Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617182161 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC Up for Sale?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I know they’re based in London and their ground will be of more value than Anfield in real estate terms but how can this be true??

FSG will make a significant profit on their investment, but Liverpool's valuation is less than the price Roman Abramovich sold Chelsea for earlier this year. (Star)
    https://www.forbes.com/teams/liverpool/?sh=354af3bc6045

Worth over 1 billion more than chelsea according to Forbes

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I mean,......

...we also DID win a couple of trophies here and there.
    (Including one we hadn't won in a long time).

Not to mention the state-of-the-art new training ground,.....
    The expanded stand that allows and will allow more people to see live matches......
    Not leaving us with a massive debt......
    Making us the 4th most valuable football club in the world,.....
    Making us the only consistent challengers to City's dominance,....

Why do people love to pretend like FSG was only just barely better than terrible in their time here considering everything we've experienced in the time they've been here?
    The reason FSG did all this is to increase the value of the club, those assets are creating money and profit, but when the club need to invest on the players, where are they? If u compare the net spending in the league for the past 10 years, we are almost the lowest! If they still consider good owner, I have nothing to say, an Owner more focusing on expanding merchadise markets, ticket selling, profit. Again, if they invest partial of the 900m profit for the past 10 years, we have more trophies than u could even thought.

We have trophies because of Klopp not FSG.
    Last edited by Joetan991; 8th November 2022 at 02:00 PM.

Any fans of The Wire?

"The game is the game"

This is what we are up against. Corruption at the highest level.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/fifa-world-cup/qatar-getting-the-world-cup-over-us-was-linked-to-14b-arms-deal-ex-fifa-boss/ar-AA13RVSF
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Maybe already posted but what the options for a supporters club buy-in, for perhaps 10- 25% share?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Maybe already posted but what the options for a supporters club buy-in, for perhaps 10- 25% share?
    If the club is being valued at 4 to 5bn - that would be 1bn (for 25%) - straight into the pockets of FSG. Still no money to invest. It's not feasible tbh.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Sounds like a pre-emptive strike to stop people calling for them to actually sign at least one top midfielder in January

Inviting offers to invest is no different to a leveraged buy out, it has the same effect privatisation has had on the UK's public services and the public purse, they have more and more people to pay profits/dividends to, and it goes up and up until there's no money left to pay for the service itself, which as that appears to have been happening with our club since FSG arrived, wouldn't be good news at all

The only 'investment' that would be good would be a cash rich kind who trusted FSG to run the club and grow it, but wanted to be part of a hugely successful football club and world leading sports brand for their own reasons and was happy to pay for that to happen
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    If the club is being valued at 4 to 5bn - that would be 1bn (for 25%) - straight into the pockets of FSG. Still no money to invest. It's not feasible tbh.
    Maybe they can write off £1.5 billion that the club "owes' them? You know... as in only walk with say £2.3 billion in profit? Only make the 7 or 8 times what they invested???

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Why straight to FSG and none to reinvestment?

This means more..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    This means more..
    Don't understand your post Steveo