Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 12345678910111454 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC Up for Sale?

Forget the BS politics..

What is better and more noble about buying a club way below its true value (almost half) and making it run itself only to reap the huge profit reward - on sale.

As opposed to buying a club and investing a ton of your own money into it. Even writing off anything the club may owe you - on sale... Like a cool £1.5 billion?

How is using a football club as a tool to make money, better than investing your own money into a passion?

I cannot get my head around this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    why are you and others so stupid?

There's being like City..... then there's having to loan a midfielder in because we can't eat into FSG profits from milking us......

the money spent is criminal after our best times of late.

I'd be happy if we actually spent a bit of money and we could get what we needed.... instead of a cheap option, or nothing at all......

Not asking for 100's of millions...... asking us to spend than other clubs in the league which are a lot lower than us.

we could have been sitting on a few more titles, and another champions league win if you know the owners spent a little bit of money, even that one extra player who's good in midfield

it's pathetic, they need to go.

at least the newcastle owners actually seem to give a damn about the club and area, and I don't mean just because of the money, these yanks couldn't care less
    Don't call me stupid, Kev.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

FSG were always in it for the money.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Forget the BS politics..

What is better and more noble about buying a club way below its true value (almost half) and making it run itself only to reap the huge profit reward - on sale.

As opposed to buying a club and investing a ton of your own money into it. Even writing off anything the club may owe you - on sale... Like a cool £1.5 billion?

How is using a football club as a tool to make money, better than investing your own money into a passion?

I cannot get my head around this one.
    Nothing wrong with what Abramovic did, or in fact what City or Newcastle are doing. Other than it totally warping the rest of the game.

Why are we always complaining about money runing the game?

Even if we get a 'nice' owner who can spend a few extra quid, how are we any better off in the long run? We'll still have to be clever in the long run to keep pace.

Hearing Ambani family (Indian) worth 830bn looking to make a 4bn offer. Previously have offered 3bn in 2017 and 18
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

With guaranteed squad investment
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Nothing wrong with what Abramovic did, or in fact what City or Newcastle are doing. Other than it totally warping the rest of the game.

Why are we always complaining about money runing the game?

Even if we get a 'nice' owner who can spend a few extra quid, how are we any better off in the long run? We'll still have to be clever in the long run to keep pace.
    Money has changed the game for sure, but it was always an issue to be fair.

I agree on Roman, but I cannot accept that Newcastle and City or PSG are not totally destroying it all. State owing a club? Cannot be right..

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Hearing Ambani family (Indian) worth 830bn looking to make a 4bn offer. Previously have offered 3bn in 2017 and 18
    That would be great.. imo. If they don't need the money then surely their interest is based on passion for the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Money has changed the game for sure, but it was always an issue to be fair.

I agree on Roman, but I cannot accept that Newcastle and City or PSG are not totally destroying it all. State owing a club? Cannot be right..
    How can spending with impunity be right?