Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8485152535455565758596061626364 LastLast

Thread: LFC Up for Sale?

Will Spearman new head of research.
    I knew he'd get the job. Just wished him the best of luck and popped a card in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I honestly want a spending limit on the price of players. I think its ridiculous that a team can spend 600 million in 6 months like Chelsea. Its a double edged sword when it comes to our owners.. Firstly you can't blame them for the facts the cost of players are astronomical other teams who have caused that. Secondly and more profoundly you can blame for not investing more in the playing staff.
    I have never seen a LFC want us to pay out 500/600 million in 1/2 transfer windows. But we do need around 200 million..
    Thats well possibly considering the income we generate.. But 98% of football clubs cant compete with the owners at the likes of Newcastle/Man-city/Chelsea PSG and so on..These clubs are the anomaly and ought to be brought back into line
    I want wage caps on all players, the argument by Jimmy fucking whopper Hill was that they're the ones who determine whether or not their club is successful, guess fucking what, structure, the manager and support staff play a huge part in it and every business' employees are the people who make the business successful

Playing staff should not account for 50% of any clubs entire income, it should be in line with how every other business operates
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Football , or should I say the Premier league, PSG , Barcelona etc ; it us ALL about money.

It always has been probably even before the 60s .
    But these days there is a parallel between wages spent and success.

Like said, there should be strict budgets.
    Like said 50% of revenue for wages.
    Like said , revenue must be scrutinised.

Transfers must also be following some kind of normal business model.
    £600m is absolutely ridiculous in 12 months.

The problem is, how wants to stop that. Money buys everything and everyone.
    If you are in that environment would you say, no, £350k a week to kick a ball is no normal.

I don't spend any money on football.
    Nothing.
    Not on TV or going.
    It is a rip off.
    Had enough of it.
    Only watch Liverpool these days, and read the news, scores on the BBC.

Also the hate, the hateful songs the hateful banter , and the just nastiness around the sport. Why support that.
    Why hate someone that you don't even know, that supports an opposite team.
    Always found that really sad.
    All that hate.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Football , or should I say the Premier league, PSG , Barcelona etc ; it us ALL about money.

If you are in that environment would you say, no, £350k a week to kick a ball is no normal.

Nothing.
    Not on TV or going.
    It is a rip off.
    Had enough of it.

Also the hate, the hateful songs the hateful banter , and the just nastiness around the sport. Why support that.
    All that hate.
    The gate is one thing that pushes me off about football. The online arguments. No one can ever give credit to a rival anymore. Excuses and whataboutery from all angles in using us.

Ah well. Fucked then. Summer rebuild? Whatever.

Yey, 10 more years of selling to buy.

Net spend league winners here we come

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post

Nothing.
    Not on TV or going.
    It is a rip off.
    Had enough of it.

All that hate.
    A prediciton for 2023-2024. In the world of English football transfers, there was a legendary club known as LFC. They were notorious for their shrewd transfer dealings, but this season, they were struggling to find the right players to take them to the top. After a series of unsuccessful attempts, they stumbled upon a mysterious talent from a remote village in South America. He went by the name of "The Wizard" and had an otherworldly ability to control the ball with his mind.

LFC wasted no time in signing The Wizard, and he single-handedly led them to victory in the Premier League. His magical abilities left the opposition baffled, and the LFC once again became the new kings of English football.

AI, AI-oh..... Hahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Rumours that the Qatari investors have moved on. Rumours of being offered a minority share for 2 billion. 😁😁 Fair play to FSG. Really trying to maximise their profits.
    Looks like a sale is off the cards according to the rumours/reports.
    From the bits I've seen, the Qatari group had set out to buy United back in the summer. LFC talk emerged later and it's now rumoured the Qatari group have all but sealed their united deal.

Seeing the 2 billion for a minority stake demand, well JwH&Co must at least have a 4 billion valuation.
    Dear 1 million LFC fans with 3,000-4,000 pounds each, for a majority sharehold of LFC fans.....

