Page 16 of 64 FirstFirst ... 69101112131415161718192021222326 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC Up for Sale?

Reminds me of the scene in only fools and horses when del is dreaming of a huge building and onto of the building in huge lettering T I T (trotters independent traders) and Rodney reminds him.that above his head will be TIT
    So DIC doesn't sound good for Us
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

What's annoying is that they are selling at a point their lack of investment, sorry, lack of reinvestment of operating profits in the playing staff is being revealed to be as damaging as a few of us here always said it would, it was never a sustainable model

I think what has happened is similar to privatisation, they had other investors they brought in with them, they've had people to pay out dividends each year, which has prevented the profits made from their better running of the club, being reinvested in playing and other staff
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    The biggest concern for me would be that we get a Hollywood chairman/owner like Abramovich. Sack managers willy nilly and basically want it known that they're the star attraction at the club. He backed the club to the hilt financially but I would never want a revolving door like they had and will continue to have.
    It's a balancing act, what we'll gain in one way we'll likely lose in another.
    We really are ( as fans) in a rock and a hard place with this.
    Yep - that's about the size of tees. It looks pretty grim in truth..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep - that's about the size of tees. It looks pretty grim in truth..
    It's only really Chelsea that have this problem.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    What's annoying is that they are selling at a point their lack of investment, sorry, lack of reinvestment of operating profits in the playing staff is being revealed to be as damaging as a few of us here always said it would, it was never a sustainable model

I think what has happened is similar to privatisation, they had other investors they brought in with them, they've had people to pay out dividends each year, which has prevented the profits made from their better running of the club, being reinvested in playing and other staff
    I think it's certainly that coupled with the ESL and operation big picture going south. They know they cant compete long term so are looking to get out whilst things are still in a relatively good place.
    They also bought the club on the premise of FFP being implemented which was obviously a big con.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I think it's certainly that coupled with the ESL and operation big picture going south. They know they cant compete long term so are looking to get out whilst things are still in a relatively good place.
    They also bought the club on the premise of FFP being implemented which was obviously a big con.
    EPL was supposed to be implementing something similar to FFP, but that's gone really quiet.
    If the market stays as open as it is, with no financial restrictions, most clubs will have no opportunity to develop.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

I don't see that this ends in any way other than poorly for us. We either get a sports washer (not many candidates remain, if any), or something similar to the Glazers who will leach off us until we're nothing but a husk.

FSG may have been the best available custodians, but they really should have paid for the infrastructure projects our of their own pockets. It only served to increase the value if THEIR asset after all. Instead they've hamstrung us for years in the hope that Klopp could keep working miracles.

This guy being strongly linked, plenty of green backs.

Steven Anthony Ballmer is an American business magnate and investor who served as the chief executive officer of Microsoft from 2000 to 2014. He is the current owner of the Los Angeles Clippers of the National Basketball Association. Wikipedia
    Born: 24 March 1956 (age 66 years), Detroit, Michigan, United States
    Net worth: 75.7 billion USD (2022) Forbes
    Education: Harvard University (1977)

That Pagliuca guy has been linked today aswell.he part owns Atalanta and the Boston Celtics. Buckled obviously.

If I was a betting man I'd say that neither of those characters would put a single penny of their own money into the club. They would be leeches like the Glazers/H&G. The club would be worse off than it is now.

Fingers crossed we avoid greedy corporate types who add no value at all.