Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst 123456789101112131656 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC Up for Sale?

James Pearce @JamesPearceLFC

Telling in the FSG statement today that it doesn't say 'the club is not for sale' (unlike when they knocked down speculation in 2018). #LFC's owners open to offers for both minority stake and full control. Bankers tasked with establishing what's out there.

That's how I'm lookimg at it.
    They're putting the feelers out but trying not to be obvious but it looks obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenpotter View Post
    Venkys worth a fucking shit load too and look how blackbum rovers ended up
    Venky's were nowhere near the Ambani's. I think they were in the low 100s of millions.

Ambani's run an empire of different businesses. They are in the 100's of billions.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    That's how I'm lookimg at it.
    They're putting the feelers out but trying not to be obvious but it looks obvious.
    Will also impact the price.

Gutted no more oil states left

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    FSG were always in it for themselves. They never wanted debt on the club. Because all they wanted is profit. The club's debt was paid off by the club and the profit was there's. (that's how it seemed to me)
    Anybody who buys this club is in it "..for themselves"

You're delusional if you believe there are any potential buyers out there who would (could) buy the club for the good of the club first and foremost above all else, and not to make a profit from it and get a good return on their investment.

These are billionaires and rich people we're talking about here.
    You don't acquire that level of wealth without a sense of making profit from your acquisitions.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Can't believe it...Goldstink talk Sport spot on about FSG

I mean, if this Ambani thing comes off, we could get a few banners going "we tried the cowboys, now it's time for the Indians"

(joke)

Prob end up selling to another US company who'll borrow the living sh*t to fund us...

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I think the buying a stake is how its being dressed up but a sale is definitely possible if the price is right.
    Spot on. Seems odd the athletic would say its up for sale and the club say its just a share sale so shortly thereafter, and not a media backing down.

Feeders are out, whose interested, what price. See what suits them best.

It's sad that FFP is dead. As it is we are getting shafted by the PL & CL for TV money. But getting no benefit from FFP.

If they want the sport more even and competitive sharing out money LFC generate ij the PL and CL, they should have the same impact with FFP. But its just not materialised.

Reasonably good owners, good infrastructure, hired Klopp won some top tier trophies competing against a bunch of financial dopers.

Lets see what happens now

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Anybody who buys this club is in it "..for themselves"

You're delusional if you believe there are any potential buyers out there who would (could) buy the club for the good of the club first and foremost above all else, and not to make a profit from it and get a good return on their investment.

These are billionaires and rich people we're talking about here.
    You don't acquire that level of wealth without a sense of making profit from your acquisitions.
    Then they can fk off. I dont want us being used has a cash cow. Football means more than personal wealth. It means winning!
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century