Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891252 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC Up for Sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurthers View Post
    Do you reckon they realise that FFP will never be enforced so their type of ownership won't be successful in the long run due to their hopes for a super league being dashed?
    FFP has been replaced remember, but I would say that IF a sale happens (and this isn't just seeking out investment such as the RedBird deal) then your proposed hypothesis is likely pretty spot on.

Folks moan about FSG but they’ve overseen our best period in decades. We’ve won a lot of trophies and if it weren’t for one financially doped rival in particular we would have two more League titles. Fans can say that mainly down to Klopp mainly and I'd largely agree as the right Manager makes a World of difference, but they've played their part with some of the "big picture" stuff - we're better with recruitment, Anfield’s ongoing redevelopment during their tenure has been superb, excellent training complex..... they're not without errors but have largely done a good job for me.

If FFP had actually been enforced by parties that weren't either spineless or corrupt to the hilt, we'd probably say they were as close to "excellent" as we could want - sadly hasn't panned out that way.

Hopefully if a sale does go through it will make fans happy - have seen a lot of "time for FSG to sell up" stuff over time - those fans may be getting what they want now.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    So Jurgen has told them without putting some money in, we are dropping like a stone along with the value of your asset and their response is to put the club on the market asap …

Shock

To be fair I’m not that surprised, they were never going to invest enough to keep us at the top of the game and this is almost inevitable before the value of their asset drops.
    100%. Cut and run.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    100%. Cut and run.
    It was always the end game.

They can go get that NFL franchise they have been so desperate for do so long.

I blame Klopp, asking for another mid has sent them over the edge. That or the fact that one of theirs has been outed on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    FFP has been replaced remember, but I would say that IF a sale happens (and this isn't just seeking out investment such as the RedBird deal) then your proposed hypothesis is likely pretty spot on.

Folks moan about FSG but they’ve overseen our best period in decades. We’ve won a lot of trophies and if it weren’t for one financially doped rival in particular we would have two more League titles. Fans can say that mainly down to Klopp mainly and I'd largely agree as the right Manager makes a World of difference, but they've played their part with some of the "big picture" stuff - we're better with recruitment, Anfield’s ongoing redevelopment during their tenure has been superb, excellent training complex..... they're not without errors but have largely done a good job for me.

If FFP had actually been enforced by parties that weren't either spineless or corrupt to the hilt, we'd probably say they were as close to "excellent" as we could want - sadly hasn't panned out that way.

Hopefully if a sale does go through it will make fans happy - have seen a lot of "time for FSG to sell up" stuff over time - those fans may be getting what they want now.
    Much of this is true Sid, but so much of it was luck. Without Klopp we aren’t even close and even then, that sale of Coutinho was crucial.

Personally I worry for what comes next, they haven’t been bad, but they haven’t been that great either. So many times they tried stunts. The fact they got us so cheap in what looks to have been a very murky deal - for only the debt. That should be investigated. And then to play it so cagey with a manager that would have seen us win 2 or 3 times more than we have. What a tragedy.

No - they have been too preoccupied with the bottom line. I guess they will reap the reward in due course
    Last edited by Steveo; 7th November 2022 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

Who comes in though? Unless it's some sort of massively rich bastard like Abramovic or a Gulf State we're not going to be able to compete long term whoever it is.

And i'm not sure Jurgen would want the Man City/Newcastle type money.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Let’s see IF a Chinese bidder is allowed this time.

If not - then you know who is to blame and who is calling the shots!

My interpretation is that they are looking for investors, rather than selling.
    The new shareholders could be roped in to providing the funds we need for investing in the squad, rather than paying out of their own pockets.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Mine too, also likely to be testing the water. Seeing what the fan base really thinks before making a decision. Plenty more bucks to be made from us yet.

If they really want NFL though. They might have to sell

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Much of this is true Sid, but so much of it was luck. Without Klopp we aren’t even close and even then, that sale of Coutinho was crucial.

Personally I worry for what comes next, they have t been bad, but they haven’t been that great either. The fact they got us so cheap in what looks to have been a very murky deal - for only the debt. And then to play it so cagey with a manager that would have seen us win 2 or 3 times more than we have.

No - they have been too preoccupied with the bottom line. I guess they will reap the reward in due course
    Absolutely. But that Coutinho sale is part of the buy low, sell high strategy that is one of the only ways for us to try and keep pace with the richer clubs. If you cant outspend your opponents, you have to find other ways of challenging. A manager can make up a lot of the difference, as can having a good scouting team etc.

FSG definitely could and should have dipped into their pockets more but by and large we're a pretty well run club from top to bottom. Transfer-wise barring the odd hiccup, it's been superb.

But as with this kind of strategy there will be time when the low cost/young players dont work or the manager appointments dont work.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post

And i'm not sure Jurgen would want the Man City/Newcastle type money.
    Intrigued. Why?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"