Page 1 of 14 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: We will make top 4 that is all

We will make top 4 that is all

City
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Spurs

Utd are having a ronaldo crisis and aren't that great still, chelsea dropping points, not even sure spurs will make the top4

it's a very weird season, and.. the fact that arsenal have been the most consistent proves that!

Can't really call either end of the table yet, I know we're not that far into the season but normally you have some idea by now, plus this stupid world cup (which I think we're lucky in a way not that many players are going) adds to the interesting part and how it'll effect things going forward.

we might not be in the title running sadly, but still it's a rather interesting season as it's playing out.

it was key to get those few wins we so needed with other teams dropping pts, it'll also be interesting because it won't be long after the season re-starts the transfer window will be here, I wonder if newcastle will splash the cash hoping they'll stay in the top4? at the moment I see them dropping off players like Almiron won't be as good as they are at the moment for the whole season.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 15th November 2022 at 06:22 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    City
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Spurs

Utd are having a ronaldo crisis and aren't that great still, chelsea dropping points, not even sure spurs will make the top4

it's a very weird season, and.. the fact that arsenal have been the most consistent proves that!

Can't really call either end of the table yet, I know we're not that far into the season but normally you have some idea by now, plus this stupid world cup (which I think we're lucky in a way not that many players are going) adds to the interesting part and how it'll effect things going forward.

we might not be in the title running sadly, but still it's a rather interesting season as it's playing out.

it was key to get those few wins we so needed, it'll also be interesting because it won't be long after the season re-starts the transfer window will be here, I wonder if newcastle will splash the cash hoping they'll stay in the top4? at the moment I see them dropping off players like Almiron won't be as good as they are at the moment for the whole season.
    Dear Kev0909
    Guaranteed if we buy one £100m top midfielder then he will get crocked or gets some persistent injury. I hope we look at some one or two like Ryan Yates.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Dear Kev0909
    Guaranteed if we buy one £100m top midfielder then he will get crocked or gets some persistent injury. I hope we look at some one or two like Ryan Yates.
    I doubt we'll buy anyone of note
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I doubt we'll buy anyone of note
    Everyone is looking elsewhere but Ryan Yates is fit for Gini's or Hendo's boots!

A lot of midfielders going at the end of this season. i think we will have to buy at least one in january.
    I think how the season pans out for all the top clubs depends very much on who gets injured at the world cup. Imagine crocks for harry kane, Kevin De Bruyne, Martinez, or Odegard.
    I think we will get top four, with a bit of luck.

I hope it is not all, I'd like to win some cups too.

I might sound over-optimistic and I may be way off but I think at worst we finish second and maybe we can actually win it, I don't think Arsenal will win it and will fall away, we're only ten points behind City, last season we were further behind and nearly won it. 33/1 with Paddy Power, it's worth a fiver.

Quote Originally Posted by trueandred View Post
    I might sound over-optimistic and I may be way off but I think at worst we finish second and maybe we can actually win it, I don't think Arsenal will win it and will fall away, we're only ten points behind City, last season we were further behind and nearly won it. 33/1 with Paddy Power, it's worth a fiver.
    Admirable - but we aren't there (yet) in terms of Klopp's 2.0 side. Think of it this way. We could go on a 10-game winning streak (doubt it) whilst Man City win 8 but lose 2 - and we would only have clawed back 6 points on them.

We'll finish in the Champion's League spots for me but not the top two. Before the season started I would have wanted more but having witnessed how things unfolded to begin with I'll take it.

A bit like 09/10 in a sense - a lot of us watched that run of 11 or so games in 08/09 and thought that the following year we were capable of winning the League and/or Champion's League - then of course the Alonso sale, the bad start, Aquilani etc.

22/23 - four sides qualify for the Champion's League
    23/24 - four sides qualify for the Champion's League
    24/25 - five sides qualify for the Champion's League

DON'T slip out (giggity) of the Champion's League spots and DO recruit well (young, talented) in the coming windows whilst operating in a time of increased match revenue - we should be alright.

I put money on us to win the Champions League after Napoli away

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I put money on us to win the Champions League after Napoli away
    Tell you what - if we do manage to get past Real Madrid the squad will certainly believe.

You'd have a quarter-final to play - half at Anfield.
    You'd have a semi-final to play - half at Anfield.
    You'd have a final to play - in Istanbul.

Real Madrid are (arguably) the biggest hurdle.