Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: We will make top 4 that is all

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    Huh??...10/10 for optimism mate but have you looked at the league table??...Don't think anyone's catching the top3....Spuds,Newcastle and maybe us as a long shot for 4th is how I see it....We're struggling to get past the likes of Brighton and Fulham at the minute....

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=premier+league+table&sourcei d=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#sie=lg;/g/11pz7zbpnb;2;/m/02_tc;st;fp;1;;;
    I totally forgot about UTD tbh! haha

4th still doable some win and other teams fucking up like they've been doing all season all good!!

we need to beat UTD though :/
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Liverpool set to make record-breaking announcement today
    28th Feb, 2023 | 6:40am

Liverpool are set to announce on Tuesday record revenues of around £600million, finance sources have told Football Insider.

The Premier League giants are due to release their latest set of financial results on Tuesday morning for the period covering the 2021-22 season.
    Analysis from Football Insider has found that revenues for the year ending 31 May 2022, when Liverpool chased the quadruple until the last week of the season, are in line to comfortably break the club’s £533m pre-pandemic record.

The final figure is expected to climb up to the hugely significant £600m mark.
    The current record revenue secured by a Premier League club is the £613m reported by Man City for last season, in their last set of results announced in November.
    Like their north-west rivals, Liverpool are set for a big hike on their previous set of figures.
    Liverpool revealed in February of last year that total turnover for the year ending 31 May 2021 had dropped £3m to £487m.

Only Man City (£570m) and Man United (£494m) secured higher revenues than Liverpool in 2020-21, a season played mostly behind closed doors.
    Jurgen Klopp’s side were far more successful on the pitch last term, winning both domestic cups, reaching the Champions League final and finishing runners-up in the Premier League.
    New figures released by the Premier League detail the TV payments to clubs for the 2021-22 campaign.

Liverpool’s distribution was £152m, bettered only by the £153m earned by Man City.
    The Merseysiders made an overall loss of £5m for 2020-21, a small figure compared to most Premier League clubs.

However, they are back on track financially and are well placed to announce a healthy profit in their latest set of results.This will see the club return to announcing a huge profit, as they did for the three seasons preceding the pandemic.

-————————————————

And here we are - all yearning just for the chance of a top 4 finish.

All that revenue.. All that money… Then you look at our back line, and our truly shocking midfield situation and you ask.. why are so many of our young forwards injured..

😉

We have idiot owners.. in the footballing sense.

They managed to win the lottery and still lose the house.

Liverpool have announced a pre-tax profit of £7.5m for the 2021-22 season as the Premier League club's overall revenue rose by £107m to £594m.

During the 2021-22 campaign the Reds played in all 63 club games possible as they won the FA Cup and Carabao Cup.

They have recorded a profit for the first time since 2018-19, despite a £69m increase in administrative costs.

However, matchday revenue rose by £83m to £86m, as supporters returned following the coronavirus pandemic.

Wtf are administrative costs?
    Someone overuse the photocopier ?

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Wtf are administrative costs?
    Someone overuse the photocopier ?
    I can have the annual attempt at breaking some of it down when the accounts are released.

I'm no financial expert as folks in here well know, but I don't think my two/three (can't remember which) previous stabs at it have been dreadful.

£69m admin costs .
    That is a huge amount.
    Surely that figure sticks out like a sore thumb.
    Did keita , Ox work in the admin department?

This not in the right thread.

Will we make top 4 ?
    Does anyone have a crystal ball ?

I don't think this Liverpool deserve to be in the top 4.
    Getting beaten by Brighton Brentford Wolves Leeds Forest ( the first 3 clubs mentioned, Liverpool got humiliated!)

But Spurs who are currently 4th got whipped by Leicester.

If we get/got 2 new midfielders LAST summer it would have been top4 / title challenge.

Spurs Newcastle Brighton Fulham Brentford and Liverpool to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    This not in the right thread.
    To be fair posters probably manage to squeeze certain topics (FSG for one, under-performing scapegoat of the month another) into about a third of all threads in here regardless of relevance

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It isn't that far out of reach, we have to win the next few including thumping Real at their place, 2 early goals for us, their nerves will kick in
    If the defense wasn't in the absolute state it's in right now I wouldn't bet against that happening. But it's a shambles, they could easily put another 5 past us.
    Anyway, talk of top 4 will die after Sunday when that lot turn us over. It's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by pob View Post
    If the defense wasn't in the absolute state it's in right now I wouldn't bet against that happening. But it's a shambles, they could easily put another 5 past us.
    Anyway, talk of top 4 will die after Sunday when that lot turn us over. It's happening.
    We'll see. We aren't thumping Real Madrid but I still think finishing 4th is possible, however difficult.

Anfield needs to become a Fortress for a bit.

Positives to look for are -

- Most of our games against sides in the Top 10 have been away matches, meaning most of our remaining "big" games are at Anfield.
    - We have 3 clean sheets on the spin in the League
    - We have played Man United at Anfield something like 21 times since 2003 and they have scored 2 goals or more at our place a grand total of twice. I know "records are there to be broken" and they may well turn up and rock us, but history is on our side here and our crowd will be bang up for this.