Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: We will make top 4 that is all

I think we need to bring a couple of players in for that to happen.
    Maybe the months rest will be a real blessing?
    If there's no reinforcement in midfield then I wouldn't be betting on a top 4 finish.

Top 4 is attainable but depends on a big upturn swing for us - & - others failing.

As for the CL

Absolutely no doubt we can win it..but we would have to improve significantly on where we have been since the back end of last season. Would have to find those goals for the big game.. that we failed to muster in 330 minutes of play across all 3 finals last term.

I see the draw as a massive bunk up for City….that we play Real and that PSG play Bayern.

2 big hitters gone after this round. Conte could spring a few surprises too and would be a tough one for us or Peps mercenaries to face over 2 legs. If Napoli continue their form, then that is one tough tie…

Considering we lost to Forrest and Leeds it looks fanciful to expect much from us, but post World Cup we could potentially have our defensive line back in shape. Nobody can tell me Virgil hasn’t been playing within himself this season. WC in his mind. It’s almost like the title defence back there. Gomez and Trent cannot continue as one half, even IF Virgil gets back to his best.

If Matip/Konate can partner Virgil - Trent can find his form, we keep Thiago fit (crucial) AND get Diaz and Jota back.. lots of ifs - then yes - we have a good chance I would say.

Let’s not think too much about Neymar - Messi & Mbappe working into that channel where Trent and Joe do their worst… not just yet….

Agree Steveo about the draw being brilliant for Man City. It may yet prove to be their year, which would be a shame - but time will tell.

On the losses to Forest and Leeds I am hoping points lost/gained in certain areas (compared to our fellow Top Four competitors) will balance out. Not many sides will beat Man City (which we did) and I think (would need to check) we're the only side with realistic Champion's League aspirations that beat Newcastle - I think there was a 3-3 draw with Man City, a 0-0 with Man United, Chelsea lost to them.....can't think who else.

All fingers crossed for a less ridiculous combination of injuries for after the World Cup break.

As for the League Cup (and the effect it could have on fixtures) I am seeing positives either way - beat Man City and we may well go on to win the Tournament, which would light a fire under the arses of some of our players. Lose though and as gutted as my inner competitor would be, we have less fixtures to contend with - thinking management of squad fatigue and injuries here.

Again, those Leeds and Forest games are absolute killers. If those had been wins, it'd have been decent start to the season without really playing well and anything could have been possible.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Think Newcastle will get top 4. They have a massive advantage this season of only playing once a week while all rival teams are playing every few days. I think they might even finish 3rd with us fighting Spurs and United for 4th. I believe Chelsea will finish 7th

Chelsea need to get the checkbook out. Anyone can see that

Interesting thread. Some bold predictions in here.

Still despite them finally winning a trophy, we are still ahead

https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1629911740577185792?s=46&t=zaC7v-UVs2gFDPa_jJmG6g

[IMG][/IMG]

Not over until the fat lady sings.. although i'd see spurs 3rd us 4th now!

Keep the faith no problems with us nope none!
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Not over until the fat lady sings.. although i'd see spurs 3rd us 4th now!

Keep the faith no problems with us nope none!
    Huh??...10/10 for optimism mate but have you looked at the league table??...Don't think anyone's catching the top3....Spuds,Newcastle and maybe us as a long shot for 4th is how I see it....We're struggling to get past the likes of Brighton and Fulham at the minute....

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=premier+league+table&sourcei d=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#sie=lg;/g/11pz7zbpnb;2;/m/02_tc;st;fp;1;;;

It isn't that far out of reach, we have to win the next few including thumping Real at their place, 2 early goals for us, their nerves will kick in
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”