Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141757 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC Up for Sale?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Then they can fk off. I dont want us being used has a cash cow. Football means more than personal wealth. It means winning!
    Anybody who buys the club now is going to be doing so for profit, first and foremost.

It doesn't matter if they're a Londoner billionaire, or a Middle Eastern nation state consortium, or an Indian billionaire family or an Oil baron (of any sort).
    Even with a Scouser dyed-in-the-wool, true Red billionaire suppporter from the day the were a pup (if such a mythical unicorn creature were to even exist) it would be the same.

The kind of billionaire owner that the #FSGOUT types are pining for (but never openly willing to admit they are), that's just going to splunk a whole boatload of dough on the club and not care about balancing the books, simply doesn't exist anymore, and it's doubtful they ever did.

The closest to such a thing was Abramovich and even he made a profit from selling Chelsea.

Whether you or other are willing to admit it or not, FSG were the best we could have hoped for, and the fact that they're can't seem to make it work (mostly due to the league and UEFA's failures in enforcing FFP or making it a real thing), doesn't bode well for any future owner who's not willing to lose hundreds of millions in simply keeping us competitive much less at the top of the heap.

"winning",...sorry to break it to you,....means.....££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ ££££££££££££££££££
    And lots of it.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Spot on Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Forget the BS politics..

What is better and more noble about buying a club way below its true value (almost half) and making it run itself only to reap the huge profit reward - on sale.

As opposed to buying a club and investing a ton of your own money into it. Even writing off anything the club may owe you - on sale... Like a cool £1.5 billion?

How is using a football club as a tool to make money, better than investing your own money into a passion?

I cannot get my head around this one.
    A poorer man runs a business and competes with a richer man.
    The richer man pumps way more money into this business to make it succeed.
    You would expect the richer man to do better, like big supermarkets running a small loss on booze to exploit the alcohol consumer making more off their other groceries.
    If the poorer man can remain competitive and challenge the richer man, then people often find he has run his business better. Being somewhat competitive with a richer man who has more money to invest.

All of the oil clubs, for their large spend, have returned a profit on the point of sale. The sale of Chelsea were Roman to be able to collect his fee would have returned a large profit. 1 billion.
    The idea he sank money into Chelsea only makes sense if you ignore the asset appreciation.

For clubs who were already in the top 4, with larger revenues, fanbases and commercial deals. The ability to mimic this is sometimes just not as feasible. The same growth opportunity isn't there due to their legacy.

Jwh for the price he bought lfc, could've invested more to accelerate growth in the club.

This practice could continue for another while based on digital media growth. But its a better strategy to buy a smaller club and bring it up.
    It would be hard to buy real Madrid and have real fans fall over themselves for keeping them top of the league or winning a CL.
    If you take a no mark club like toon, psg, cfc, or city you are the attributable cause of success.
    If city win the CL few will deny its a sign of the mansours investment. If you do it with real and their 14 CL titles its a lot more meh. Real win CLs already.

It is funny, but you can posit a large part of the inflation in football beyond the TV growth and PL/CL success. Each of the oil clubs had inflated the market with their aggressive spending. So some part of the dissatisfaction with fees and wages can be placed on this type of investment.

One of the first thing I thought of when I saw the headline today was FSG wanting to sell to then buy the soon to be up for sale Washington Commanders. LFC recently valued at £3.9 billion, that would only leave about a billion dollars left to outright buy that NFL franchise. Add a team that likely will miss out on CL money next year and it’s a good time for them to make their move.

They stand to have made between 12 and 15 times their outlay.

It’s epic

Getting out before the incoming cataclysmic recession next year.

We should be happy that they managed to put in £300 million. That’s Neymar and 3/4 of a Coutinho… and stand to take out - between 3 and £4 billion.

But get this… we or the money we can generate was never the prey.

On the poor form:

Here’s a thought. Maybe the players caught wind of FSG and their plans?

Or do we think - as with the ESL, it has all been done behind Klopp’s back?

No way Jurgen would keep it from the players imo.
    Last edited by Steveo; 7th November 2022 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    One of the first thing I thought of when I saw the headline today was FSG wanting to sell to then buy the soon to be up for sale Washington Commanders. LFC recently valued at £3.9 billion, that would only leave about a billion dollars left to outright buy that NFL franchise. Add a team that likely will miss out on CL money next year and it’s a good time for them to make their move.
    Can you blame them if that's the case?

The NFL at least has some sense of a form of financial fair play with their salary caps and whatnot, that the Premier League and European football leagues in general have a hard time grasping the importance of in general.
    It's much easier or feasible to put up a competitive team in their league that can at least challenge for the Superbowl there than it is one that can be a credible challenger to City in our league.

It's the reason why, outside the New England Patriots in the early to mid-aughts the NFL hasn't really had what you would call "dynasties" that dominate the league year in and year out.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We should be happy that they managed to put in £300 million. That’s Neymar and 3/4 of a Coutinho… and stand to take out - between 3 and £4 billion.

But get this… we or the money we can generate was never the prey.

On the poor form:

Here’s a thought. Maybe the players caught wind of FSG and their plans?

Or do we think - as with the ESL, it has all been done behind Klopp’s back?

No way Jurgen would keep it from the players imo.
    Why would they (or any other owners for that matter) ever keep Klopp in the loop as to what their future ownership or potential sale plans are or might be, or even feel the need to?

Why would the owner of any business at all for that matter ever feel it necessary to loop in their employees (which, let's face it, is all that Klopp is at the end of the day) into such ownership decisions that are way above their paygrade?

If anything you've exactly hit on the reason why they would not.
    That he would in turn clue in the players, which would in turn affect their performance on the field, and which in its own part would affect their ability to get a good bid from a buyer.
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Can you blame them if that's the case?

The NFL at least has some sense of a form of financial fair play with their salary caps and whatnot, that the Premier League and European football leagues in general have a hard time grasping the importance of in general.
    It's much easier or feasible to put up a competitive team in their league that can at least challenge for the Superbowl there than it is one that can be a credible challenger to City in our league.

It's the reason why, outside the New England Patriots in the early to mid-aughts the NFL hasn't really had what you would call "dynasties" that dominate the league year in and year out.
    Yeah it’s smart business no doubt. NFL is a cash cow with parity between owners, revenue sharing, huge tv contracts, growing global reach, a strong college game to draw new players from, etc. It’s a closed shop and there are rise and fall teams every year instead of the same top six year after year after year in England. They made an investment that went from 300 million to 3.9 billion in a dozen years. Red Sox fans are praying they sell LFC and spend some on them lol.