Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516172060 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC Up for Sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Totally agree on RATcliffe

And don’t worry about the morality monsters in here Kop.

They didn’t vote for Brexit They would no more support the World Cup in Qatar than they would a trip to the US Open.

After all - they are so vocal on Guantanamo, torture and rendition, and the deaths of almost 2,000,000 civilians since 2003. They would be the first to leap to the defence of Snowden and Assange.

These are the human rights warriors. We are Liverpool, this means more
    My view is like yours.
    We live on a time of hypocrisy and with that shiiiiiit culture cancel or something like that. To demonstrate how poor the society is is enough to say that a movie like American Pie would be canceled before go to theaters.
    If everyone support human rights everyone should ban this year World Cup. Every national team from a democratic country should resign to play this World Cup, but now we live on hypocrisy world.
    Now on topic.
    I want some owners with deep pockets to splash cash to compete with like of City, Newcastle or PSG while upgrading the stadium like a fan base like Liverpool FC deserve. Not American owners please.

Brilliant post Kop...

Does this mean we're signing Mbappe ?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    We would be the first proper club ie history and worldwide fanbase, to be owned by the petrodollar if it happens.

Like it or loathe it, it could make Liverpool football club the biggest and richest in the world.
    Agree. I've said before that being bought by someone who's ready to bank roll us woildnt bother me in the sense that we're already an institution. We've earned our status. The other clubs haven't.
    The human rights issue is the sticking point but fans won't get a say in what happens.
    LFC fans like to think there's a unique aspect, in some ways it's true but it won't have any sway in ownership negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    🤤

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree. I've said before that being bought by someone who's ready to bank roll us woildnt bother me in the sense that we're already an institution. We've earned our status. The other clubs haven't.
    The human rights issue is the sticking point but fans won't get a say in what happens.
    LFC fans like to think there's a unique aspect, in some ways it's true but it won't have any sway in ownership negotiations.
    I couldn’t give a fuck frankly who owns us as long as we compete but we will be taking some serious climb down among oppo fans if it is a petrodollars Middle Eastern human rights abusing owner.

Agree with Justme's point. It is a shame but it also had an inevitability about it. It will have to happen, if not we sink into also ran staus and whilst the romanticism of sticking to our guns is nice it wouldnt be long before we would be wishing differently.
    We've had years of being on the outside looking in and it was frankly shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    And you want we sing Mbappe? No one disagree that he is a fantastic football player and could improve any team on the world but on terms of mentality I don't know... I think he could be a problem on dressing room
    Keep Red... And Never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by Kop On Portugal View Post
    And you want we sing Mbappe? No one disagree that he is a fantastic football player and could improve any team on the world but on terms of mentality I don't know... I think he could be a problem on dressing room
    Mbappe is still young enough to $ell at a profit later on.

Apparently DIC are back in the picture. Please no!
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"