with no pressure on the ball

The Richarlison goal was through Milner giving Tierney an excuse to give a free kick that was never a free kick

I don't think it was a foul or a pen on Richarlison, he needs educating about players like that and their antics
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Thought that was possibly Konaté’s worst game for us. He turns his back and walks away from Son, leaving one of the best strikers in World football a free run on goal. Really could have had a penalty against him when he got wrong side of Richarlison and panicked. Constantly gave the ball away and often out of position.

Not our worst player on the day but this is a thread about him.

The defence on all three goals was a shambles. Virgil gets put on his arse and nobody is anywhere near Kane on the first, the second one was just awful. Two red's near Son and he runs through both. The third one poor too.
    We definitely need to sort it out for next season. We cannot ship as many goals as we have this one so hopefully a new defender is brought in.

He’s a bit of a loose cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    The defence on all three goals was a shambles. Virgil gets put on his arse and nobody is anywhere near Kane on the first, the second one was just awful. Two red's near Son and he runs through both. The third one poor too.
    We definitely need to sort it out for next season. We cannot ship as many goals as we have this one so hopefully a new defender is brought in.

Konate and Trent.. Oblivious.

No pressure on the ball is a huge issue at times this season, when you play our line, if the forwards and mids don't have pressure on the ball, you end up in trouble, Son scored 4 minutes after Gakpo was taken off, because Nunez was the wrong side of their CB jogging back, we pressed, they went back, defence started to come out, Virgil didn't bring the line up to where Trent and Konate were, they went back again to their CB with time and space to play Son in, if Gakpo's still on I don't think it happens because he's a pressing machine

In situations like today's game, Nunez is absolutely not a good sub to bring on, he's more a Captain Chaos chasing a game and a goal sub, you want one of your forwards who is on point in their pressing and counter pressing and positioning coming on to try and see a game out, not Nunez, he's our last forward I'd bring on in a situation as today's game was
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 30th April 2023 at 08:22 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Seems a sin that this thread was last posted in during April of 2023 - took a bit of digging.

Absolutely imperious today and he has had a lot of good games this season.

Really hope he can remain fit for the majority of it - some rotation will likely be needed for that and for that reason I hope Robertson and Tsimikas are back soon to free up Gomez to help out at centre-back.

Don't want him playing 3 times per week if it can be avoided. If he continues to improve yet further.....my word.

He was superb today. Consistency is key.
    Looking like a guy who will be able shoulder the responsibility if Virgil isn't there.