Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151858 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC Up for Sale?

New owner from Newcastle was interested on Liverpool FC, but unfortunately FSG at the time don't want to sell it.
    Now let's see what the future comes. It's a great time to sell because the squad need big investment on the summer, the EU economy will be on big recession next year and the fight for the Top4 will be harder on years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Kop On Portugal View Post
    New owner from Newcastle was interested on Liverpool FC, but unfortunately FSG at the time don't want to sell it.
    Now let's see what the future comes. It's a great time to sell because the squad need big investment on the summer, the EU economy will be on big recession next year and the fight for the Top4 will be harder on years to come.
    Bit disappointed to hear that from you Kop. Yes investment needed but …..NEVER… from the likes of the new NUFC owners, or their ilk.
    It doesn’t admittedly leave too many options but the rumoured Indian interest needs to be looked at. Nobody can outgun the oil clubs ,but in terms of the required spend per annum an investor with 800bn wealth can match them should they wish to.

Doesn’t happen often but on this I agree with you huyrob

I know they’re based in London and their ground will be of more value than Anfield in real estate terms but how can this be true??

FSG will make a significant profit on their investment, but Liverpool's valuation is less than the price Roman Abramovich sold Chelsea for earlier this year. (Star)

British billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe is among those who could purchase Liverpool. (Liverpool Echo)

According to Wikipedia…

Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE is an English billionaire, chemical engineer and businessman. Ratcliffe is the chairman and chief executive officer of the Ineos chemicals group, which he founded in 1998 and of which he still owns two-thirds, and which has been estimated to have a turnover of $15 billion in 2019. Wikipedia
    Born: 18 October 1952 (age 70 years), Failsworth
    Net worth: 11.7 billion USD (2022) Forbes

Quote Originally Posted by Kop On Portugal View Post
    the fight for the Top4 will be harder on years to come.
    I might have the wrong year, but I think 24/25 is the beginning of a "Top Five" for the Premier League, so if (big "if") we can -

- finish 4th or higher in 22/23 AND
    - finish 4th or higher in 23/24

- then we should enter 24/25 with reasonable confidence.

I think the current season will be our biggest challenge honestly with the deterioration in athleticism in the midfield, the first post-Mane season (meaning our attack is adjusting whilst the midfield is weaker) and the bad combination of injuries in the early stages - one would hope this isn't the norm, especially if we can replace Ox/Keita etc so the squad can rotate more.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I know they’re based in London and their ground will be of more value than Anfield in real estate terms but how can this be true??

FSG will make a significant profit on their investment, but Liverpool's valuation is less than the price Roman Abramovich sold Chelsea for earlier this year. (Star)
    You forget that Abramovich's sale price included the repayment of the 1.5 Billion "loan"* that he had lent the club over the course of his stewardship of it.

(* They were de facto being run under a considerable debt, - a model that FSG does not use to run LFC.
    The Manc's sale price will be likewise inflated when the Glazers do decide to sell on since they too have place a large amount on debt on their club as well.

It would do the #FSGOUT folks to remember that fact, considering all the investment that's been done to the club (new stands, state-of-the-art new training ground) that wasn't done on debt))

But yes, the fact that Chelsea is a London club plays a large role in their larger valuation.
    Land is just more expensive per capita and per hectare over there.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    British billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe is among those who could purchase Liverpool. (Liverpool Echo)

According to Wikipedia…

Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE is an English billionaire, chemical engineer and businessman. Ratcliffe is the chairman and chief executive officer of the Ineos chemicals group, which he founded in 1998 and of which he still owns two-thirds, and which has been estimated to have a turnover of $15 billion in 2019. Wikipedia
    Born: 18 October 1952 (age 70 years), Failsworth
    Net worth: 11.7 billion USD (2022) Forbes
    Let me guess,.....

Also (just) happens to be a,....(**checks notes**),.....'Life-long fan™ of Liverpool Football Club from whence he was a little boy bouncing on his grandpa's knee with whom he used to watch all the great Liverpool teams of yore'...........or summat like that....

Oh,...and he has signed Keegan,....er....no wait,...Ian Rush top sitting in a glass case in his office.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

As long As new owner not American I am fine with it, American owners are all about investment, profit taker, opportunist, they do not care about football(or soccer), fans and trophies.

Invest 300m get back 3b in 10 years time, take back 900m profit in 10 years, net spending only 277m in 10 years. Wondering if they spent half of the profit 450mil more in 10 years, I guess Pep already out of his job.

The only best thing FSG bought to us is bringing Klopp in.
    Last edited by Joetan991; 8th November 2022 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    As long As new owner not American I am fine with it, American owners are all about investment, profit taker, opportunist, they do not care about football(or soccer), fans and trophies.

Invest 300m get back 3b in 10 years time, take back 900m profit in 10 years, net spending only 277m in 10 years. Wondering if they spent half of the profit 450mil more in 10 years, I guess Pep already out of his job.

The only best thing FSG bought to us is bringing Klopp in.

I mean,......

...we also DID win a couple of trophies here and there.
    (Including one we hadn't won in a long time).

Not to mention the state-of-the-art new training ground,.....
    The expanded stand that allows and will allow more people to see live matches......
    Not leaving us with a massive debt......
    Making us the 4th most valuable football club in the world,.....
    Making us the only consistent challengers to City's dominance,....

Why do people love to pretend like FSG was only just barely better than terrible in their time here considering everything we've experienced in the time they've been here?
    Stone-Cold Savage!