Many in favour of any new owners, who'll be putting more money into the club - more net spending. A fair complaint over the past few years.
    But not one in tune with a fan based ownership model. Which is a bit odd. Clubs should turn a bit of profit on average, pay some corporate tax on profits, pay some dividends to its shareholders and shares increase in value over time. As they do with inflation.

For me our owners are reasonably good, an ill gotten soy bean Empire of blood - noted steveo

CCTV - Critique
    Expanded stadium - a cheap 60k seater & corporate tickets for oots
    New traning facility - a cursed plastic site on account of Melwood not being a greenfield site

Titles:
    1 PL, 1 CL, 1st WCC, FA & EFL Cup. We won the charity shield this year iirc at least.

Nearly won 2 more CL & PL titles & 1 EL title under Klopp alone and a PL title under BR.
    Here a relativley low net spend on transfers, say 50-150 million more over the Klopp era can leave a real bitter taste in the mouth, the What If..

Managers: Kenny, BR, Klopp....

Advocates for an ESL. A better format for football: more matches, more tickets, more eyeballs, more money.
    New uefa CL version is shite and solves very little as I see it.

Fans need more tickets.
    The ESL format guaranteed 18 games in the CL.
    Max 23 games to win it.
    2 groups of ten.
    The 20 best teams in Europe.
    Top 4 of both groups qualify for seeded Quarter finals, then Semis and a final.

The New CL format from uefa guarantees 10 CL games a season.
    1 group of 36, you play 5 upto 10 of the 36 opponents in your group - luck of the draw.
    24 of 36 teams qualify for the KO stages.
    36 of Europe's "best" teams...
    Max 19 games to win it.
    Round of 9-24 aka shitshow bonus round
    Round of 16, Quarters, Semis and a Final

The format we don't have, the better one, should then have been mirrored by the Europa league.

Revenue wise Global Broadcasting and Merch have already overtaken Gate Receipts.
    Fans should see ticket prices coming down. I'd say more money from Global broadcast interest and more games => reducing ticket prices significantly.
    I'd still allow for corporate boxes, and oots paying for a once in a lifetime ticket, sorry, #MatchDayExperience. But the "other/regular/STH/lifebloodofteclubscousers" drop those type of ticket prices.
    Smithy iirc playing £170 pounds to see PL, CL & PL tickets in a single week!! Madness.

Potential TV revenue, versus.... LFC earning at best just north of 500million pounds a year from everything presently.

Some music artist with 2 billion unique views of his 1 song, name escapes me, "Gotye - somebody i used to know", has turned down ad revenue from YouTube of 10 million. Refusing it on principle. YouTube still making money even if he collected that 10 million.

2 billion views by 4 minutes of a song = 8 billion viewing minutes.

Now if YOU'RE NOT asking for 3 or 4 grand off 1 million LFC fans, me for example, you can find many more than 1 million LFC fans.

Let's say a Conservative 100 million lfc fans worldwide, 60 games a season, 90 mins a game. 540 billion viewing minutes.

540/8= 67.5 as many viewer minutes every year

67.5 × 10,000,000 = 675 million

Lfc could quite easily get a 100 million people to watch its games for free on YouTube, and by the Gotye stat of rejected revenue from adds earn more than it does in a single year presently.

60,000 fans at Anfield watching LFC play anybody, can have 100 million people watching them watching the game.
    Game v Manu, Real or Barca already north of 500 million viewers.

A top tier 20 of Europe's best in an ESL CL.
    A "top" tier 21-40 of Europe's next best in an ESL EL.
    Some other conference lark for PL stragglers like Everton and others in a conference league with whatever number of games that best suits these smaller sides.
    10-12 PL teams should be able to qualify for an ESL CL & EL Place. Maybe top4(or5) in PL qualify automatically, and 5-6th to qualify as teams do now, and we did v Hoffenheim in 17/18.
    Last edited by CCTV; 21st February 2023 at 12:37 AM.